2. “Stand in the gate of the LORD’S house, and proclaim there this Word, and say, ‘Hear the Word of the LORD, all Judah, who enter in at these gates to worship the LORD.’ ”
3. Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, “Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.
4. Do not trust in lying words, saying, ‘The temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD are these.’
5. For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings; if you thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor;
6. If you do not oppress the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, nor walk after other gods to your hurt;
7. Then I will cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, forever and ever.
8. Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot profit.
9. Will you steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know;
10. And then come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, ‘We are delivered to do all these abominations’?
11. Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it,” says the LORD.
12. “But now go to My place which was in Shiloh, where I set My name at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of My people Israel.
13. And now because you have done all these works,” says the LORD, “and I spoke to you, rising up early and speaking, but you did not hear; and I called you, but you did not answer;
14. Therefore I will do to this house, which is called by My name, in which you trust, and to the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
15. And I will cast you out of My sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, the whole seed of Ephraim.
16. Therefore do not pray for this people, nor lift up cry nor prayer for them, nor make intercession to Me; for I will not hear you.
17. Do you not see what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?
18. The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven and to pour out drink offerings to other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger.
19. Do they provoke Me to anger?” says the LORD. “Do they not provoke themselves, to the confusion of their own faces?”
20. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD; “Behold, My anger and My fury shall be poured out on this place, on man, and on beast, and on the trees of the field, and on the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be put out.”
21. Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, “Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
22. For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices.
23. But this thing I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people; and walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, so that it may be well with you.’
24. But they did not obey, nor bow their ear, but walked in their own counsels, in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward and not forward.
25. Since the day that your fathers came out of the land of Egypt until this day, I have even sent to you all My servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them,
26. Yet they did not hearken to Me, nor bow down their ear, but hardened their neck. They did worse than their fathers.
27. Thus you shall speak all these words to them, but they will not hearken to you; you shall also call to them, but they will not answer you.
28. But you shall say to them, ‘This is a nation which does not obey the voice of the LORD their God, nor receives correction; truth has perished, and is cut off from their mouth.
29. Cut off your hair and throw it away, and take up a lamentation on the high places. For the LORD has rejected and forsaken the generation of His wrath.’
30. For the children of Judah have done evil in My sight,” says the LORD. “They have set their abominations in the house which is called by My name, to pollute it.
31. They have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I did not command them, nor did it even come into My mind.
32. Therefore, behold, the days come,” says the LORD, “that it shall no more be called Tophet, nor the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter. For they shall bury in Tophet, until there is no place left.
33. And the bodies of this people shall be food for the birds of the heavens, and for the beasts of the earth; and none shall frighten them away.
34. Then I will cause the voice of gladness to cease from the cities of Judah and from the streets of Jerusalem, and the voice of joy, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride. For the land shall be desolate.”
HVqv2msin the gateH8179
HRHNcmscof the LORD'SH3068
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpwho enter inH935
HNcbpcHSp2mpand your doings,H4611
HCHNcmpcHSp2mpand I will cause youH853
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
Ifyou do notH3808
HNcmsaand the widow,H490
HCHNcfsaand do notH408
Then I will cause youH853
HRdHNcmsain the landH776
HVqp1csto your fathers,H1
Will you steal,H1589
HVqaand commit adultery,H5003
HRdHNcmsaand burn incenseH6999
HTryou do notH3808
And then comeH935
HCHVqq2mp'We are deliveredH5337
HVNp3msby My name,H8034
HDat the first,H7223
HNcfscof My peopleH5971
HCyou have doneH6213
HNp"and I spokeH1696
HRHSp2mprising up earlyH7925
HCHVpabut you did notH3808
HVqp2mpand I calledH7121
HToHSp2mpbut you did notH3808
Therefore I will doH6213
HCHVqq1csto this house,H1004
HVqrmpaand to the placeH4725
HRHSp2mpand to your fathers,H1
HRHTrI have doneH6213
And I will castH7993
HRHTrI have cast outH7993
HTdHNcmsanor lift upH5375
HCI will notH369
HNcmpaand the fathersH1
HTdHNcbsaand the womenH802
HNcmpato the queenH4446
HTdHNcmpaand to pour outH5258
HRthey may provoke Me to anger.H3707
HNp"Do they notH3808
HNcfscof their own faces?"H6440
HNcmscHSp1csand My furyH2534
HCHNcfscHSp1csshall be poured outH5413
HNcmscof the field,H7704
HNcmscof the ground;H127
HTdHNcfsaand it shall burn,H1197
HCHVqq3fsand shall notH3808
HCHTnbe put out."H3518
HVqv2mpyour burnt offeringsH5930
HCI did notH3808
HVpp1csHSp3mpin the dayH3117
HRHNcmscthat I broughtH3318
HToHSp3mpout of the landH776
HRHNcmscHSp1csand I will beH1961
HTrI have commandedH6680
HRit may be wellH3190
But they did notH3808
HCHVqw3mpin their own counsels,H4156
HRHNcfpain the imaginationH8307
HRHNcfscof their evilH7451
HVqp3cpof the landH776
HTdHNcmsaI have even sentH7971
HNcmsarising up earlyH7925
Yet they did notH3808
HNcmscHSp3mpThey did worseH7489
HVhp3cpthan their fathers.H1
Thus you shall speakH1696
HRHSp3mpbut they will notH3808
HRHSp2msyou shall also callH7121
HRHSp3mpbut they will notH3808
But you shall sayH559
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVqp3fsand is cut offH3772
HCHVNp3fsfrom their mouth.H6310
HNcmscHSp2fsand throw it away,H7993
HCHVhv2fsand take upH5375
HRthe high places.H8205
HNcmscof His wrath.'H5678
HTdHAamsain My sight,"H5869
HNp"They have setH7760
HNcmpcHSp3mpin the houseH1004
HNcmscHSp1csto pollute it.H2930
They have builtH1129
HCHVqp3cpthe high placesH1116
HTrisin the valleyH1516
HRHNcbscof the sonH1121
HNcfpcHSp3mpin the fire;H784
HTrI did notH3808
HCHTndid it even comeH5927
HNp"that it shall noH3808
HTdHNpnor the valleyH1516
HCHNcbscof the sonH1121
HTdHNcfsaFor they shall buryH6912
HRHNpuntil there is noH369
And the bodiesH5038
HRHNcmsafor the birdsH5775
HRHNcmscof the heavens,H8064
HTdHNcmpaand for the beastsH929
HCHRHNcfscof the earth;H776
HCHTnshall frighten them away.H2729
Then I will cause the voiceH6963
HCHVhq1csfrom the citiesH5892
HNpand from the streetsH2351
HNpand the voiceH6963
HNcmscof the bridegroom,H2860
HNcmsaand the voiceH6963
HCHNcmscof the bride.H3618
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved