1. Now it came to pass, that after the year had ended, at the time kings go forth, Joab led out the power of the army and wasted the country of the children of Ammon. And he came and besieged Rabbah. But David stayed at Jerusalem. And Joab struck Rabbah and destroyed it.
2. And David took the crown of their king from off his head and found it to weigh a talent of gold. And precious stones were in it. And it was set upon David’s head, and he also brought exceedingly much spoil out of the city.
3. And he brought out the people who were in it. And they cut with saws and with sharp tools of iron, and with the axes. And thus David did with the cities of the children of Ammon. And David and all the people returned to Jerusalem.
4. And it came to pass after this, that there arose war at Gezer with the Philistines. Then Sibbechai the Hushathite killed Sippai of the children of the giant.And they were humbled.
5. And there was war again with the Philistines. And Elhanan the son of Jair killed Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.
6. And again there was a battle in Gath, and a man of stature was there, and his fingers and toes were twenty-four, six on each hand and six on each foot. And he also was the son of the giant.
7. But he cursed Israel, and Jonathan the son of Shimea, David’s brother, killed him.
8. These were born to the giant in Gath. And they fell by the hand of David and by the hand of his servants.
Now it came to pass,H1961
HNcfscat the timeH6256
HNcmscof the armyH6635
HNcbscof the childrenH1121
HNpAnd he cameH935
HNpand destroyed it.H2040
HNcfscof their kingH4428
HRHRoff his headH7218
HNcmscHSp3msand found itH4672
HCHRHSp3fsAnd it wasH1961
HNcmscand he also broughtH3318
HCHNcmscout of the city.H5892
HCHTohe brought outH3318
HRHSp3fsAnd they cutH7787
HRdHNcfsaand with sharp toolsH2757
HTdHNcmsaand with the axes.H4050
HNcfpcof the childrenH1121
And it came to passH1961
HDthat there aroseH5975
HNpof the childrenH3211
HRHNcmpcof the giant.H7497
HTdHNpAnd they were humbled.H3665
And there wasH1961
HCHNcmscwaslike a weaver'sH707
HRHNpand a manH376
HCHVqw3msthere, and his fingers and toesH676
HAcfsaon each handand sixH8337
HCHAcfsaon each foot. And heH1931
HCHTawas the sonH3205
HVNp3msof the giant.H7497
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved