1. Now it came to pass, that after the year had ended, at the time kings go forth, Joab led out the power of the army and wasted the country of the children of Ammon. And he came and besieged Rabbah. But David stayed at Jerusalem. And Joab struck Rabbah and destroyed it.
2. And David took the crown of their king from off his head and found it to weigh a talent of gold. And precious stones were in it. And it was set upon David’s head, and he also brought exceedingly much spoil out of the city.
3. And he brought out the people who were in it. And they cut with saws and with sharp tools of iron, and with the axes. And thus David did with the cities of the children of Ammon. And David and all the people returned to Jerusalem.
4. And it came to pass after this, that there arose war at Gezer with the Philistines. Then Sibbechai the Hushathite killed Sippai of the children of the giant.And they were humbled.
5. And there was war again with the Philistines. And Elhanan the son of Jair killed Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.
6. And again there was a battle in Gath, and a man of stature was there, and his fingers and toes were twenty-four, six on each hand and six on each foot. And he also was the son of the giant.
7. But he cursed Israel, and Jonathan the son of Shimea, David’s brother, killed him.
8. These were born to the giant in Gath. And they fell by the hand of David and by the hand of his servants.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved