1. Concerning the divisions of the gatekeepers. Of the Korahites: Meshelemiah the son of Kore, of the sons of Asaph.
2. And the sons of Meshelemiah: Zechariah the firstborn, Jediael the second, Zebadiah the third, Jathniel the fourth,
3. Elam the fifth, Jehohanan the sixth, Eliehoenai the seventh.
4. And the sons of Obed-Edom: Shemaiah the firstborn, Jehozabad the second, Joah the third, and Sacar the fourth, and Nethaneel the fifth,
5. Ammiel the sixth, Issachar the seventh, Peulthai the eighth—for God blessed him.
6. Also sons were born to his son Shemaiah who ruled for the house of their father, for they were mighty men of valor.
7. The sons of Shemaiah: Othni, and Rephael, and Obed, Elzabad, whose brethren were strong men, Elihu, and Semachiah.
8. All these were the sons of Obed- Edom. They and their sons and their brethren were able men with strength for the service, and there were sixty-two of Obed-Edom.
9. And Meshelemiah had sons and brethren, strong men, eighteen in all.
10. Also to Hosah, of the sons of Merari, were sons: Shimri was the chief (though not the firstborn, yet his father made him the chief),
11. Hilkiah the second, Tebaliah the third, Zechariah the fourth. All the sons and brethren of Hosah were thirteen.
12. Among these were the divisions of the gatekeepers, among the chief men, having charges like their brethren to minister in the house of the LORD.
13. And they cast lots, the small as well as the great, according to the house of their fathers for every gate.
14. And the lot eastward fell to Shelemiah; then Zechariah his son, a wise counselor—they cast lots for him. And his lot came out northward.
15. To Obed-Edom southward; and to his sons the storehouse;
16. To Shuppim and Hosah westward, with the gate of Shallecheth by the highway going up, ward against ward.
17. Eastward were six Levites, northward four a day, southward four a day, and toward the storehouse, two and two.
18. At the Parbar, westward, four at the causeway, two at the Parbar.
19. These are the divisions of the gatekeepers among the sons of Korah and among the sons of Merari.
20. And of the Levites, Ahijah was over the treasures of the house of God and over the treasures of the dedicated things.
21. The sons of Laadan, sons of the Gershonites; chief fathers of Laadan the ershonite were Jehieli;
22. The sons of Jehieli: Zetham and Joel his brother who were over the treasures of the house of the LORD,
23. For the Amramites, the Izharites, the Hebronites, and the Uzzielites.
24. And Shebuel the son of Gershom, the son of Moses, was ruler of the treasures.
25. And his brethren by Eliezer: Rehabiah his son, and Jeshaiah his son, and Joram his son, and Zichri his son, and Shelomith his son.
26. This Shelomith and his brethren were over all the treasures of the dedicated things which David the king and the chief fathers, the commanders over thousands and hundreds, and the commanders of the army, had dedicated.
27. They dedicated part of the spoils won in battles to maintain the house of the LORD,
28. And all that Samuel the seer, and Saul the son of Kish, and Abner the son of Ner, and Joab the son of Zeruiah had dedicated. Whoever had dedicated anything, it was at the hand of Shelomith and of his brethren.
29. Of the Izharites, Chenaniah and his sons were for the outward business over Israel, for officers and judges.
30. Of the men of Hebron, Hashabiah and his brethren, men of valor, a thousand and seven hundred, were officers among them of Israel on this side of the Jordan westward in all the business of the LORD and in the service of the king.
31. Jerijah was the chief among the men of Hebron. He was of the Hebronites, according to the generations of his fathers. In the fortieth year of the reign of David they were sought for, and there were found among them mighty men of valor at Jazer of Gilead.
32. And his brethren, mighty men, were two thousand and seven hundred chief fathers whom King David made rulers over the men of Reuben, of Gad, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, for every matter pertaining to God and the affairs of the king.
And the sonsH1121
And the sonsH1121
HVNp3msto his sonH1121
HRHNcmscof their father,H1
HPp3mpand their sonsH1121
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpand their brethrenH251
HRdHNcmsafor the service,H5656
HRHNcfsaand there were sixty-twoH8346
Also to Hosah,H2621
HNcmsayet his fatherH1
HNcfpcof the gatekeepers,H7778
HTdHNcmpaamong the chiefH7218
HRHVpcin the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof the LORD.H3068
And they castH5307
HRdHAamsaas well as the great,H1419
HRdHAamsaaccording to the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof their fathersH1
And the lotH1486
HNcmpafor him. And his lotH1486
HNpby the highwayH4546
HRdHNcmsaand toward the storehouse,H624
And of the Levites,H3881
HNcmpcof the houseH1004
HTdHNcmpaand over the treasuresH214
HCHRHNcmpcof the dedicated things.H6944
And his brethrenH251
HNpand his brethrenH251
HNcmpcof the dedicated thingsH6944
HTdHNcmsaand the chiefH7218
HCHTdHAcbpaand the commandersH8269
HCHNcmpcof the army,H6635
HTdHVhrmsaanything, it wasatH5921
HNpand of his brethren.H251
Of the Izharites,H3325
HNpand his sonsH1121
HCHNcmpcHSp3mswerefor the outwardH2435
Of the men of Hebron,H2276
HNpand his brethren,H251
HRthem of IsraelH3478
HNpon this sideH5676
HRHNcmsaof the JordanH3383
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HNpand in the serviceH5656
HCHRHNcfscof the king.H4428
HTdHNcmsaamong the men of Hebron.H2276
HRdHNgmsaHe was of the Hebronites,H2276
HRdHNgmsaaccording to the generationsH8435
HRHNcfpcHSp3msof his fathers.H1
HRHNcmpaIn the fortiethH705
HRHNcfscof the reignH4438
HNpthey were sought for,H1875
HVNp3cpand there were foundH4672
And his brethren,H251
HRthe men of Reuben,H7206
HCHTdHNgmsaand the half-tribeH2677
HNcmscpertaining to GodH430
HTdHNcmpaand the affairsH1697
HCHNcmscof the king.H4428
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved