1. Concerning the divisions of the gatekeepers. Of the Korahites: Meshelemiah the son of Kore, of the sons of Asaph.
2. And the sons of Meshelemiah: Zechariah the firstborn, Jediael the second, Zebadiah the third, Jathniel the fourth,
3. Elam the fifth, Jehohanan the sixth, Eliehoenai the seventh.
4. And the sons of Obed-Edom: Shemaiah the firstborn, Jehozabad the second, Joah the third, and Sacar the fourth, and Nethaneel the fifth,
5. Ammiel the sixth, Issachar the seventh, Peulthai the eighth—for God blessed him.
6. Also sons were born to his son Shemaiah who ruled for the house of their father, for they were mighty men of valor.
7. The sons of Shemaiah: Othni, and Rephael, and Obed, Elzabad, whose brethren were strong men, Elihu, and Semachiah.
8. All these were the sons of Obed- Edom. They and their sons and their brethren were able men with strength for the service, and there were sixty-two of Obed-Edom.
9. And Meshelemiah had sons and brethren, strong men, eighteen in all.
10. Also to Hosah, of the sons of Merari, were sons: Shimri was the chief (though not the firstborn, yet his father made him the chief),
11. Hilkiah the second, Tebaliah the third, Zechariah the fourth. All the sons and brethren of Hosah were thirteen.
12. Among these were the divisions of the gatekeepers, among the chief men, having charges like their brethren to minister in the house of the LORD.
13. And they cast lots, the small as well as the great, according to the house of their fathers for every gate.
14. And the lot eastward fell to Shelemiah; then Zechariah his son, a wise counselor—they cast lots for him. And his lot came out northward.
15. To Obed-Edom southward; and to his sons the storehouse;
16. To Shuppim and Hosah westward, with the gate of Shallecheth by the highway going up, ward against ward.
17. Eastward were six Levites, northward four a day, southward four a day, and toward the storehouse, two and two.
18. At the Parbar, westward, four at the causeway, two at the Parbar.
19. These are the divisions of the gatekeepers among the sons of Korah and among the sons of Merari.
20. And of the Levites, Ahijah was over the treasures of the house of God and over the treasures of the dedicated things.
21. The sons of Laadan, sons of the Gershonites; chief fathers of Laadan the ershonite were Jehieli;
22. The sons of Jehieli: Zetham and Joel his brother who were over the treasures of the house of the LORD,
23. For the Amramites, the Izharites, the Hebronites, and the Uzzielites.
24. And Shebuel the son of Gershom, the son of Moses, was ruler of the treasures.
25. And his brethren by Eliezer: Rehabiah his son, and Jeshaiah his son, and Joram his son, and Zichri his son, and Shelomith his son.
26. This Shelomith and his brethren were over all the treasures of the dedicated things which David the king and the chief fathers, the commanders over thousands and hundreds, and the commanders of the army, had dedicated.
27. They dedicated part of the spoils won in battles to maintain the house of the LORD,
28. And all that Samuel the seer, and Saul the son of Kish, and Abner the son of Ner, and Joab the son of Zeruiah had dedicated. Whoever had dedicated anything, it was at the hand of Shelomith and of his brethren.
29. Of the Izharites, Chenaniah and his sons were for the outward business over Israel, for officers and judges.
30. Of the men of Hebron, Hashabiah and his brethren, men of valor, a thousand and seven hundred, were officers among them of Israel on this side of the Jordan westward in all the business of the LORD and in the service of the king.
31. Jerijah was the chief among the men of Hebron. He was of the Hebronites, according to the generations of his fathers. In the fortieth year of the reign of David they were sought for, and there were found among them mighty men of valor at Jazer of Gilead.
32. And his brethren, mighty men, were two thousand and seven hundred chief fathers whom King David made rulers over the men of Reuben, of Gad, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, for every matter pertaining to God and the affairs of the king.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved