1. Then David gathered to Jerusalem all the princes of Israel, the princes of the tribes, and the commanders of the divisions that ministered to the king by division, and the commanders over the thousands, and commanders over the hundreds, and the stewards over all the property and livestock of the king, and of his sons, with the officers and the mighty ones, with all the valiant men.
2. And David the king stood up on his feet and said, “Hear me, my brethren and my people. I had in my heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and for the footstool of our God, and had made preparations for the building.
3. But God said to me, ‘You shall not build a house for My name, because you have been a man of war and have shed blood.’
4. However, the LORD God of Israel chose me before all the house of my father to be king over Israel forever. For He has chosen Judah to be the ruler, and of the house of Judah the house of my father. And among the sons of my father’s house He was pleased to make me king over all Israel.
5. And of all my sons (for the LORD has given me many sons), He has chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.
6. And He said to me, ‘Solomon your son shall build My house and My courts, for I have chosen him to be My son, and I will be his Father.
7. And I will establish his kingdom forever if he continues resolute in keeping My commandments and My ordinances, as he is today.’
8. And now in the sight of all Israel, the congregation of the LORD, and in the hearing of our God, keep and seek for all the commandments of the LORD your God, so that you may possess this good land and leave it for an inheritance for your children after you forever.
9. And you, Solomon my son, acknowledge the God of your father and serve Him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches all hearts and understands all the imaginations of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you. But if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.
10. Take heed now, for the LORD has chosen you to build a house for the sanctuary. Be strong and do it.”
11. Then David gave to his son Solomon the plan of the porch, and of its houses, and of its treasuries, and of its upper rooms, and of its innermost rooms, and of the place of the mercy seat,
12. And the plans of all that he had by the spirit, of the courts of the house of the LORD, and of all the rooms all around the treasuries of the house of God, and of the treasuries of the holy things;
13. And for the courses of the priests and the Levites, and for all the work of the service of the house of the LORD, and for all the vessels of service in the house of the LORD;
14. Even gold by weight for things of gold, for all instruments of every kind of service; silver for all the vessels of silver by weight, for all vessels of every kind of service;
15. And by weight for the lampstands of gold, and for their lamps of gold, with the weight of each lampstand and its lamps. And he gave for the lampstands of silver by weight, for the lampstand and for its lamps, according to the use of each lampstand;
16. And by weight he gave gold for the tables of the showbread for every table; and likewise silver for the tables of silver;
17. And pure gold for the fleshhooks, and the bowls, and the cups; and for the golden basins he gave gold by weight for each basin, and silver by weight for each basin of silver;
18. And he gave for the altar of incense refined gold by weight, and gold for the pattern of the chariot of the cherubim, who spread out their wings, and covered the ark of the covenant of the LORD.
19. “All this,” said David, “was in writing from the hand of the LORD. He made me understand all the details of these plans.”
20. And David said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and of good courage, and do it. Do not fear, nor be dismayed, for the LORD God, even my God, will be with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.
21. And, behold, the courses of the priests and the Levites are for all the service of the house of God. And there shall be with you every willing, skillful man for every kind of workmanship, for any kind of service. Also the rulers and all the people will be completely at your command.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved