1. Therefore, having put away all wickedness, and all deceit, and hypocrisies and jealousies, and all slanders,
2. As newborn babes, yearn after the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow,
3. If you yourselves have indeed tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4. To Whom coming, as to a living Stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God, and precious,
5. You also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house—a holy priesthood—to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6. For this reason it says in the scripture, “Behold, I place in Zion the Cornerstone, chosen and precious; and the one who believes in Him shall never be put to shame.”
7. The preciousness is to you, therefore, who believe; but to those who disobey, the Stone that the builders rejected has become the Head of the corner,
8. And a Stone of stumbling and a Rock of offense; especially to those who stumble at the Word, being disobedient, unto which unbelief they also were appointed.
9. But you are a chosen stock, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for a possession of God, that you might proclaim His excellent virtues, Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10. Who once were not a people, but now are the people of God; who had not received mercy, but now have received mercy.
11. Beloved, I exhort you, as strangers and sojourners, to restrain yourselves from fleshly lusts which war against the soul;
12. Having your way of life honest among the Gentiles so that although they speak against you as evil doers, through having witnessed your good works, they may glorify God in the day of visitation.
13. Therefore, submit yourselves to every human institution for the Lord’s sake; whether to the king, as supreme,
14. Or to governors, as sent by him to execute vengeance against evil doers, and to praise those who do well.
15. For so is the will of God, that by doing well yourselves, you may put to silence the ignorance of senseless men;
16. As free, and not using your freedom as a cover for evil, but as bondslaves of God.
17. Show honor to everyone. Love the brotherhood, revere God and honor the king.
18. Servants, submit yourselves to your masters with all fear—not only to the good and gentle ones, but also to the harsh and unjust ones;
19. Because this is acceptable: if, for the sake of conscience toward God, anyone endures sorrows, suffering unjustly.
20. For what commendation is there if, disobeying and being beaten, you endure it? But if while doing good you endure suffering, this is acceptable with God;
22. Who committed no sin; neither was guile found in His mouth;
23. Who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when suffering, He threatened not, but committed Himself to Him Who judges righteously;
24. Who Himself bore our sins within His own body on the tree, so that we, being dead to sins, may live unto righteousness; by Whose stripes you were healed.
25. For you were as sheep going astray, but you have now returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.
CONJhaving put awayG659
V-PNP-NPMas to a livingG2198
N-NPMare being built upG3618
V-PPI-2Pas a spiritualG4152
N-ASNto offer upG399
CONJthe one whoG3588
PRT-Nbe put to shame."G2617
N-NSFis to you,G5213
CONJto those who disobey,G544
N-ASFof the corner,G1137
V-PAI-3Pat the Word,G3056
P-2NPare a chosenG1588
N-ASFof God, thatG3704
CONJyou might proclaimG1804
ADVare the peopleG2992
ADVhave received mercy.G1653
A-APMto restrain yourselves fromG567
T-ASFway of lifeG391
R-DSNthey speak againstG2635
N-GPNthey may glorifyG1392
CONJto the king,G935
N-ASMthose who do well.G17
N-GSMthat by doing wellG15
V-PAP-APMyourselves, you may put to silenceG5392
T-DPMharsh and unjust ones;G4646
ADVfor the sake ofG1223
V-PPP-NPMyou endure it?G5278
D-ASNyou were calledG2564
CONJyou should followG1872
R-NSMwhen He was reviled,G3058
PRT-Nrevile in return;G486
V-IAI-3SHimselfto Him WhoG3588
CONJwe, being deadG581
N-DSMyou were healed.G2390
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved