1. And Samuel said to all Israel, “Behold, I have listened to your voice in all that you said to me, and have made a king over you.
2. And now, behold, the king walks before you. And I am old and grayheaded, and, behold, my sons are with you. And I have walked before you from my childhood unto this day.
3. Behold, here I am. Witness against me before the LORD and before His anointed. Whose ox have I taken? Or whose donkey have I taken? Or whom have I defrauded? Whom have I oppressed? Or from whose hand have I received a bribe to blind my eyes with it? And I will restore it to you.”
4. And they said, “You have not defrauded us nor oppressed us, neither have you taken from any man’s hand.”
5. And he said to them, “The LORD is witness against you, and His anointed is witness this day, that you have not found anything in my hand.” And they answered, “He is witness.”
6. And Samuel said to the people, “It is the LORD Who appointed Moses and Aaron, and Who brought your fathers up out of the land of Egypt.
7. And now stand still, so that I may plead with you before the LORD concerning all the righteous acts of the LORD which He did to you and to your fathers.
8. When Jacob had come into Egypt, and your fathers cried to the LORD, then the LORD sent Moses and Aaron, who brought your fathers out of Egypt and made them live in this place.
9. And they forgot the LORD their God. And He sold them into the hand of Sisera, captain of the army of Hazor, and into the hand of the Philistines, and into the hand of the king of Moab, and they fought against them.
10. And they cried to the LORD, and said, ‘We have sinned because we have forsaken the LORD, and have served the Baalim and Ashtoreths. But now deliver us out of the hand of our enemies, and we will serve You.’
11. And the LORD sent Jerubbaal, and Bedan, and Jephthah, and Samuel, and delivered you out of the hand of your enemies on every side, and you lived safely.
12. And when you saw that Nahash the king of the sons of Ammon came against you, you said to me, ‘No, but a king shall reign over us,’ even though the LORD your God was your King.
13. And now, behold the king whom you have chosen, whom you have desired! And behold, the LORD has set a king over you!
14. If you will fear the LORD, and serve Him, and listen to His voice, and not rebel against the commandments of the LORD, then both you and also the king who reigns over you shall continue following the LORD your God.
15. But if you will not hearken to the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the command of the LORD, then the hand of the LORD shall be against you as it was against your fathers.
16. Also, now stand and see this great thing which the LORD shall do before your eyes.
17. Is it not the wheat harvest today? I will call to the LORD, and He shall send thunder and rain, so that you may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, that which you have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking a king for you.”
18. And Samuel called to the LORD, and the LORD sent thunder and rain that day. And all the people greatly feared the LORD and Samuel.
19. And all the people said to Samuel, “Pray for your servants to the LORD your God so that we will not die, for we have added evil to all our sins to ask a king for us.”
20. And Samuel said to the people, “Do not fear. You have done all this wickedness. Yet do not turn aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart.
21. And do not turn aside to go after vanities which cannot profit nor deliver, for they are vain,
22. Then the LORD will not forsake His people for His great name’s sake because it has pleased the LORD to make you His people.
23. Also, I, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD from ceasing to pray for you. But I will teach you the good and the right way.
24. Only fear the LORD, and serve Him in truth with all your heart, for consider what great things He has done for you.
25. But if you shall still do wickedly, both you and your king will be swept away.”
HTmI have listenedH8085
HVqp1csto your voiceH6963
HRHSp1csand have madeH4427
HRHNcbpcHSp2mpfrom my childhoodH5271
Behold, here IH2005
HNcmschave I taken?H3947
HCHNcbschave I taken?H3947
HTihave I defrauded?H6231
HTihave I oppressed?H7533
HVqp1csOr from whoseH4310
HCHRHNcbschave I receivedH3947
HRHSp3msAnd I will restoreH7725
HCHVhi1csit to you."Hl
And they said,H559
HCHVqw3mp"You have notH3808
HCHTnhave you takenH3947
And he saidH559
HRHSp2mpand His anointedH4899
HCyou have notH3808
HNcfsain my hand."H3027
HRHNcbscHSp1csAnd they answered,H559
HCHVqw3ms"He is witness."H5707
HTdHNcmsa"It is the LORDH3068
HToyour fathers upH1
HNcmpcHSp2mpout of the landH776
HVtv2mpso that I may pleadH8199
HNcmscthe righteous actsH6666
HNcfpcof the LORDH3068
HNpand your fathersH1
HNpthen the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp2mpout of EgyptH4714
HRHNpand made them liveH3427
And they forgotH7911
HNcmpcHSp3mpAnd He soldH4376
HToHSp3mpinto the handH3027
HNcmscof the armyH6635
HNpand into the handH3027
HCHRHNcbscof the Philistines,H6430
HNgmpaand into the handH3027
HCHRHNcbscof the kingH4428
HNpand they foughtH3898
And they criedH2199
HCHVqw3mp'We have sinnedH2398
HCwe have forsakenH5800
HNpand have servedH5647
HVhv2msHSp1cpout of the handH3027
HRHNcbscof our enemies,H341
HVqrmpcHSp1cpand we will serve You.'H5647
And the LORDH3068
HToHSp2mpout of the handH3027
HRHNcbscof your enemiesH341
HVqrmpcHSp2mpon every side,H5439
HRHNcbsaand you livedH3427
And when you sawH7200
HNcmscof the sonsH1121
HCbut a kingH4428
HRHSp1cpeven though the LORDH3068
HTryou have chosen,H977
HTryou have desired!H7592
HCyou will fearH3372
HCHVqq2mpto His voice,H6963
HToagainst the commandmentsH6310
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HRHSp2mpshall continue followingH310
HCHCyou will notH3808
HVqi2mpto the voiceH6963
HRHNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HToagainst the commandH6310
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpthen the handH3027
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
HRHSp2mpas it was against your fathers.H1
HVqrmsabefore your eyes.H5869
HTdHNcmsaI will callH7121
HNpand He shall sendH5414
HCHNcmsaso that you may perceiveH3045
HTryou have doneH6213
HVqp2mpin the sightH5869
HRHNcbdcof the LORD,H3068
HNpand the LORDH3068
HVtv2msfor your servantsH5650
HRwe will notH408
HCwe have addedH3254
And do notH3808
HNcmscHSp3msfor His greatH1419
HCit has pleasedH2974
HPp1csfar be itH2486
HRHSp1csthat I should sinH2398
HRHVqcagainst the LORDH3068
HRHSp2mpBut I will teachH3384
HTdHAafsaand the rightH3477
HTrgreat things He has doneH1431
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved