1. And Saul spoke to Jonathan his son, and to all his servants, that they should kill David.
2. But Jonathan, Saul’s son, loved David very much. And Jonathan told David, saying, “My father Saul seeks to kill you. And now therefore, I beg you to be careful until morning, and stay in a secret place, and hide yourself.
3. And I will go out and stand beside my father in the field where you are, and I will talk about you with my father. And I will tell you what I see.”
4. And Jonathan spoke good of David to Saul his father, and said to him, “Do not let the king sin against his servant, against David, because he has not sinned against you, and because his works are very good toward you;
5. For he took his life in his hand and killed the Philistine, and the LORD worked out a great salvation for all Israel. You saw and rejoiced! Why then will you sin against innocent blood, to kill David without a cause?”
6. And Saul listened to the voice of Jonathan. And Saul swore, “As the LORD lives, he shall not die.”
7. And Jonathan called David, and Jonathan showed him all those things. And Jonathan brought David to Saul, and he was in his presence as in times past.
8. And there was war again. And David went out and fought with the Philistines, and killed them with a great slaughter. And they fled from him.
9. And the evil spirit from the LORD was upon Saul as he sat in his house with his spear in his hand. And David played music with his hand.
10. And Saul thought to strike David even to the wall with the spear, but he burst forth from Saul’s presence, so that he struck the spear into the wall. And David fled and escaped that night.
11. Saul also sent messengers to David’s house to watch him and to kill him in the morning. And David’s wife Michal told him saying, “If you do not save your life tonight, tomorrow you shall be killed.”
12. And Michal let David down through a window. And he left and hurried away, and escaped.
13. And Michal took an image and laid it in the bed, and put a pillow of goats’ hair at its head, and covered it with a cloth.
14. And when Saul sent messengers to take David, she said, “He is sick.”
15. And Saul sent the messengers to see David, saying, “Bring him up to me in the bed so that I may kill him.”
16. And the messengers came in, and behold, the image was in the bed with a pillow of goats’ hair for his head.
17. And Saul said to Michal, “Why have you deceived me so, and sent away my enemy so that he has escaped?” And Michal answered Saul, “He said to me, ‘Let me go; why should I kill you?’ ”
18. And David fled, and escaped, and came to Samuel, to Ramah, and told him all that Saul had done to him. And he and Samuel went and lived in Naioth.
20. And Saul sent messengers to take David. And when they saw the company of the prophets prophesying, and Samuel standing as appointed over them, the Spirit of God came upon the messengers of Saul, and they also prophesied.
21. And they told Saul, and he sent other messengers, and they also prophesied. And Saul sent messengers the third time, and they prophesied also.
22. And he also went to Ramah, and came to a great well in Sechu. And he asked and said, “Where are Samuel and David?” And one said, “Behold, at Naioth in Ramah.”
23. And he went there to Naioth in Ramah. And the Spirit of God was upon him also, and going on he went and prophesied, until he came to Naioth in Ramah.
24. And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel, even he. And he lay down disrobed all that day and all that night. Because of this they say, “Is Saul also among the prophets?”
HVprmsato kill you.H4191
HCHDtherefore, I begH4994
HTeyou to be carefulH8104
HCHVqq2msin a secretH5643
HRdHNcmsaplace, and hideH2244
HCHPp1cswill go outH3318
HNcmscHSp1csin the fieldH7704
HPp2msare, and IH589
HNcmscHSp1csAnd I willH7200
HTnlet the kingH4428
HVqj3msagainst his servant,H5650
HChe has notH3808
For he tookH7760
HNcbscHSp3msin his handH3709
HTdHNgmsaand the LORDH3068
HCHRHTithen will you sinH2398
HNpwithout a cause?"H2600
HNpand he wasH1961
HCHVqw3msin his presenceH6440
HRHNcbpcHSp3msas in times past.H8032
And there wasH1961
HCHVNw3mswith the Philistines,H6430
HRHSp3mpwith a greatH1419
HNcfsaAnd they fledH5127
And the evilH7451
HNcbscfrom the LORDH3068
HVqrmsain his houseH1004
HRHNcmscHSp3mswith his spearH2595
HCHNcfscHSp3msin his hand.H3027
HVprmsamusic with his hand.H3027
HRHNpeven to the wallH7023
HCHRdHNcmsawith the spear,H2595
HRdHNcfsabut he burst forthH6362
HRHNcbpcso that he struckH5221
HTdHNcfsainto the wall.H7023
HNcmscto watch himH8104
HRHVqcHSp3msand to kill himH4191
HCHRHVhcHSp3msin the morning.H1242
HCyou do notH369
HPp2msshall be killed."H4191
HTdHNcfpahairat its head,H4763
HCHVpw3fsit with a cloth.H899
HToHSp3msup to meH413
HRHSp1csin the bedH4296
HRdHNcfsaso that I may kill him."H4191
And the messengersH4397
HTdHNcfsawith a pillowH3523
HTdHNcfpahairfor his head.H4763
HRHTihave you deceived meH7411
HDand sent awayH7971
HVqrmscHSp1csso that he has escaped?"H4422
HRHSp1cs'Let me go;H7971
HRHTishould I kill you?'”H4191
HNpAnd when they sawH7200
HNcfscof the prophetsH5030
And they toldH5046
HRHNpand he sentH7971
HRdHNpAnd he askedH7592
HCHNpAnd one said,H559
And he wentH3212
HRdHNpAnd the SpiritH7307
HPp3msand going onH1980
HPp3msAnd he lay downH5307
HTiHDamong the prophets?"H5030
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved