1. And David said in his heart, “I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul. Nothing is better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines. And Saul shall despair of me, to seek me any more in any border of Israel, and so I shall escape out of his hand.”
2. And David arose and passed over, he and the six hundred men with him to Achish the son of Maoch, king of Gath.
3. And David lived with Achish of Gath, he and his men, each one with his household— David with his two wives, Ahinoam of Jezreel, and Abigail of Carmel, Nabal’s former wife.
4. And Saul was told that David had fled to Gath. And he never again looked for him.
5. And David said to Achish, “If I have now found grace in your eyes, let them give me a place in some town in the country so that I may live there, for why should your servant live in the royal city with you?”
6. And Achish gave him Ziklag that day. And Ziklag belongs to the kings of Judah to this day.
7. And the number of days that David lived in the field of the Philistines was a year and four months.
8. And David and his men went up and invaded the Geshurites, and the Gezrites, and the Amalekites, for they were the inhabitants of the land from the past days, as one comes into Shur, even into the land of Egypt.
9. And David struck the land, and did not keep alive man nor woman, and took away the sheep and the oxen and the donkeys and the camels and the clothing, and returned and came to Achish.
10. And Achish said, “Where have you made a raid today?” And David said, “Against the south of Judah, and against the south of the Jerahmeelites, and against the south of the Kenites.”
11. And David did not keep alive man or woman to bring news to Gath, saying, “Lest they should tell on us, saying, ‘So David did,’ ” and so has been his custom all the days he lived in the fields of the Philistines.
12. And Achish believed David, saying, “He has made himself to be hated among his people Israel, and has become my servant forever.”
HNcmscHSp3ms"I shall nowH6258
HNcmsaby the handH3027
HCI should speedilyH4422
HNcbscof the Philistines.H6430
HRHSp1csto seek meH1245
HDin any borderH1366
HNpand so I shall escapeH4422
HCHVNq1csout of his hand."H3027
HCHVqw3msand passed over,H5674
HPp3msand the sixH8337
HPp3msand his men,H376
HNcmsawith his household—H1004
HNpwith his twoH8147
HTehave now foundH4672
HNcmsain your eyes,H5869
HRHNcbdcHSp2mslet them giveH5414
HNcfpcin the countryH7704
HTdHNcmsaso that I may liveH3427
HCHRHTishould your servantH5650
HVqi3msin the royalH4467
And the numberH4557
HVqp3msin the fieldH7704
HRHNcmscof the PhilistinesH6430
HNpand his menH376
HTdHNgmsaand the Gezrites,H1511
HCHTdHNgmsaand the Amalekites,H6003
HVqrfpaof the landH776
HRHNcmsadays, as one comes intoH935
HTdHNcbsaand did notH3808
HCHNcfsaand took awayH3947
HNcbsaand the oxenH1241
HCHNcbsaand the donkeysH2543
HCHNcbpaand the camelsH1581
HCHNcmpaand the clothing,H899
HTnhave you made a raidH6584
HNcmscof the Jerahmeelites,H3397
HNcmscof the Kenites."H7017
HCthey should tellH5046
HVqp3ms" and soH3541
HCHDhas beenhis customH4941
HVqp3msin the fieldsH7704
HRHNcmscof the Philistines.H6430
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved