1. Accordingly, when we could not bear to wait any longer, we thought it best for us to be left in Athens alone;
2. And we sent our brother Timothy, a servant of God and our fellow worker in the gospel of Christ, in order to establish you and to encourage you concerning your faith,
3.So that no one might be unduly shaken by these persecutions. (For you yourselves know that we are appointed to this very thing;
4.And also, when we were with you, we told you beforehand that we would suffer persecutions, exactly as it also came to pass; and you are aware of this.)
5. For this reason, when I could not wait any longer, I sent Timothy, in order to know your faith, lest perhaps the tempter had tempted you, and our labor might be in vain.
6. But now, after Timothy came to us from you and told us the good news of your faith and your love, and that you always keep us in mind, and are longing to see us, even as we also long to see you;
7. Through this report about you we were encouraged, brethren, in all our persecution and trouble—because of your faith;
8. For now we live, if you stand firm in the Lord.
9. For what thanksgiving are we able to offer to God concerning you, for all the joy with which we rejoice before God because of you,
10. Praying day and night fervently that we might see you again, and might perfect the things that are lacking in your faith?
11. But may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way to you.
12. Now may the Lord make you to exceed and to abound in love toward one another and toward all, even as we also abound in love toward you,
13. That your hearts may be established blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved