2. Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,
4. Through which He has given to us the greatest and most precious promises, that through these you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5. And for this very reason also, having applied all diligence besides, add to your faith, virtue; and to virtue, knowledge;
6. And to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, endurance; and to endurance, godliness;
7. And to godliness, brotherly love; and to brotherly love, the love of God.
8. For if these things exist and abound in you, they will cause you to be neither lacking effort nor lacking fruit in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. But the one in whom these things are not present is spiritually blind—so shortsighted that he has forgotten that he was purified from his old sins.
10. For this reason, brethren, be even more diligent to make your calling and election sure; because if you are doing these things, you will never fall at any time.
11. For in this way, you will be richly granted an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
12. Therefore, I will not neglect to make you always mindful of these things, although you already know them and have been established in the present truth.
13. For I consider it my duty, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by causing you to remember these things;
14. Knowing that shortly the putting off of my tabernacle will come, even as our Lord Jesus Christ has signified to me.
15. But I will make every effort that, after my departure, you may always have a written remembrance of these things in order to practice them for yourselves,
17. Because He received glory and honor from God the Father when the voice came to Him from the Majestic Glory, “This is My Son, the Beloved, in Whom I am well pleased.”
18. And this is the voice from heaven that we heard when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved