1. Then Solomon the son of David was made strong in his kingdom, and the LORD his God was with him and magnified him exceedingly.
2. And Solomon spoke to all Israel, to the commanders of thousands and of hundreds, and to the judges, and to every governor in all Israel, the chief of the fathers.
3. And Solomon and all the congregation with him went to the high place at Gibeon, for there was the tabernacle of the congregation of God, which Moses the servant of the LORD had made in the wilderness.
4. Now the ark of God David had brought up from Kirjath-Jearim to the place which David had prepared for it, for he had pitched a tent for it at Jerusalem.
5. And he put the bronze altar which Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, had made before the tabernacle of the LORD. And Solomon and the congregation of the LORD sought to it.
6. And Solomon went up there to the bronze altar before the LORD, which was at the tabernacle of the congregation, and offered a thousand burnt offerings upon it.
7. In that night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, “Ask what I shall give you.”
8. And Solomon said to God, “You have shown great mercy to David my father and have made me to reign in his stead.
9. Now, O LORD God, let Your promise to David my father be established, for You have made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
10. Now grant me wisdom and knowledge that I may go out and come in before this people. For who can judge this Your people that is so great?”
11. And God said to Solomon, “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches, wealth, nor honor, nor the life of your enemies, nor yet have asked for long life, but have asked for wisdom and knowledge for yourself that you may judge My people, over whom I have made you king,
12. Wisdom and knowledge are granted to you. And I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings have had that have been before you; neither shall any after you have the like.”
13. And Solomon came from the high place that was at Gibeon, from before the tabernacle of the congregation, to Jerusalem and reigned over Israel.
14. And Solomon gathered chariots and horsemen. And he had a thousand and four hundred chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen which he placed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
15. And the king made silver and gold at Jerusalem like stones, and he made cedar trees as plentiful as the sycamore trees in the valley.
16. And Solomon had horses imported from Egypt and Kue. The king’s merchants received them from Kue at a price.
17. And they imported, and brought out of Egypt a chariot for six hundred shekels of silver, and a horse for a hundred and fifty. And so they imported horses through them for all the kings of the Hittites and exported to the kings of Syria.
HNpwas made strongH2388
HNcfscHSp3msand the LORDH3068
HRHSp3msand magnified himH1431
HNpto the commandersH8269
HTdHAcbpaand of hundreds,H3967
HCHTdHAcbpaand to the judges,H8199
HCHRdHVqrmpaand to everyH3605
HNcmpcof the fathers.H1
HCHVqw3mpto the high placeH1116
HNcmscof the congregationH4150
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVqp3msin the wilderness.H4057
HNphad brought upH5927
HRHNpto the place which DavidH1732
HChe had pitchedH5186
And he putH7760
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HNpand the congregationH6951
HCHTdHNcmsaof the LORD sought to it.H1875
HTrwasat the tabernacleH168
HRHNcmscof the congregation,H4150
HNcmscHSp1csand have made me to reignH4427
HCHVhp2msHSp1csin his stead.H8478
HNcmpalet Your promiseH1697
HPp2mshave made me kingH4427
HNcmsalike the dustH6083
HRHNcmscof the earthH776
HCHNcmsathat I may go outH3318
HCHVqh1csand come inH935
HNcmscHSp2msthat is sogreat?"H1419
HNcmscHSp2msand you have notH3808
HNcbscof your enemies,H8130
HNcmpabut have askedH7592
HTryou may judgeH8199
HTrI have made you king,H4427
HRHSp2fsAnd I will giveH5414
HTnof the kingsH4428
HRdHNcmpahave had thatH834
HTnshall any after youH310
HCHVqw3msfromthe high placeH1116
HTrwas at Gibeon,H1391
HNcmscof the congregation,H4150
HCHNcmpaAnd he hadH1961
HNcmpawhich he placedH3240
HCHVhw3msHSp3mpin the chariotH7393
And the kingH4428
HTrthe sycamore treesH8256
HRdHNcfpain the valley.H8219
HRHNpat a price.H4242
And they imported,H5927
HCHVhw3mpand brought outH3318
HNcmsaand a horseH5483
HCHNcmsafor a hundredH3967
HCHTmthey imported horses through themH3027
HNcmpcof the HittitesH2850
HVhi3mpto the kingsH4428
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved