1. And Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers and was buried with his fathers in the city of David. And Jehoram his son reigned in his place.
2. And he had brothers, the sons of Jehoshaphat, Azariah, and Jehiel, and Zechariah, and Azaryahu, and Michael, and Shephatiah. All these were the sons of Jehoshaphat king of Israel.
3. And their father gave them great gifts of silver and of gold and of precious things, along with fortified cities in Judah. But the kingdom he gave to Jehoram because he was the firstborn.
4. And when Jehoram had risen up to the kingdom of his father, he made himself strong and killed all his brothers with the sword and also many of the princes of Israel.
5. Jehoram was thirty-two years old when he began to reign. And he reigned eight years in Jerusalem.
6. And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, like the house of Ahab, for he had the daughter of Ahab for a wife. And he did that which was evil in the eyes of the LORD.
7. Nevertheless, the LORD was not willing to destroy the house of David because of the covenant that He had made with David, as He promised to give a light to him and to his sons forever.
8. In his days Edom revolted from under the rule of Judah and made themselves a king.
9. And Jehoram went forth with his princes and all his chariots with him. And he rose up by night and struck the Edomites who surrounded him and the commanders of the chariots.
10. And the Edomites have been in revolt against the hand of Judah to this day. At the same time Libnah revolted from under his hand because he had forsaken the LORD God of his fathers.
11. Moreover, he made high places in the mountains of Judah, and caused the people of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and led Judah astray.
12. And a letter came to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, “Thus says the LORD God of David your father, ‘Because you have not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat your father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah,
13. But have walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and have made Judah and the people of Jerusalem to go awhoring like the whoredoms of the house of Ahab, and also you have killed your brothers of your father’s house (who were better than you),
14. Behold, the LORD will strike your people with a great plague, and your sons, and your wives, and all your goods.
15. And you shall have great sickness by disease in your bowels until your bowels fall out because of the sickness day by day.”
16. And the LORD stirred up the spirit of the Philistines against Jehoram and of the Arabians who were near the Ethiopians.
17. And they came up into Judah and broke into it, and carried away all the goods that were found in the king’s house, and his sons also, and his wives so that there was not a son left with him except Ahaziah, the youngest of his sons.
18. And after this the LORD struck him in his bowels with a disease that could not be cured.
19. And it came to pass, that in the process of time, at the end of two years, his bowels fell out because of his sickness. And he died of painful diseases. And his people made no burning for him like the burning of his fathers.
20. He was thirty-two years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years and departed without being desired. Nevertheless, they buried him in the city of David, but not in the tombs of the kings.
HNcmpcHSp3msand was buriedH6912
HNcmpcHSp3msin the cityH5892
HCHVqw3msin his place.H8478
And their fatherH1
HRHNcmsaand of goldH2091
HCHRHNcmsaand of precious things,H4030
And when JehoramH3088
HNphad risen upH6965
HNcfscof his father,H1
HNcmscHSp3mshe made himself strongH2388
HNcmpcHSp3mswith the swordH2719
HCHTamanyof the princesH8269
HNcmscwhen he began to reign.H4427
HRHVqcHSp3msAnd he reignedH4427
And he walkedH3212
HCHVqw3msin the wayH1870
HRHNcbscof the kingsH4428
HRHSp3mshad the daughterH1323
HNcfsaAnd he didH6213
HCHVqw3msthat which wasevilH7451
HTdHAamsain the eyesH5869
HRHNcbdcof the LORD.H3068
Nevertheless, the LORDH3068
HTrHe had madeH3772
HRHSp3msand to his sonsH1121
HCHVqw3mshe rose upH6965
HNcmpcof the chariots.H7393
And the EdomitesH123
HNphave been in revoltH6586
HTdHNcmsaAt the sameH1931
HChe had forsakenH5800
HNcmpcof his fathers.H1
HNcfpain the mountainsH2022
HToand caused the peopleH3427
HNpto commit fornication,H2181
HToand led JudahH3063
And a letterH4385
HTr'Because you have notH3808
HVqp2msin the waysH1870
HNcmscHSp2msnor in the waysH1870
But have walkedH3212
HCHVqw2msin the wayH1870
HRHNcbscof the kingsH4428
HToand have made JudahH3063
HNpto go awhoringH2181
HCHVhw2mslike the whoredomsH2181
HRHVhcof the houseH1004
HCHTayou have killedH2026
HNcmpcHSp2msof your father'sH1
HNcmsc(who were betterH2896
HRHNcmscHSp2mswith a greatH1419
HNcfsaand your sons,H1121
HCHRHNcmpcHSp2msand your wives,H802
HRHNcmscin your bowelsH4578
HRof the sicknessH2483
And the LORDH3068
HNcbscof the PhilistinesH6430
HNpand of the ArabiansH6163
And they came upH5927
HRHNpand broke into it,H1234
HCHVqw3mpHSp3fsand carried awayH7617
HTdHNcmsathat were foundH4672
HTdHVNrmsain the king'sH4428
HRHNcmscand his sonsH1121
HCHTaand his wivesH802
HCHNcfpcHSp3msso that there was notH3808
HAamscof his sons.H1121
And it came to pass,H1961
HCHVqw3msthat in the process of time,H3117
HCHRHNcbscat the endH7093
HNcmscHSp3msAnd he diedH4191
HRHNcmpaAnd his peopleH5971
HRHSp3mslike the burningH8316
HRHNcfscof his fathers.H1
HNcmscwhen he began to reign,H4427
HRHVqcHSp3msand he reignedH4427
HNcfsaNevertheless, they buried himH6912
HCHVqw3mpHSp3msin the cityH5892
HCHTnin the tombsH6913
HRHNcmpcof the kings.H4428
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved