1. And Josiah kept a Passover to the LORD in Jerusalem. And they killed the Passover on the fourteenth day of the first month.
2. And he set the priests in their charges and encouraged them in the service of the house of the LORD.
3. And he said to the Levites who taught all Israel, who were holy unto the LORD, “Put the holy ark in the house which Solomon the son of David, king of Israel, built. It shall not be a burden upon your shoulders. And serve the LORD your God and His people Israel,
4. And prepare yourselves by the houses of your fathers, according to your courses, according to the writing of David king of Israel, and according to the writing of Solomon his son.
5. And stand in the holy place according to the divisions of the families of the fathers of your brethren, the sons of the people, and after the division of the families of the Levites.
6. And kill the Passover, and sanctify yourselves, and prepare your brethren so that they may do according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.”
7. And Josiah gave to the people from the flock, lambs and kids, all for the Passover offerings, Refer to Deut. 16:1-8for all who were present, to the number of thirty thousand, and three thousand oxen. These were from what the king owned.
8. And his princes gave willingly to the people, to the priests, and to the Levites. Hilkiah and Zechariah and Jehiel, rulers of the house of God, gave to the priests for the Passover offerings two thousand six hundred sheep, and three hundred oxen.
9. And Conaniah, and Shemaiah and Nethaneel, his brothers, and Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, chiefs of the Levites, gave to the Levites for Passover offerings five thousand sheep and five hundred oxen.
10. So the service was prepared, and the priests stood in their place, and the Levites in their courses, according to the king’s commandment.
11. And they killed the Passover offerings, and the priests sprinkled the blood from their hands, and the Levites flayed them.
12. And they removed the burnt offerings so that they might give, according to the divisions of the families of the people, to offer to the LORD as it is written in the book of Moses; and so they did to the oxen.
13. And they boiled the Passover offerings over fire according to the law. And the holy offerings they boiled in pots, and in kettles, and in pans, and divided them speedily among all the people.
14. And afterward they made ready for themselves and for the priests, because the priests, the sons of Aaron, were busy offering up the burnt offerings and the fat until nightfall. And the Levites prepared for themselves and for the priests, the sons of Aaron.
15. And the singers, the sons of Asaph, were in their place, according to the command of David, and Asaph, and Heman, and Jeduthun, the king’s seer. And the gatekeepers were at every gate. It was not for them to depart from their service, for their brethren the Levites prepared for them.
16. So all the service of the LORD was prepared the same day, to keep the Passover and to offer burnt offerings upon the altar of the LORD, according to the commandment of King Josiah.
17. And the children of Israel who were present kept the Passover at that time and the Feast of Unleavened Bread for seven days.
18. And there was no Passover like that kept in Israel since the days of Samuel the prophet. Yea, none of the kings of Israel kept such a Passover as Josiah kept, and the priests and the Levites, and all Judah and Israel who were present, and the people of Jerusalem.
19. This Passover was kept in the eighteenth year of the reign of Josiah.
20. After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Carchemish by the Euphrates. And Josiah went out against him.
21. But he sent messengers to him, saying, “What have I to do with you, king of Judah? I do not come against you today, but against the house with which I have war, for God commanded me to make haste. You must cease from opposing God, Who is with me, so that He does not destroy you.”
22. Nevertheless, Josiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself so that he might fight with him. And he did not hearken to the words of Necho from the mouth of God and came to fight in the valley of Megiddo.
23. And the archers shot at King Josiah. And the king said to his servants, “Take me away, for I am grievously wounded.”
24. And his servants took him out of that chariot and put him in the second chariot that he had. And they brought him to Jerusalem, and he died and was buried in the tombs of his fathers. And all Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah.
25. And Jeremiah mourned for Josiah. And all the singing men and the singing women speak of Josiah in their lamentations, even to this day, and have made them an ordinance in Israel. And behold, they are written in the Lamentations.
26. Now the rest of the acts of Josiah, and his goodness, according to that which was written in the law of the LORD,
27. And his deeds, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of the Kings of Israel and Judah.
HNcmsato the LORDH3068
HRHNpAnd they killedH7819
HTdHNcmsaon the fourteenthH702
HAcmsadayof the firstH7223
And he saidH559
HCHVqw3msto the LevitesH3881
HNpwho were holyH6918
HTdHAampaunto the LORD,H3068
HNcbscin the houseH1004
And prepare yourselvesH3559
HCHVhv2mpby the housesH1004
HRHNcmscof your fathers,H1
HNcmpcHSp2mpaccording to your courses,H4256
HRHNcfpcHSp2mpaccording to the writingH3791
HNpand according to the writingH4385
HCHVqv2mpin the holy placeH6944
HRdHNcmsaaccording to the divisionsH6391
HRHNcfpcof the familiesH1004
HNcmscof the fathersH1
HTdHNcmpaof your brethren,H251
HNcmpcof the people,H5971
HTdHNcmsaand after the divisionH2515
HCHNcfscof the familiesH1
HNcmscof the Levites.H3881
HTdHNcmsaand sanctify yourselves,H6942
HRHNcmpcHSp2mpso that they may doH6213
HRHVqcaccording to the wordH1697
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNpby the handH3027
HCHVhw3msto the peopleH1121
HTdHNcmsafrom the flock,H6629
HTdHNcmsafor the Passover offerings,H6453
HRHNcmscwho were present,H4672
HTdHVNrmsato the numberH4557
HPdxcpwerefrom what the kingH4428
And his princesH8269
HRHNcfsato the people,H5971
HRdHNcmsato the priests,H3548
HRdHNcmpaand to the Levites.H3881
HNcmpcof the houseH1004
HVqp3cpto the priestsH3548
HRdHNcmpafor the Passover offeringsH6453
HAcbpasheep, and threeH7969
HNcmpcof the Levites,H3881
HVhp3cpto the LevitesH3881
HRdHNgmpafor Passover offeringsH6453
So the serviceH5656
HCHVNw3fsand the priestsH3548
HNcmscHSp3mpand the LevitesH3881
HNcfpcHSp3mpaccording to the king'sH4428
And they killedH7819
HCHVqw3mpthe Passover offerings,H6453
HTdHNcmsaand the priestsH3548
HCHVqw3mpthe bloodfrom their hands,H3027
HRHNcbscHSp3mpand the LevitesH3881
And they removedH5493
HCHVhw3mpthe burnt offeringsH5930
HTdHNcfsaso that they might give,H5414
HRHVqcHSp3mpaccording to the divisionsH4653
HRHNcfpaof the familiesH1
HRHNcmscof the people,H1121
HRHVhcto the LORDH3068
HRHNpas it is writtenH3789
HRdHVqsmsain the bookH5612
HCHTmthey did to the oxen.H1241
And they boiledH1310
HCHVpw3mpthe Passover offeringsH6453
HRdHNcbsaaccording to the law.H4941
HRdHNcmsaAnd the holy offeringsH6944
HRdHNcbpaand in kettles,H1731
HCHRdHNcmpaand in pans,H6745
HCHRdHNcfpaand divided them speedilyH7323
HCHDthey made readyH3559
HRHSp3mpand for the priests,H3548
HNpwere busy offering upH5927
HRHVhcthe burnt offeringsH5930
HTdHNcfsaand the fatH2459
HNcmsaAnd the LevitesH3881
HRHSp3mpand for the priests,H3548
And the singers,H7891
HNcmscHSp3mpaccording to the commandH4687
HNcmscAnd the gatekeepersH7778
HCHNcmsaIt was notH369
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HTdHNcmsaand to offerH5927
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpaccording to the commandmentH4687
And the childrenH1121
HNpwho were presentH4672
HNcmscof Unleavened BreadH4682
And there was noH3808
HRHNpsince the daysH3117
HTnof the kingsH4428
HVqp3cpsuch a PassoverH6453
HVqp3msand the priestsH3548
HCHTdHNcmpaand the Levites,H3881
HCHNpwho were present,H4672
HTdHVNrmsaand the peopleH3427
But he sentH7971
HRHSp1csto do with you,Hl
HNcmscwith whichI have war,H4421
HVqp3msme to make haste.H926
HRHVpcHSp1csYou must ceaseH2308
HVqv2msfrom opposing God,H430
HRHSp1csso that He does notH408
HRHSp1cpbut disguised himselfH2664
HChe might fightH3898
HRHSp3msAnd he did notH3808
HNpfrom the mouthH6310
HRHVNcin the valleyH1237
And the archersH3384
HNpAnd the kingH4428
HCHVqw3msto his servants,H5650
HRHNcmpcHSp3ms"Take me away,H5674
HCI am grievouslyH3966
And his servantsH5650
HTdHNcfsaand put himH7392
HRHSp3msAnd they brought himH3212
HNpand he diedH4191
HCHVqw3msand was buriedH6912
HCHVNw3msin the tombsH6913
HRHNcmpcof his fathers.H1
HNcmscthe singing menH7891
HTdHVqrmpaand the singing womenH7891
HNpin their lamentations,H7015
HTdHNcmsaand have made themH5414
HCHTmHSp3mpthey are writtenH3789
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved