1. Now all the work that Solomon made for the house of the LORD was finished. And Solomon brought in the things that David his father had dedicated. And he put the silver and the gold, and all the vessels, among the treasures of the house of God.
2. Then Solomon gathered the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel to Jerusalem to bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion.
3. And all the men of Israel gathered themselves to the king in the feast in the seventh month.
4. And all the elders of Israel came. And the Levites took up the ark.
5. And they brought up the ark, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and all the holy vessels that were in the tabernacle. The priests and the Levites brought these up.
6. And King Solomon, and all the congregation of Israel that were gathered to him before the ark, sacrificed sheep and oxen which could not be counted nor numbered for multitude.
7. And the priests brought in the ark of the covenant of the LORD to its place, to the Holy of Holies in the house, into the Most Holy Place, under the wings of the cherubim,
8. For the cherubim spread out their wings over the ark, and the cherubim covered the ark above its staves.
9. And the staves were so long that the ends of the staves of the ark were seen from the holy place looking toward the Holy of Holies, but they were not seen outside. And they are there to this day.
10. Nothing was in the ark except the two tables which Moses put in it at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the children of Israel when they came out of Egypt.
11. And it came to pass, when the priests came out of the holy place (for all the priests present were sanctified, and did not wait by course),
12. And the Levitical singers—all of them of Asaph, of Heman, of Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, being clothed in white linen, and having cymbals and with harps and lyres—stood at the east end of the altar, and with them a hundred and twenty priests sounding with silver trumpets,
13. It came to pass, as the trumpeters and the singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the silver trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the LORD, saying, “For He is good, for His steadfast love mercy endures forever,” that the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD,
14. So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God!
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved