1. Now I am resolved within myself not to come to you again in sorrow.
2. For if I make you sorrowful, who is it that makes me glad, if it is not the one who has been made sorrowful by me?
3. And I wrote this same thing to you, lest when I come, I might have sorrow from those in whom I ought to rejoice; for I have confidence in all of you, that my joy is the joy of you all.
4. For out of much distress and anguish of heart I wrote to you with many tears— not that you might be sorrowful, but that you might know the overflowing love which I have for you.
5. But if anyone has caused sorrow, he has not grieved me, but you all, at least in part (in order that I may not overcharge him).
6. To such a one this punishment, which was inflicted by the majority of you, is sufficient;
7. So that on the contrary, you should rather forgive and encourage him, lest such a one be swallowed up with overwhelming sorrow.
8. For this reason, I exhort you to confirm your love toward him.
9. Now for this cause I wrote to you, that I might know by testing you whether you are obedient in everything.
10. But to whom you forgive anything, I also forgive; and if I also have forgiven anything, to whomever I have forgiven it, for your sakes I forgave it in the person of Christ;
11. So that we may not be outwitted by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes.
12. Now when I came to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ, and a door was opened to me by the Lord,
13. I had no rest in my spirit because I was not able to find Titus, my brother; then I left them and went into Macedonia.
14. But thanks be to God, Who always leads us triumphant in Christ, and manifests the fragrance of His knowledge through us in every place.
15. For we are Christ’s sweet perfume to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing;
16. To those who are perishing, we are a stench of death unto death; but to those who are being saved, we are a fragrance of life unto life. And who is qualified for such things?
17. For we are not like the many, who for their own profit are corrupting the Word of God; but we speak with sincerity, as from God, and before God, and in Christ.
CONJit is notG3361
PRT-Nthe one whoG3588
T-NSMhas been made sorrowfulG3076
V-2AAP-NSMI might haveG2192
PREPthose in whomG3739
V-PANfor I have confidenceG3982
V-PXI-3Sthe joy of youG5216
CONJyou might be sorrowful,G3076
CONJyou might knowG1097
X-NSMhas caused sorrow,G3076
V-RAI-3She has notG3756
A-APMat least inG575
N-GSN(in order thatG2443
CONJI may notG3361
CONJon the contrary,G5121
D-NSMbe swallowed upG2666
V-2AAI-1Sto you, thatG2443
CONJI might knowG1097
R-ASNI have forgivenG5483
V-RNI-1Sit, for yourG5209
PREPI forgave it inG1722
CONJwhen I cameG2064
PRT-Nable to findG2147
T-DPMare being savedG4982
To those whoG3739
PRTare perishing, we are a stenchG3744
CONJto those whoG3739
R-DPMare being saved, we are a fragranceG3744
A-NPMwho for their own profit are corruptingG2585
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved