1. The elder to the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not I alone, but also all those who have known the truth;
3. Grace, mercy, and peace shall be with us from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
5. And now I beseech you, lady, not as though I am writing a new commandment to you, but that which we have observed from the beginning, that we love one another.
7. Because many deceivers have entered into the world—those who do not confess that Jesus Christ is coming
What John writes in I John 4:3-4 that “Jesus Christ has come in the flesh,” applies only Jesus Christ Himself when He was God manifest in the
flesh. The Greek participle is a past, perfect, participle, which only refers to the completed fleshly existence of Jesus Christ—God manifested
in the flesh. It cannot be construed to mean that Christ has been continually “coming [spiritually] in the flesh” of true believers down through time.
On the other hand, John does specifically write that very expression in II John 7: Because many deceivers have entered into the world—those who
do not confess that Jesus Christ is coming [ present, middle, participle, accusative, singular, masculine] in the flesh of true believers …”
This clearly means that through the power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ is presently continuing to come into the flesh of true believers—that is
into their minds and hearts—who have repented of their sins; have been baptized; have had hands laid on them and have received the Holy Spirit. Finally,
John 14:23 reveals, there are two parts of the Holy Spirit: 1) The Spirit of God the Father the seed of begettal to become a son or daughter of
God. 2) The Spirit of Jesus Christ to develop the mind of Christ.
Conclusion: “Jesus Christ is coming in the flesh of true believers!“
in the flesh of true believers. This is the spirit of the deceiver and the antichrist.
8. Watch out for yourselves in order that we may not lose the things we have accomplished, but that we may receive a full reward.
9. Anyone who transgresses and does not continue in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. But the one who continues in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house, and do not say to him, “Welcome!”
11. For anyone who says, “Welcome!” to him is partaking in his evil works.
13. The children of your chosen sister salute you. Amen.
A-NSMto the chosenG1588
PREPthesake of theG3588
CONJI have foundG2147
N-GPNthose who are walkingG4043
CONJI am writingG1125
N-NSFof God: thatG2443
ADVyou might walkG4043
N-DSFof true believers.ThisG3778
T-NSMspirit of the deceiverG4108
F-2APMin order thatG2443
CONJwe may notG3361
R-APNwe have accomplished,G2038
CONJthatwe may receiveG618
N-ASMBut the one whoG3588
P-2DPbut I do notG3756
V-AOI-1Sto convey these things to you withG1223
N-ASNin order thatG2443
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved