1. And it came to pass when the king dwelt in his house, and when the LORD had given him rest round about from all his enemies,
2. The king said to Nathan the prophet, “See now, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of God dwells within curtains.”
3. Then Nathan said to the king, “Go, do all that is in your heart, for the LORD is with you.”
4. And it came to pass that night the word of the LORD came to Nathan saying,
5. “Go and tell My servant David, ‘Thus says the LORD, “Shall you build Me a house for My dwelling?
6. For I have not dwelt in a house since the day that I brought up the children out of Egypt until this day, but have walked in a tent, and in a tabernacle.
7. In all places in which I have walked with all the children of Israel, did I speak a word with any of the tribes of Israel, those whom I commanded to feed My people Israel, saying, ‘Why do you not build Me a house of cedars?’ ” ’
8. Now therefore, thus shall you say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: “I took you from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be prince over My people, over Israel.
9. And I was with you wherever you went and have cut off all your enemies out of your sight, and have made you a great name like the name of the great ones in the earth.
10. Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them so that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more. Neither shall the sons of wickedness afflict them any more, as before.
11. And even from the time that I commanded judges to be over My people of Israel, so will I cause you to rest from all your enemies. Also, the LORD tells you that He will make you a house.
12. And when your days are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you who shall come forth from your loins. And I will make his kingdom sure.
13. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
14. I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the sons of men.
15. But My mercy shall not leave him, as I took it from Saul whom I put away before you.
16. And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.” ’ ”
17. According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David.
18. Then King David went in and sat before the LORD. And he said, “Who am I, O Lord GOD? And what is my house, that You have brought me here?
19. And this was yet a small thing in Your sight, O Lord GOD. But You have spoken also of Your servant’s house for a great while to come. And is this the manner of men, O Lord GOD?
20. And what can David say more to You? For You, O Lord GOD, know Your servant.
21. For Your word’s sake, and according to Your own heart, You have done all these great things to make Your servant know.
22. Therefore You are great, O LORD God. For there is none like You, neither is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
23. And what one nation in the earth is like Your people, like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to Himself, and to make Him a name, and to do for You great things and awesome things, for Your land, before Your people, whom You redeemed to You from Egypt, from the nations and their gods?
24. For You have established for Yourself Your people Israel to be a people to You forever. And You, LORD, have become their God.
25. And now, O LORD God, the word that You have spoken concerning Your servant, and concerning his house: establish it forever, and do as You have said.
26. And let Your name be magnified forever, saying, ‘The LORD of hosts is the God over Israel.’ And let the house of Your servant David be established before You.
27. For You, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, have revealed to Your servant, saying, ‘I will build you a house.’ Therefore Your servant has found in his heart to pray this prayer to You.
28. And now, O Lord GOD, You are that God, and Your words are true, and You have promised this goodness to Your servant.
29. Therefore, now, let it please You to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue forever before You. For You, O Lord GOD, have spoken. And with Your blessing let the house of Your servant be blessed forever.”
And it came to passH1961
HVqp3msin his house,H1004
HRHNcmscHSp3msand when the LORDH3068
HCHNphad given him restH5117
HVqrmsain a houseH1004
HNcmpabut the arkH727
HTrisin your heart,H3824
And it came to passH1961
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNcmsafor My dwelling?H3427
HCI have notH3808
HVqp1csin a houseH1004
HRHNcmsasince the dayH3117
HRHRHNcmscthat I brought upH5927
HNpout of EgyptH4714
HVtrmsain a tent,H168
HRHNcmsaand in a tabernacle.H4908
HTrI have walkedH1980
HNpdid I speakH1696
HAcmsaof the tribesH7626
HRHTido you notH3808
HDshall you sayH559
HVqi2msto My servantH5650
And I wasH1961
HVqp2msand have cut offH3772
HVqrmpcHSp2msout of your sight,H6440
HRHNcbpcHSp2msand have madeH6213
HNcmsalike the nameH8034
HRHNcmscof the great onesH1419
HTrin the earth.H776
Moreover I will appointH7760
HNcmsafor My peopleH5971
HRHNpand will plant themH5193
HCHVqq1csHSp3msso that they may dwellH7931
HCHVqq3msin a place of their own,H8478
HCHTnshall the sonsH1121
And even fromH4480
HNpso will I cause youHl
HVqrmpcHSp2msAlso, the LORDH3068
HVqi3mpand you shall sleepH7901
HNcmpcHSp2msI will set upH6965
HTrshall come forthH3318
HVqi3msfrom your loins.H4578
HRHNcmpcHSp2msAnd I will makeH3559
HNcmsafor My name,H8034
HRHNcmscHSp1csand I will establishH3559
HNcmscof his kingdomH4467
HRHSp3msfor a father,H1
HRHSp1csfor a son.H1121
HTrhe commits iniquity,H5753
HRHVhcHSp3msI will chasten himH3198
HCHVhq1csHSp3mswith the rodH7626
HNcmpaand with the stripesH5061
HCHRHNcmpcof the sonsH1121
But My mercyH2617
HTrI put awayH5493
And your houseH1004
HNcmscHSp2msand your kingdomH4467
According to allH3605
HTdHNcmpaand according to allH3605
HNpAnd he said,H559
HCYou have brought meH935
HDa small thingH6994
HCHVqw3fsin Your sight,H5869
HNpBut You have spokenH1696
HNcmscfor a great while to come.H7350
HRHRHAamsaAnd is thisH2063
For Your word'sH1697
HRHNcmscand according to Your own heart,H3820
HCHRHNcmscHSp2msYou have doneH6213
HToto make Your servantH5650
HTmYou are great,H1431
HCthere is noneH369
HCHTnis there any GodH430
HRHSp2msaccording to allH3605
HTrwe have heardH8085
HVqp1cpwith our ears.H241
HNcmsain the earthH776
HRdHNcbsaislike Your people,H5971
HRHVqcfor a peopleH5971
HRHSp3msand to makeH7760
HNcmsaand to doH6213
HTdHNcfsaand awesome things,H3372
HCHVNrfpafor Your land,H776
HRHNpfrom the nationsH1471
HNcmpaand their gods?H430
For You have establishedH3559
HNpto bea peopleH5971
HTrYou have spokenH1696
HRHTrYou have said.H1696
And let Your nameH8034
HNpAnd let the houseH1004
HCHNcmscof Your servantH5650
HNcfscto Your servant,H5650
HRHVqc'I will buildH1129
HToin his heartH3820
HTdHNcmpaand Your wordsH1697
HNcfsaand You have promisedH1696
HCHDlet it please YouH2974
HNcmscof Your servant,H5650
HNcmscHSp2msthat it may continueH1961
HVpp2msAnd with Your blessingH1293
HCHRHNcfscHSp2mslet the houseH1004
HNcmscof Your servantH5650
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved