1. And David said, “Is there still any that is left from the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?”
2. And there was of the house of Saul a servant whose name was Ziba. And they called him to David and the king said to him, “Are you Ziba?” And he said, “Your servant.”
3. And the king said, “Is there not still any of the house of Saul, so that I may show the kindness of God to him?” And Ziba said to the king, “Jonathan still has a son who is lame in his feet.”
4. And the king said to him, “Where is he?” And Ziba said to the king, “Behold, he is in the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, in Lodebar.”
5. And King David sent and brought him out of the house of Machir the son of Ammiel, from Lodebar.
6. And Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, came to David, and fell on his face and bowed to him. And David said, “Mephibosheth!” And he answered, “Behold your servant!”
7. And David said to him, “Do not fear, for I will surely show you kindness for Jonathan your father’s sake and will restore you all the land of Saul your father. And you shall eat bread at my table forever.”
8. And he bowed himself and said, “What is your servant that you should look upon such a dead dog as I?”
9. Then the king called to Ziba, Saul’s servant, and said to him, “I have given to your master’s son all that belonged to Saul and to all his house.
10. And you shall till the land for him, you and your sons and your servants. And you shall bring in the fruits so that your master’s son may have bread to eat. But Mephibosheth, your master’s son, shall eat bread always at my table.” And Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.
11. And Ziba said to the king, “According to all that my lord the king has commanded his servant, so shall your servant do.” “And Mephibosheth,” said the king, “he shall eat at my table, as one of the king’s sons.”
12. And Mephibosheth had a young son, whose name was Micah. And all that lived in the house of Ziba were servants to Mephibosheth.
13. And Mephibosheth lived in Jerusalem, for he always sat at the king’s table. And he was lame in both his feet.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved