1. The elder to Gaius the beloved, whom I love in truth:
2. Beloved, I personally am praying for you, that in all respects you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul is prospering.
3. For I rejoiced exceedingly at the coming of the brethren who testified of you in the truth, even how you are walking in truth.
4. I do not have any greater joy than these testimonies that I am hearing—that my children are walking in truth.
5. Beloved, you are faithfully practicing whatever you have been doing for the brethren and for strangers,
6. Who have testified of your love before the church. You will do well to send them on their way in a manner worthy of God;
7. Because for the sake of His name they went forth preaching, taking nothing
from the Gentiles.
8. For this cause, we are personally obligated to receive those who do such service, in order that we may be fellow workers in the truth.
10. Because of this very thing, if I come, I will call him to account for the actions that he is practicing with evil words—maliciously berating us; and he is not satisfied with these things, for he himself neither receives the brethren, nor does he permit those who wish to receive the brethren, but he forbids them and casts them out of the church.
11. Beloved, do not imitate that which is evil; rather, imitate that which is good. The one who practices good is of God; but the one who practices evil has not seen God.
12. We have received testimony from everyone on behalf of Demetrius, and from the truth itself; and we also bear witness, and you know that our witness is true.
13. I had many things to write, but now I will not write them with ink and pen;
14. For I hope to see you shortly, and I will speak with you face to face.
15. Peace be to you. Our friends salute you. Salute the friends by name.
A-VSMI personally am prayingG2172
V-PNI-1Sfor you, that inG4012
CONJbe in health,G5198
ADVat the comingG2064
V-PNP-GPMof the brethrenG80
I do notG3756
ADVI am hearing—G191
PRTyou have been doingG2038
N-GSFYou will doG4160
ADVto send them on their wayG4311
R-APMin a manner worthyG516
CONJthis cause, weG2249
P-1NPare personally obligatedG3784
T-APMthose who do suchG5108
D-APMservice, in order thatG2443
CONJwe may beG1096
N-NSM-Pthe one whoG3588
T-NSMloves to be chiefG5383
PREPthis very thing,G5124
V-2AAS-1SI will call himG846
R-APNhe is practicingG4160
V-PAI-3Swith evil words-G3056
CONJhe is notG3361
D-DPMfor he himselfG846
N-APMnor does he permitthoseG3588
V-PAI-3Sthem out ofG1537
T-ASNwhich is evil;G2556
T-ASNwhich is good.G18
A-ASNThe one whoG3588
CONJthe one whoG3588
We have received testimonyG3140
A-GPMon behalf of Demetrius,G1216
CONJI will speakG2980
V-FAI-1Pwith you faceG4750
N-ASN3John 1:15. PeaceG1515
N-NSFbe to you.G4671
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved