1. “And it shall be when you come into the land which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance, and possess it, and live in it,
2. You shall take of the first of all the fruit of the earth which you shall bring of your land that the LORD your God gives you, and you shall put it in a basket, and shall go to the place which the LORD your God shall choose to place His name there.
3. And you shall go to the priest in those days, and say to him, ‘I profess today to the LORD your God that I have come into the land which the LORD swore to our fathers to give us.’
4. And the priest shall take the basket out of your hand and set it down before the altar of the LORD your God.
5. And you shall declare and say before the LORD your God, ‘My father was a Syrian ready to perish. And he went down to Egypt, and sojourned there with a few, and became there a nation, great,mighty, and many.
6. And the Egyptians ill-treated us, and afflicted us, and laid hard bondage on us.
7. And when we cried to the LORD God of our fathers, the LORD heard our voice and looked on our afflictions and our labor and our oppression.
8. And the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with awesome might, and with signs and with wonders.
9. And He has brought us into this place, and has given us this land, a land that flows with milk and honey.
10. And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land which You, O LORD, have given me.’ And you shall set it before the LORD your God, and worship before the LORD your God.
11. And you shall rejoice in all the good which the LORD your God has given to you, and to your house; you, and the Levite, and the stranger in your midst.
12. When you have made an end of tithing all the tithes of your increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow (that they may eat inside your gates and be filled),
13. Then you shall say before the LORD your God, ‘I have brought away the holy things out of my house, and also have given them to the Levite, and to the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all Your commandments which You have commanded me. I have not broken Your commandments, neither have I forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten of it in my mourning, neither have I put any of it away for unclean use, nor have I given of it for the dead. I have hearkened to the voice of the LORD my God, and have done according to all that You have commanded me.
15. Look down from Your holy dwelling, from Heaven, and bless Your people Israel and the land which You have given us as You swore to our fathers, a land that flows with milk and honey.’
16. Today the LORD your God has commanded you to observe these laws and judgments. You therefore shall keep and observe them with all your heart and with all your soul.
17. You have declared today that the LORD is your God, and that you would walk in His ways, and keep His statutes and His commandments and His judgments, and obey His voice.
18. And the LORD has taken you today to be His specially treasured people, as He has promised you, and to keep all His commandments,
19. And to make you high above all nations which he has made in praise and in name and in honor, and that you may be a holy people to the LORD your God, even as He has spoken.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved