1. There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, and it lies heavy upon men:
2. A man to whom God has given riches, wealth, and honor, so that he lacks nothing of all that he desires for his life, yet God does not give him power to eat of it, but a stranger eats it. This is vanity, and it is an evil disease.
3. If a man beget a hundred children, and lives many years, so that the days of his years are many, but his life is not filled with good, and also that he has no burial; I say, a miscarriage is better than he.
4. For he comes in with vanity and goes out in darkness, and his name shall be covered with darkness.
5. Moreover he has not seen the sun, nor known anything. This one had more rest than the other.
6. Yea, even though he live a thousand years twice, yet he has enjoyed no good. Do not all go to one place?
7. All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
8. For what has the wise more than the fool? What gain has the poor who knows how to walk before the living?
9. Better is the sight of the eyes than the wandering of the desire. This is also vanity and a striving after wind.
10. That which has been is named already, and it is known that he is man; and he is not able to contend with Him who is mightier than he.
11. For there are many things that increase vanity, but what advantage is that to man?
12. For who knows what is good for man in life, all the days of his vain life which he spends as a shadow? For who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun?
HCHNcbsaso that he lacksH2638
HVti3msfor his life,H5315
HCHTngive him powerH7980
HAcbsachildren, and livesH2421
HCHNcfpaso that the daysH3117
HNcmpcof his yearsH8141
HCHAamsabut his lifeH5315
HCHTathat he has noH3808
Yea, even thoughH432
HNcfdayet he has enjoyedH7200
HTigain hasthe poorH6041
HNcmscof the eyesH5869
HNcbdathan the wanderingH1980
HRHVqcof the desire.H5315
HNcmsaand a strivingH7469
HTiwhich has beenH1961
HDand it is knownH3045
HNcmsaand he is notH3808
HNcmpcof his vainH1892
HNcmpcwhich he spendsH6213
HCHVqi3msHSp3mpas a shadow?H6738
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved