1. So the king and Haman came to the banquet of Esther the queen.
2. And the king said again to Esther on the second day of the banquet of wine, “What is your petition, Queen Esther, that it may be granted you? And what is your request? And it shall be performed, even to the half of the kingdom.”
3. And Esther the queen answered and said, “If I have found favor in your sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request.
4. For we are sold, my people and I, to be destroyed, to be killed, and to perish. But if we had been sold for slave men and slave women, I would have held my tongue, because no such distress would justify disturbing the king.”
5. And King Ahasuerus answered and said to Esther the queen, “Who is he, and where is the one who dares presume in his heart to do so?”
6. And Esther said, “The man who is our adversary and enemy is this wicked Haman.” And Haman was terrified before the king and the queen.
7. And the king, arising from the banquet of wine in his wrath, went into the palace garden. But Haman stood up to beg for his life from Esther the queen, for he saw that evil was determined against him by the king.
8. And the king returned out of the palace garden into the place of the banquet of wine. And Haman had fallen on the couch on which Esther was. And the king said, “Will he also force the queen before me in the house?” As the word went out of the king’s mouth, they covered Haman’s face.
9. And Harbonah, one of the officers, said before the king, “Also look! The gallows fifty cubits high which Haman made for Mordecai, who had spoken good for the king, stands at the house of Haman.” Then the king said, “Hang him on it!”
10. And they hanged Haman on the gallows that he had prepared for Mordecai. And the king’s wrath was assuaged.
And the kingH4428
HRHNpon the secondH8145
HRdHNcmsaof the banquetH4960
HNpthat it may be grantedH5414
HNcfscHSp2fsAnd it shall be performed,H6213
HNcmscof the kingdom."H4438
HCI have foundH4672
HNcmsain your sight,H5869
HTdHNcmsalet my lifeH5315
HRHSp1csat my petition,H7596
HRHNcfscHSp1csand my peopleH5971
HCHNcmscHSp1csat my request.H1246
HCwe are sold,H4376
HPp1csto be destroyed,H8045
HRHVhcto be killed,H2026
HRHVqcand to perish.H6
HCHCwe had been soldH4376
HVNp1cpfor slave menH5650
HRHNcmpaand slave women,H8198
HCHRHNcfpaI would have held my tongue,H2790
HVqp3msHSp3msin his heartH3820
HNcmsawho is our adversaryH6862
HTdHNcmsaand the queen.H4436
And the king,H4428
HVqp3msfrom the banquetH4960
HTdHNcmsain his wrath,H2534
And the kingH4428
HVqp3msout of the palaceH1055
HNcmscof the banquetH4960
HRHSp3fsAnd the kingH4428
HCHVqw3ms"Will he alsoH1571
HRHSp1csin the house?"H1004
HRdHNcmsaAs the wordH1697
HVqp3msof the king'sH4428
HVqrmsaat the houseH1004
HNpThen the kingH4428
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved