1. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, how is the wood of the vine better than any other tree, or than a branch which is among the trees of the forest?
3. Shall wood be taken from it to do work? Or will men take from it for a peg to hang any vessel on it?
4. Behold, it is instead cast into the fire for fuel. The fire devours both its ends, and its middle is charred. Is it fit for any work?
5. Behold, when it was whole, it was not useful for work. How much less when the fire has devoured it, and it is charred? Shall it yet be made to work?
6. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, ‘As the vine is among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so I will give the people of Jerusalem, as fuel for the fire.
7. And I will set My face against them; they shall go out from the fire, yet the fire will still devour them. And you shall know that I am the LORD when I set My face against them.
8. And I will make the land desolate because they have committed a treacherous act,’ says the Lord GOD.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved