1. The Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre. ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Because your heart is lifted up, and you have said, ‘I am a god, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas;’ yet you are a man and not God, though you set your heart as the heart of a god;
3. Behold, you are wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from you!
4. With your wisdom and with your understanding you have made riches for yourselves, and have gotten gold and silver into your treasuries.
5. By your great wisdom and by your trade you have multiplied your riches, and your heart is lifted up because of your riches.”
6. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Because you have set your heart as the heart of a god,
7. Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon you, the most ruthless of the nations. And they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom, and they shall defile your brightness.
8. They shall bring you down to the pit, and you shall die the death of those slain in the midst of the seas.
9. Will you yet say before him who kills you, ‘I am a god’? But you are a man, and not God, in the hand of him who kills you.
10. You shall die the death of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers. For I have spoken,” says the Lord GOD.’ ”
11. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
12. “Son of man, lift up a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “You seal up the measure of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13. You have been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, the ruby, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the turquoise, and the emerald, and gold. The workmanship of your settings and of your sockets was prepared in you in the day that you were created.
14. You were the anointed cherub that covers, and I set you so; you were upon the holy mountain of God; you have walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15. You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until iniquity was found in you.
16. By the multitude of your merchandise they have filled your midst with violence, and you have sinned. Therefore I will cast you as profane from the mountain of God, and I will destroy you, O covering cherub, from among the stones of fire.
17. Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you have corrupted your wisdom by reason of your brightness. I will cast you to the ground; I will lay you before kings, that they may behold you.
18. By the multitude of your iniquities, by the unrighteousness of your trade, you have profaned your sanctuaries; therefore I brought forth a fire from your midst; it shall devour you, and I will bring you to ashes upon the earth, before the eyes of all who see you.
19. All who know you among the people shall be astonished at you; you became a terror, and you will not be any more.” ’ ”
20. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
21. “Son of man, set your face against Sidon, and prophesy against it.
22. And say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I am against you, O Sidon, and I will be glorified in your midst. And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I have executed judgments in her and shall be sanctified in her.
23. For I will send a plague into her, and blood into her streets. And the wounded shall fall in her midst by the sword upon her on every side. And they shall know that I am the LORD.
24. And there shall be no more a pricking brier, or a painful thorn unto the house of Israel any more, from all who surround them, those who hate them. And they shall know that I am the Lord GOD.”
25. Thus says the Lord GOD, “When I have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and have been sanctified in them in the sight of the nations, then they shall dwell in their land that I have given to My servant Jacob.
26. And they shall dwell safely in it, and shall build houses and plant vineyards. Yea, they shall dwell safely when I have executed judgments upon all those who despise them all around them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.” ’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved