1. These are the heads of their fathers’ houses, and the genealogy of those who went up with me from Babylon, in the reign of Artaxerxes the king.
2. From the sons of Phinehas, Gershom. From the sons of Ithamar, Daniel. From the sons of David, Hattush.
3. From the sons of Shecaniah, from the sons of Parosh, Zechariah. And with him were counted by genealogy of the males a hundred and fifty.
4. From the sons of Pahath-Moab, Elihoenai the son of Zerahiah, and with him two hundred males.
5. From the sons of Shechaniah, the son of Jahaziel, and with him three hundred males.
6. From the sons also of Adin, Ebed the son of Jonathan, and with him fifty males.
7. And from the sons of Elam, Jeshaiah the son of Athaliah, and with him seventy males.
8. And from the sons of Shephatiah, Zebadiah the son of Michael, and with him eighty males.
9. From the sons of Joab, Obadiah the son of Jehiel, and with him two hundred and eighteen males.
10. And from the sons of Shelomith, the son of Josiphiah, and with him a hundred and sixty males.
11. And from the sons of Bebai, Zechariah the son of Bebai, and with him twenty-eight males.
12. And from the sons of Azgad, Johanan the son of Hakkatan, and with him a hundred and ten males.
13. And from the last sons of Adonikam, these: Eliphelet, Jeiel, and Shemaiah, and with them sixty males.
14. From the sons of Bigvai, Uthai, and Zabbud, and with them seventy males.
15. Then I gathered them at the river which runs to Ahava and we stayed there in tents three days. And I looked over the people and the priests, and did not find there any of the sons of Levi.
16. Then I sent for Eliezer, for Ariel, for Shemaiah, and for Elnathan, and for Jarib, and for Elnathan, and for Nathan, and for Zechariah, and for Meshullam, chief men; also for Joiarib, and for Elnathan, men of understanding.
17. And I sent them with a command to Iddo, the chief of the place Casiphia, and I told them what they should say to Iddo, to his brethren the temple servants, at the place Casiphia, that they should bring to us ministers for the house of our God.
18. And by the good hand of our God upon us, they brought us a man of understanding, from the sons of Mahli, the son of Levi, the son of Israel, namely Sherebiah, with his sons and his brethren, eighteen;
19. And Hashabiah, and with him Jeshaiah from the sons of Merari, his brethren and their sons, twenty;
20. Also of the temple servants whom David and the rulers had chosen for the service of the Levites, two hundred and twenty temple servants. All of them were called by name.
21. Then I proclaimed a fast there at the river Ahava, so that we might humble ourselves before our God in order to seek from Him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our goods.
22. For I was ashamed to ask of the king troops and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way because we had spoken to the king, saying, “The hand of our God is upon all those who seek Him for good, but His power and His wrath are against all those who forsake Him.”
23. So we fasted and prayed to our God about this. And He was entreated of us.
24. Then I separated twelve of the chief of the priests, Sherebiah, Hashabiah, and ten of their brethren with them.
25. And I weighed to them the silver, and the gold, and the vessels, the offering of the house of our God, which the king and his counselors and his lords, and all Israel who were present, had offered.
26. And I weighed into their hands six hundred and fifty talents of silver, and silver vessels of a hundred talents, of gold a hundred talents,
27. And twenty basins of gold of a thousand drams, and two vessels of fine copper as precious as gold.
28. And I said to them, “You are holy to the LORD, and the vessels are holy. And the silver and the gold are a freewill offering to the LORD, the God of your fathers.
29. Watch and keep them until you weigh them before the chief of the priests and the Levites, and the heads of the fathers of Israel at Jerusalem in the chambers of the house of the LORD.”
30. So the priests and the Levites received the weight of the silver, and the gold, and the vessels, to bring them to Jerusalem to the house of our God.
31. And we departed from the river of Ahava on the twelfth day of the first month, to go to Jerusalem. And the hand of our God was upon us, and He delivered us from the hand of the enemy and from ambushers along the way.
32. And we came to Jerusalem and stayed there three days.
33. And on the fourth day the silver and the gold and the vessels were weighed in the house of our God into the hand of Meremoth the son of Uriah the priest. And with him was Eleazar the son of Phinehas, and with them was Jozabad the son of Jeshua, and Noadiah the son of Binnui, Levites.
34. They were recorded by number and by the weight of every one. And all the weight was written at that time.
35. The children of those who had been exiled, who had come out of the captivity, offered burnt offerings to the God of Israel, twelve young bulls for all Israel, ninety-six rams, seventy-seven lambs, and twelve he-goats for a sin offering. All this was a burnt offering to the LORD.
36. And they delivered the king’s orders to the king’s satraps and to the governors of the province beyond the River. And they helped the people and the house of God.
HNcmpcof their fathers'H1
HNcmpcHSp3mphouses, and the genealogyH3187
HCHVtcHSp3mpof those who went upH5927
HRHNpin the reignH4438
From the sonsH1121
HNpfrom the sonsH1121
HNpAnd with himH5973
HCHRHSp3mswere counted by genealogyH3187
HVtcof the malesH2145
And from the lastH314
HCHNpand with themH5973
Then I gathered themH6908
HNpand we stayedH2583
HDin tents threeH7969
HNcmpaAnd I lookedH995
HCHVqw1csHShover the peopleH5971
HRdHNcmsaand the priests,H3548
HCHRdHNcmpaand did notH3808
HDany of the sonsH1121
Then I sentH7971
HRHNpand for Elnathan,H494
HCHRHNpand for Jarib,H3402
HCHRHNpand for Elnathan,H494
HCHRHNpand for Nathan,H5416
HCHRHNpand for Zechariah,H2148
HCHRHNpand for Meshullam,H4918
HNcmpaalso for Joiarib,H3114
HCHRHNpand for Elnathan,H494
HCHRHNpmen of understanding.H995
And I sentH6680
HToHSp3mpwith a command toH5921
HTdHNcmsaof the placeH4725
HRHNpand I toldH7760
HNcmpathey should sayH1696
HNpto his brethrenH251
HNcmscHSp3msthe temple servants,H5411
HTdHNcmpaat the placeH4725
HRHNpthat they should bringH935
HRHNcmscof our God.H430
And by the goodH2896
HRHNcbscof our GodH430
HNcmsafrom the sonsH1121
HCHNpwith his sonsH1121
HCHNcmpcHSp3msand his brethren,H251
HCHRthe temple servantsH5411
HNpand the rulersH8269
HTrHVqp3msfor the serviceH5656
HRHNcfscof the Levites,H3881
HNcmpaAll of themH3605
HDat the riverH5104
HNpso that we might humbleH6031
HNcmpcHSp1cpin order to seekH1245
HRHSp1cpHim a rightH3477
HRHSp1cpand for our little ones,H2945
HCHRHNcmscHSp1cpand for allH3605
HCI was ashamedH954
HCHNcmpato help usH5826
HRHVqcHSp1cpagainst the enemyH341
HRHVqrmsain the wayH1870
HCwe had spokenH559
HVqp1cpto the king,H4428
HNcbscof our GodH430
HNcmscthose who seek HimH1245
HRHAafsabut His powerH5797
HCHNcmscHSp3msand His wrathH639
HNcmscthose who forsake Him."H5800
Then I separatedH914
HAcmsaof the chiefH8269
HRHNcmpcof the priests,H3548
HAcmsaof their brethrenH251
And I weighedH8254
HNcfscof the houseH1004
HNcmscof our God,H430
HNcmpcHSp1cpwhich the kingH4428
HTdHNcmsaand his counselorsH3289
HCHVqrmpcHSp3msand his lords,H8269
HNpwho were present,H4672
And I weighedH8254
HCHNcmpcof a hundredH3967
HNcmsaof a thousandH505
And I saidH559
HNcmsato the LORD,H3068
HRHNpand the vesselsH3627
HNcmsaAnd the silverH3701
HCHTdHNcmsaand the goldH2091
HCHTdHNcmsaarea freewill offeringH5071
HNcfsato the LORD,H3068
HNcmpcof your fathers.H1
HNcmpcof the priestsH3548
HTdHNcmpaand the Levites,H3881
HCHTdHNgmpaand the headsH8269
HCHNcmpcof the fathersH1
HTdHNcfpcof the houseH1004
HNcmscof the LORD."H3068
So the priestsH3548
HTdHNcmpaand the LevitesH3881
HNcmscof the silver,H3701
HTdHNcmsaand the gold,H2091
HCHTdHNcmsaand the vessels,H3627
HRHNpto the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof our God.H430
And we departedH5265
HCHVqw1cpHShfrom the riverH5104
HNpon the twelfthH8147
HAcmsaday of the firstH7223
HNpAnd the handH3027
HCHNcbscof our GodH430
HRHSp1cpand He delivered usH5337
HCHVhw3msHSp1cpfrom the handH3709
HRHNcfscof the enemyH341
HVqrmsaand from ambushersH693
And on the fourthH7243
HTdHNcmsaand the goldH2091
HCHTdHNcmsaand the vesselsH3627
HVNp3msin the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof our GodH430
HTdHNcmsaAnd with himH5973
HNpand with themH5973
They were recorded by numberH4557
HRHNcmsaandby the weightH4948
HRHNcmsaof every one.H3605
HNcmpcof those who had been exiled,H1473
HTdHNcfsawho had come outH935
HTdHVqrmpaof the captivity,H7628
HNcfpato the GodH430
HNcmpcfora sin offering.H2403
HNcfsaAll this wasH3605
HTdHNcmsaa burnt offeringH5930
HNcfsato the LORD.H3068
And they deliveredH5414
HNcfpcto the king'sH4428
HRHNcmpcand to the governorsH6346
HCHNcmpaof the province beyondH5676
HTdHNcmsaAnd they helpedH5375
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved