1. And when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am the Almighty God! Walk before Me and be perfect.
2. And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.”
3. And Abram fell on his face. And God talked with him, saying,
4. “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.
5. Neither shall your name any more be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations.
6. And I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you.
7. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your seed after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your seed after you.
8. And I will give the land to you in which you are a sojourner, and to your seed after you, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession. And I will be their God.”
9. And God said to Abraham, “And you shall keep My covenant, you and your seed after you in their generations.
10. This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your seed after you. Every male child among you shall be circumcised.
11. And you shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin. And it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you.
12. And a son of eight days shall be circumcised among you, every male child in your generations; he that is born in the house, or bought with silver of any foreigner who is not of your seed.
13. He that is born in your house, and he that is bought with your silver, must be circumcised. And My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14. And the uncircumcised male child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people—for he has broken My covenant.”
15. And God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but her name shall be Sarah.
16. And I will bless her, and give you a son also of her. Yes, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations—kings of people shall be from her.”
17. And Abraham fell upon his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to him that is a hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear?”
18. And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!”
19. And God said, “Sarah your wife shall bear you a son indeed. And you shall call his name Isaac. And I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
20. And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.
21. But I will establish My covenant with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time in the next year.”
22. And He left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.
23. And Abraham took his son Ishmael, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his silver—every male among the men of Abraham’s house—and circumcised the flesh of their foreskins in the same day, even as God said to him.
24. And Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
25. And his son Ishmael was thirteen years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
26. In the same day Abraham and his son Ishmael were circumcised.
27. And all the men of his house that were born in the house, or bought with silver from the foreigner, were circumcised with him.
And when AbramH87
And I will makeH5414
HCHRHSp2msand will multiplyH7235
"As for Me,H589
HNcfscHSp1csis with you,H854
HRHSp2msand you shall beH1961
HToshall your nameH8034
HNpbut your nameH8034
HNcmscHSp2msshall be Abraham;H85
HCI have made youH5414
And I will make youH853
HCHVhq1csand I will makeH5414
HRHNcmpaof you, and kingsH4428
And I will establishH6965
HRHSp2msin their generationsH1755
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpfor an everlastingH5769
HRHSp2msand to your seedH2233
And I will giveH5414
HRHSp2msin which you are a sojourner,H4033
HNcmpcHSp2msand to your seedH2233
HNpfor an everlastingH5769
HRHNcfscAnd I will beH1961
HPp2msand your seedH2233
HRHSp2msin their generations.H1755
HPdxfsis My covenant,H1285
HTryou shall keep,H8104
HRHSp2mpshall be circumcised.H4135
And you shall circumciseH5243
HNcmscof your foreskin.H6190
HNcfscHSp2mpAnd it shall beH1961
HRHNcbscof the covenantH1285
And a sonH1121
HNcmpashall be circumcisedH4135
HAamsain your generations;H1755
HRHNcmpcHSp2mphe that is bornH3211
HNcmscin the house,H1004
HTnof your seed.H2233
He that is bornH3211
HNcmscin your house,H1004
HNcmscHSp2msand he that is boughtH4736
HCHNcfscwith your silver,H3701
HVNi3msAnd My covenantH1285
HCHVqq3fsin your fleshH1320
HRHNcmscHSp2mpfor an everlastingH5769
And the uncircumcisedH6189
HNcmscof his foreskinH6190
HTdHNcbsashall be cut offH3772
HCHVNq3fsfrom his people—H5971
HRHNcmpcHSp3fsforhe has brokenH6565
HNp"As for SaraiH8297
HNcfscHSp2msyou shall notH3808
And I will blessH1288
HRHSp3fsYes, I will bless her,H1288
HCHVpq1csHSp3fsand she shall beH1961
HCHVqq3fsa motherof nations—H1471
HCHVqw3msin his heart,H3820
HRHNcmscHSp3ms"Shall a child be bornH3205
HVNi3msto him thatH518
HCHCis a hundredH3967
HTiHRHNcmscAnd shall Sarah,H8283
HNpwho is ninetyH8673
HDAnd you shall callH7121
HNpAnd I will establishH6965
HRHSp3msfor an everlastingH5769
HRHNcfscand with his seedH2233
And as for Ishmael,H3458
HCHRHNpI have heard you.H8085
HTmI have blessedH1288
HToHSp3msand will make himH853
HCHVhq1csand will multiplyH7235
HDHe shall begetH3205
HNcmpaand I will make himH5414
HCHToI will establishH6965
HRdHNcmsain the nextH312
And He left offH3615
HNcmscthat were bornH3211
HNcmpcin his house,H1004
HNcmscthat were boughtH4736
HNcfscwith his silver—H3701
HAamsaamong the menH376
HNcmscof their foreskinsH6190
HNcfscHSp3mpin the sameH2088
HNcmscwhen he was circumcisedH4135
HRHVNcHSp3msin the fleshH1320
HNcmscof his foreskin.H6190
And his sonH1121
HNcmscwhenhe was circumcisedH4135
HToin the fleshH1320
HNcmscof his foreskin.H6190
In the sameH2088
HNpand his sonH1121
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved