1. Then Joseph could not control himself before all those who stood by him. And he cried out, “Cause every man to go out from me!” And no man stood before him while Joseph made himself known to his brothers.
2. And he wept aloud. And the Egyptians and the house of Pharaoh heard of it.
3. And Joseph said to his brothers, “I am Joseph. Is my father still alive?” And his brothers could not answer him, for they were troubled at his presence.
4. And Joseph said to his brothers, “Please come near me.” And they came near. And he said, “I am Joseph your brother whom you sold into Egypt.
5. And now, do not be grieved nor angry with yourselves that you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life;
6. For these two years the famine has been in the land, and there are still five years in which there will be no plowing nor harvest.
7. And God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.
8. And now you did not send me here, but God. And He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler over all the land of Egypt.
9. Hurry and go up to my father and say to him, ‘Thus says your son Joseph, “God has made me lord of all Egypt. Come down to me, do not wait.
10. And you shall dwell in the land of Goshen, and you shall be near to me, you and your sons and your sons’ sons, and your flocks, and your herds, and all that you have.
11. And I will nourish you there, for there are still five years of famine, lest you and your household, and all that you have, come to poverty.” ‘
12. And behold, your eyes see, and the eyes of my brother Benjamin see, that it is my mouth that speaks to you.
13. And you shall tell my father of all my glory in Egypt, and of all that you have seen. And you shall hurry and bring down my father here.”
14. And he fell upon his brother Benjamin’s neck and wept. And Benjamin wept upon his neck.
15. And he kissed all his brothers and wept upon them. And afterwards his brothers talked with him.
16. And the report of it was heard in Pharaoh’s house, saying, “Joseph’s brothers have come.” And it was good in the eyes of Pharaoh and of his servants.
17. And Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Say to your brothers, ‘Do this: load your beasts and go into the land of Canaan,
18. And bring your father and your households and come to me. And I will give you the good of the land of Egypt, and you shall eat the fat of the land.
19. Now you are commanded; do this. Take wagons out of the land of Egypt for your little ones and for your wives, and bring your father, and come.
20. And do not regard your goods, for the best of all the land of Egypt is yours.’ ”
21. And the sons of Israel did so. And Joseph gave them wagons according to the command of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.
22. To all of them he gave each man changes of clothing, but to Benjamin he gave three hundred pieces of silver, and five changes of clothing.
23. And to his father he sent this: ten donkeys loaded with the good things of Egypt, and ten female donkeys loaded with grain and bread and food for his father for the journey.
24. And he sent his brothers away, and they departed. And he said to them, “Do not quarrel along the way.”
25. And they went up out of Egypt, and came to the land of Canaan, to Jacob their father.
26. And they told him, saying, “Joseph is still alive, and he is governor over all the land of Egypt.” And Jacob’s heart fainted, for he did not believe them.
27. And they told him all the words of Joseph, which he had said to them. And when he saw the wagons which Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of Jacob their father revived.
28. And Israel said, “It is enough. Joseph my son is still alive. I will go and see him before I die.”
HRHVtchimself before allH3605
HRHNcmscthose who stoodH5324
HRHSp3msAnd he cried out,H7121
HNpmade himself knownH3045
HRHVtcto his brothers.H251
And he weptH6963
HToAnd the EgyptiansH4713
HCHVqw3mpand the houseH1004
HNpIs my fatherH1
HAamsaAnd his brothersH251
HCthey were troubledH926
HVNp3cpat his presence.H6440
HRHSp1csAnd they came near.H5066
HCHVqw3mpAnd he said,H559
HRHNcbpcHSp2mpto preserve life;H4241
HTdHNcbsaand there are stillH5750
HTrthere will be noH369
HNcfsain the earth,H776
HRdHNcbsaand to save yourHl
HCHRHVhcby a greatH1419
HTdHNcmpaAnd He has made meH7760
HNcmscHSp3msand a rulerH4910
HVpv2mpand go upH5927
HNcmpahas made meH7760
HCHVqq2msin the landH776
HNpand you shall beH1961
HRHSp1csyou and your sonsH1121
HCHNcmpcHSp2msand your sons'H1121
HNcmpcHSp2msand your flocks,H6629
HCHNcbscHSp2msand your herds,H1241
And I will nourishH3557
HPp2msand your household,H1004
HRHSp2fscome to poverty." 'H3423
HVqrfpaand the eyesH5869
HCHNcbdcof my brotherH251
HCit ismy mouthH6310
And you shall tellH5046
HTryou have seen.H7200
HVqp2mpAnd you shall hurryH4116
HCHVpq2mpand bring downH3381
And he fellH5307
And he kissedH5401
And the reportH6963
HCHTdHNcmsaof itwas heardH8085
HVqp3cpAnd it was goodH3190
HCHVqw3msin the eyesH5869
HRHSp1csAnd I will giveH5414
HNcmscof the landH776
HNpand you shall eatH398
HNcmscof the land.H776
HNcfpaout of the landH776
HNpfor your little onesH2945
HRHNcmscHSp2mpand for your wives,H802
And the sonsH1121
HNcbsafor the way.H1870
To all of themH3605
HNcfpabut to BenjaminH1144
And to his fatherH1
HVqrmpawith the good thingsH2898
HCHNcmsafor his fatherH1
HRHNcmscHSp3msfor the journey.H1870
And he sentH7971
HNcmpcHSp3msaway, and they departed.H3212
HCHVqw3mpAnd he saidH559
HVqj2mpalong the way."H1870
And they went upH5927
HCHVqw3mpout of Egypt,H4714
And they toldH5046
HNpAnd Jacob's heartH3820
HChe did notH3808
And they toldH1696
HTrhe had saidH1696
HRHSp3mpAnd when he sawH7200
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved