1. “Woe to those who decree unrighteous edicts, and to those who issue oppressive decrees;
2. To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to steal the right from the poor of My people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the orphans!
3. And what will you do in the day of judgment and destruction, in the day of devastation which shall come from afar? To whom will you flee for help? And where will you leave your wealth?
5. “Woe to Assyria, the rod of My anger! And the staff in their hand is My fury.
6. I will send him against an ungodly nation, and against the people of My wrath. I will command him to take the plunder, and to strip off the spoil, and to trample them like mud in the streets.
7. Yet he does not plan this, nor does his heart think so, for it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few;
8. For he says, ‘Are not my commanders all like kings?
9. Is not Calno like Carchemish? Is not Hamath like Arpad? Is not Samaria like Damascus?
10. As my hand has reached to the kingdoms of the idols—and their graven images are greater than Jerusalem’s and Samaria’s—
11. Shall I not do to Jerusalem and her idols as I have done to Samaria and her idols?’ ”
12. Therefore, it shall come to pass, when the LORD has finished all His work on Mount Zion and on Jerusalem, “I will punish the fruit of the arrogant heart of the king of Assyria and for the haughty look in his eyes.”
13. For he says, “By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am wise. And I have removed the bounds of the people, and have plundered their treasures, and I have put down the people like a strong man.
14. And my hand has found the riches of the people as a nest; and as one gathers eggs that are left, I have gathered all the earth; and there was none who moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.”
15. Shall the axe boast itself against him who chops with it? Shall the saw magnify itself against him who wields it? As if the rod itself could swing against those who lift it up! As if the staff should lift up itself, as if it were not wood!
16. Therefore, the Lord, the Lord of hosts, shall send leanness among his fat ones; and under his glory He shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.
17. And the light of Israel shall be as a fire, and His Holy One as a flame; and it shall burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day.
18. And it shall burn up the glory of his forest and of his fruitful field, both soul and body; and they shall be as when a sick one wastes away.
19. And the rest of the trees of his forest shall be so few, that a child might write them down.
20. And it shall come to pass in that day that the remnant of Israel, and those who have escaped of the house of Jacob, shall never again lean upon him who struck them; but lean upon the Lord Who is in truth, the Holy One of Israel.
21. A remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God;
22. For though Your people Israel are like the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them shall return; a destruction is determined, overflowing with righteousness.
23. For the Lord GOD of hosts shall make a full end, as ordained, in the midst of all the earth.
24. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD of hosts, “O My people who dwell in Zion, do not fear Assyria. He shall strike you with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against you, as Egypt did;
25. For yet a little while, and the indignation shall cease, and My anger will be to their destruction.”
26. And the LORD of hosts shall stir up a scourge against him according to the slaughter of Midian at the rock of Oreb; and as His rod was over the sea, so shall He lift it up after the manner of Egypt.
27. And it shall come to pass, in that day his burden shall be taken away from off your shoulder, and his yoke from off your neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of fatness.
28. He has come to Aiath, he has passed to Migron; at Michmash he has stored his baggage;
29. They have gone over the pass; they have bedded down at Geba; Ramah is afraid, Gibeah of Saul has fled.
30. Cry with a shrill voice, O daughter of heaps! Hearken O Laish! respond to her O poor Anathoth.
31. Madmenah wanders; the people of Gebim take refuge.
32. Yet he shall remain in Nob today; he shall shake his hand against the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem.
33. Behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, shall lop the bough with terror; and the lofty ones shall be cut down, and the proud shall be humbled.
34. And he shall cut down the thickets of the forest with iron, and Lebanon shall fall by a mighty one.
To turn asideH5186
HRHNcmsaand to stealH1497
HNcmscfrom the poorH6041
HAampcof My people,H5971
HCHTothat they may robH962
HCHTiwill you doH6213
HVqi2mpin the dayH3117
HNcfsaand destruction, in the day of devastationH7722
HCHRHNcfsawhich shall comeH935
HTiwill you fleeH5127
HCHTiwill you leaveH5800
They can do nothingH1115
HCbut to cringeH3766
HVqp3msbut His handH3027
I will send himH7971
HVpi1csHSp3msagainst an ungodlyH2611
HNcmscof My wrath.H5678
HNcfscHSp1csI will command himH6680
HNcmsaand to strip offH962
HNcmsaand to trample themH7760
HRHNcmscin the streets.H2351
Yet he does notH3808
HTndoes his heartH3824
HCit isin his heartH3824
HRHVhcand cut offH3772
HVqp3fsto the kingdomsH4467
HRHNcfpcof the idols—H457
HTdHNcmsaand their graven imagesH6456
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpare greater thanJerusalem'sH3389
Therefore, it shall come to pass,H1961
HNpand on Jerusalem,H3389
HCHRHNp"I will punishH6485
HNcmscof the arrogantH1433
HNcmscof the kingH4428
HNcfscin his eyes."H5869
HVqp3ms"By the strengthH3581
HRHNcmscof my handH3027
HNcbscHSp1csI have doneH6213
HVqp1csit, and by my wisdom;H2451
HCI am wise.H995
HVNp1csAnd I have removedH5493
HNcfpcof the people,H5971
HNcmpaand have plunderedH8154
HCHAampcHSp3mpand I have put downH3381
HVqrmpalike a strong man.H47
And my handH3027
HRHNcmscof the peopleH5971
HTdHNcmpaas a nest;H7064
HRdHNcmsaand as one gathersH622
HTdHNcbsaand there was noneH3808
Shall the axeH1631
HRhim who chopsH2672
HRhim who wields it?H5130
HVhrmscHSp3msAs if the rodH7626
HCHToagainst those who lift it up!H7311
HVhrmpcHSp3msAs if the staffH4294
HNcmsashould lift upH7311
HRHVhcitself, as if it werenotH3808
HNcmsaamong his fat ones;H4924
HNcmsalike the burningH3350
HRHNcmscof a fire.H784
And the lightH216
HCHVqq3msas a fire,H784
HRHNcbsaand His Holy OneH6918
HCHAamscHSp3msas a flame;H3852
HRHNcfsaand it shall burnH1197
HNcmscHSp3msand his briersH8068
And it shall burn upH3615
HCHNcbscof his forestH3293
HNcmscHSp3msand of his fruitful field,H3759
HNcmsaand they shall beH1961
HCHVqq3msas when a sickH5263
HVqrmsaone wastes away.H4549
And it shall come to passH1961
HRdHNcmsathat the remnantH7605
HNpand those who have escapedH6413
HCHNcfscof the houseH1004
HRhim who struck them;H5221
HNpWho is in truth,H571
HRHNcfsathe Holy OneH6918
HVqi3mslike the sandH2344
HRHNcmscof the sea,H3220
HNcbpa"O My peopleH5971
HRHNpHe shall strike youH5221
HVhi3msHSp2mswith a rod,H7626
HRdHNcmsaand shall lift upH5375
And the LORDH3068
HNcbpashall stir upH5782
HRHSp3msaccording to the slaughterH4347
HNpat the rockH6697
HNpand as His rodH4294
HTdHNcmsaso shall He lift it upH5375
HCHVqq3msHSp3msafter the mannerH1870
And it shall come to pass,H1961
HNcmscHSp3msshall be taken awayH5493
HNcmscHSp2msand his yokeH5923
HNcmscHSp2msand the yokeH5923
HNcmsashall be destroyedH2254
HNcmscof the daughterH1323
HRHNcfsaand the loftyH7311
HTdHNcfsashall becut down,H1438
HVqsmpaand the proudH1364
HCHTdHAampashall be humbled.H8213
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved