1. The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz saw:
2. “Lift up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice to them, wave the hand, so that they may go into the gates of the nobles.
3. I have commanded My holy ones, I have also called My mighty ones for My anger, even those who rejoice in My triumph.”
4. The noise of a multitude in the mountains, as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together; the LORD of hosts gathers an army for the battle.
5. They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, the LORD and the weapons of His indignation, to destroy the whole earth.
6. Howl! For the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
7. Therefore, all hands shall be faint, and every man’s heart shall melt;
8. And they shall be afraid. Pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them. They shall be in pain like a woman who travails. They shall be amazed at one another, their faces are like blazing fire.
9. Behold, the day of the LORD comes, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to make the earth a desolation; and He shall destroy the sinners out of it,
10. For the stars of the heavens and their constellations shall not give light; the sun shall be darkened in its going forth, and the moon shall not reflect its light.
11. “And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the tyrants.
12. I will make man more scarce than gold; even man more than the fine gold of Ophir.
13. Therefore, I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall move out of its place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of His fierce anger.
14. And it shall be as a hunted gazelle, and as sheep without a shepherd; each man shall look to his own people, and each one shall flee into his own land.
15. Everyone who is found shall be thrust through; and everyone who is captured shall fall by the sword.
16. And their children shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be plundered, and their wives raped.
17. Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, who shall not value silver; and they shall not delight in gold.
18. And their bows shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.
19. And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the majestic beauty of the Chaldees, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
20. It shall never be inhabited forever, nor shall people dwell in it from generation to generation; nor shall the Arabian pitch his tent there; nor shall the shepherds make their flocks to lie down there.
21. But the wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of howling creatures; and ostriches shall dwell there, and he-goats shall dance there.
22. And hyenas shall cry in their towers, and jackals in their luxuriant palaces. Yea, her time is coming near, and her days shall not be prolonged.”
HNcbsaso that they may goH935
HCHVqj3mpinto the gatesH6607
HNcmpcof the nobles.H5081
HVpp1csMy holy ones,H6942
HRHVPsmpcHSp1csI have alsoH1571
HVqp1csMy mighty onesH1368
HAampcHSp1csfor My anger,H639
HRHNcmscHSp1cseventhose who rejoiceH5947
HAampcin My triumph."H1346
HNcmscof a multitudeH1995
HNcmsain the mountains,H2022
HNcfscof a greatH7227
HNcmscof the kingdomsH4467
HNcbscfor the battle.H4421
HVqrmpafrom a farH4801
HRHNcbscfrom the endH7097
HNpand the weaponsH3627
HCHNcmpcof His indignation,H2195
And they shall be afraid.H926
HCHNcmpashall take holdH270
HVqi3mpHSnof them. They shall be in painH2342
HVqi3mpHSnlikea woman who travails.H3205
HRdHVqrfsaThey shall be amazedH8539
HNcbpcare like blazing fire.H3851
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HAamsaboth with wrathH5678
HRHNcfsaand He shall destroyH8045
HCHAampcHSp3fsout of it,H4480
HNcmpcof the heavensH8064
HTdHNcmpaand their constellationsH3685
HTdHNcbsashall be darkenedH2821
HVqp3msin its going forth,H3318
HRHVqcHSp3msand the moonH3394
"And I will punishH6485
HNcfsafor their evil,H7451
HAampafor their iniquity;H5771
HNcbscHSp3mpand I will cause the arrogancyH1347
HNcmscof the proudH2086
HCHVhq1csand will lay lowH8213
HCHNcfscof the tyrants.H6184
HTmI will shakeH7264
HNcmpaand the earthH776
HCHVqi3fsout of its place,H4725
HRHNcmscHSp3fsin the wrathH5678
HRHNcfscof the LORDH3068
HNcbpaand in the dayH3117
HCHRHNcmscof His fierceH639
And it shall beH1961
HCHVqq3msas a huntedH5080
HRHNcbsaand as sheepH6629
HRhis own people,H5971
HNcmscHSp3msand each oneH376
HRhis own land.H776
And their childrenH5768
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpshall be dashed to piecesH7376
HVPi3mpbefore their eyes;H5869
HNcmpcHSp3mpshall be plundered,H8155
HVNi3mpand their wivesH802
HTmHSp1csI will stir upH5782
HNcmsaand they shall notH3808
And their bowsH7198
HCHNcfpashall dash the young menH5288
HVpi3fpand they shall have noH3808
HCHNcmscof the womb;H990
HNcmscof the Chaldees,H3778
HCHVqq3fsas when GodH430
It shall neverH3808
HCHTnshall people dwellH7931
HVqi3fsin it fromH5704
HCHTnshall the ArabianH6163
HNgmsapitch his tentH167
HTnshall the shepherdsH7462
HCHVqrmpamake their flocks to lie downH7257
But the wild beasts of the desertH6728
HDand their housesH1004
HNcmpcHSp3mpshall be fullH4390
HCHVqq3cpof howling creatures;H255
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved