1. Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, and rely on horses and trust in chariots because they are many; and in horsemen because they are so very strong, but they do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor do they seek the LORD!
2. Yet He also is wise, and will bring evil, and will not call back His words, but will arise against the house of evildoers and against the help of those who work lawlessness.
3. The Egyptians are men, and not God; and their horses are flesh, and not Spirit. When the LORD shall stretch out His hand, both he who helps shall stumble, and he who is helped shall fall down, and they shall all perish together,
4. For thus has the LORD spoken to me, “As the lion roars, even the young lion on his prey, though a multitude of shepherds are gathered against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor fret himself because of their noise. So the LORD of hosts shall come down to fight on Mount Zion, and upon its hill.
5. As hovering birds, the LORD of hosts will defend Jerusalem; also defending, He will deliver it; and passing over He will rescue it.”
6. Turn to Him against Whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted,
7. For in that day every man shall reject his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which your hands have made for yourselves— for sin.
8. “Then Assyria shall fall with the sword—not of a man; and the sword, not of mankind—and it shall devour him, for he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall become tributary.
9. And his stronghold will fall by reason of terror and his rulers shall be afraid of the banner,” says the LORD, Whose fire is in Zion, and His furnace in Jerusalem.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved