1. Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, and rely on horses and trust in chariots because they are many; and in horsemen because they are so very strong, but they do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor do they seek the LORD!
2. Yet He also is wise, and will bring evil, and will not call back His words, but will arise against the house of evildoers and against the help of those who work lawlessness.
3. The Egyptians are men, and not God; and their horses are flesh, and not Spirit. When the LORD shall stretch out His hand, both he who helps shall stumble, and he who is helped shall fall down, and they shall all perish together,
4. For thus has the LORD spoken to me, “As the lion roars, even the young lion on his prey, though a multitude of shepherds are gathered against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor fret himself because of their noise. So the LORD of hosts shall come down to fight on Mount Zion, and upon its hill.
5. As hovering birds, the LORD of hosts will defend Jerusalem; also defending, He will deliver it; and passing over He will rescue it.”
6. Turn to Him against Whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted,
7. For in that day every man shall reject his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which your hands have made for yourselves— for sin.
8. “Then Assyria shall fall with the sword—not of a man; and the sword, not of mankind—and it shall devour him, for he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall become tributary.
9. And his stronghold will fall by reason of terror and his rulers shall be afraid of the banner,” says the LORD, Whose fire is in Zion, and His furnace in Jerusalem.
HTjto those who go downH3381
HCthey are so veryH3966
HVqp3cpbut they do notH3808
HRthe Holy OneH6918
HTndo they seekH1875
HAamsaand will bringH935
HAamsaand will notH3808
HNcmpcHSp3msbut will ariseH6965
HNcfscof those who workH6466
HNcmsaand their horsesH5483
HNcbsaWhen the LORDH3068
HCHNpshall stretch outH5186
HNcbscHSp3msboth he who helpsH5826
HCHVqq3msand he who is helpedH5826
HVqsmsashall fall down,H5307
HCHVqq3msand they shall allH3605
HDhas the LORDH3068
HVqi3mseven the young lionH3715
HVNi3msof their voice,H6963
HVqi3msbecause of their noise.H1995
HNcbpashall come downH3381
HVqaHe will deliverH5337
HCHVhq3msit; and passing overH6452
HVqaHe will rescueH4422
HNcmscHSp3msand his idolsH457
HCHVqq3mswith the sword—H2719
HTnof a man;H376
HNcmsaand the sword,H2719
HNcmsaandit shall devour him,H398
HNcfsaand his young menH1961
And his strongholdH5553
HVqi3msby reason of terrorH4032
HRHNcmsaand his rulersH8269
HNcmpcHSp3msshall be afraidH2865
HCHVqq3cpof the banner,"H5251
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved