1. Woe to the destroyer, and you who have not been destroyed; and to the treacherous one, for they have not dealt treacherously with you. When you stop destroying, you shall be destroyed. When you stop dealing treacherously, they shall deal treacherously with you.
2. O LORD, be gracious to us; we have waited for You; be their arm every morning; our salvation also in the time of trouble.
3. At the noise of the tumult the people fled; at the lifting up of Yourself the nations were scattered.
4. And your spoil shall be gathered as the stripping locust gathers; as the running to and fro of locusts they shall run upon them.
5. The LORD is exalted, for He dwells on high. He has filled Zion with justice and righteousness.
6. And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of your times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.
7. Behold, their mighty ones shall cry outside; the messengers of peace shall weep bitterly.
8. The highways lie waste, the traveler ceases. He has broken the covenant. He has despised the cities. He cared for no man.
9. The earth mourns and languishes. Lebanon is ashamed; Sharon withers away like a wilderness; Bashan and Carmel are shaking off their leaves.
10. “Now I will arise,” says the LORD; “Now I will be exalted, now I will lift up Myself.
11. You shall conceive chaff, you shall bring out stubble; Your breath is like a fire that shall devour you.
12. And the people shall be like the burnings of lime; like thorns cut down, they shall be burned in the fire.
13. You who are far off, hear what I have done; and you who are near, acknowledge My might.”
14. The sinners in Zion are afraid; terror has seized the ungodly. “Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?”
15. He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly; he who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands free from holding bribes, who stops his ear from hearing of blood, and shuts his eyes from looking upon evil;
16. He shall dwell on high; his refuge shall be the strongholds of rocks; bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
17. Your eyes shall see the king in his beauty; they shall behold the land that is very far off.
18. Your heart shall muse on the terror. “Where is the scribe? Where is the one who weighed? Where is the one who counted the towers?”
19. You shall no longer see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than you can understand; of a foreign tongue that no one understands.
20. Look upon Zion, the city of our holy gatherings; your eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet home, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of its stakes shall ever be removed, nor shall any of its cords be broken.
21. But there the glorious LORD will be to us a place of broad rivers and streams, in which no galley with oars shall go, nor shall a mighty ship pass by it,
22. For the LORD is our Judge, the LORD is our Lawgiver, the LORD is our King; He will save us.
23. Your ropes are loosened, they do not hold the base of the mast; they could not spread the sail. Then the prey of a great spoil shall be divided; the lame take the prey.
24. And the inhabitant shall not say, “I am sick;” the people who dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.
HCHPp2mswho have notH3808
HVqsmsaand to the treacherous one,H898
HCHVqrmsafor they have notH3808
HRHSp3msWhen you stopH8552
HVqrmsayou shall be destroyed.H7703
HVQi2msWhen you stopH5239
HRHVqcthey shall deal treacherouslyH898
HNpbe gracious to us;H2603
HVqv2msHSp1cpwe have waitedH6960
HTain the timeH6256
And your spoilH7998
HNcmscHSp2mpshall be gatheredH622
HCHVPq3msas the stripping locustH2625
HNcmscasthe running to and froH4944
HNcmpathey shall runH8264
HNcfscof your times,H6256
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HVqp3msHe has brokenH6565
HNcfsaHe has despisedH3988
HCHNpare shaking off their leaves.H5287
He who walksH1980
HNcmpahe who despisesH3988
HNcfdcHSp3msfree from holdingH8551
HNcmscHSp3msshall bethe strongholdsH4679
HVNrmsahim; his watersH4325
HNcmpcHSp3msshall be sure.H539
HVqi3mson the terror.H367
HTiisthe one who weighed?H8254
HTiisthe one who countedH5608
You shall noH3808
HNcmsaof a deeperH6012
HNcfsathan you can understand;H8085
HRHVqcof a foreignH3932
HNcfscof our holy gatherings;H4150
HNcmsathat shall notH1077
HTnbe taken down;H6813
HTnone of its stakesH3489
HCHNcmscof its cordsH2256
HNpwill beto usHl
HTnshall a mightyH117
HCHNcmsapass by it,H5674
HVNp3cpthey do notH1077
HNcmscof the mast;H8650
HNcmscHSp3mpthey could notH1077
HNcmscof a greatH4766
HNcmsashall be divided;H2505
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved