1. Righteous are You, O LORD, that I might plead with You; yet let me speak with You about Your judgments. Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why are all they happy who deal treacherously?
2. You have planted them; yea, they take root. They grow, yea, they bring forth fruit. You are near in their mouth and far from their reins.
3. But You, O LORD, know me. You have seen me and tried my heart toward You. Pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and devote them for the day of slaughter.
4. How long shall the land mourn, and the grass of every field wither from the evil of those who dwell in it? The beasts and the birds have been destroyed because they said, “He shall not see our final end.”
5. “If you have run with footmen, and they wore you out, then how can you compete with horses? And if you feel secure in the land of peace, how then will you do in the thick brush of the Jordan?
6. For even your brethren and the house of your father, even they have dealt treacherously with you. Yea, they have called aloud against you. Do not believe them, even if they speak good things to you.
7. I have forsaken My house; I have left My inheritance. I have given the dearly beloved of My soul into the hand of her enemies.
8. My inheritance is to Me as a lion in the forest; she cries out against Me; therefore I have hated her.
9. My inheritance is like a speckled bird to Me; the birds all around are against her. Go, gather all the beasts of the field, bring them to devour.
10. Many shepherds have destroyed My vineyard; they have trampled My portion under foot; they have made My pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
11. They have made it a desolation, it mourns to Me being desolate. The whole land is made desolate because no man lays it to heart.
12. Destroyers have come on all the high places through the wilderness; for the sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land. No flesh shall have peace.
13. They have sown wheat, but shall reap thorns. They wear themselves out, but they do not profit. And they shall be ashamed of their harvests because of the fierce anger of the LORD.”
14. Thus says the LORD, “Against all My evil neighbors who touch the inheritance which I have caused My people Israel to inherit—behold, I will pluck them out of their land, and pluck out the house of Judah from among them.
15.And it shall come to pass after I have plucked them out, I will return and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, each man to his inheritance and each man to his land.
16. And it shall come to pass if they will diligently learn the ways of My people, to swear by My name, ‘As the LORD lives;’ as they taught the people to swear by Baal; then they shall be built in the midst of My people.
17. But if they will not obey, I will utterly uproot and destroy that nation,” says the LORD.
HCI might pleadH7378
HTalet me speakH1696
HRHSp2msabout Your judgments.H4941
HTidoes the wayH1870
HNcbscof the wickedH7563
You have planted them;H5193
HTathey take root.H8327
HTathey bring forthH6213
HAamsain their mouthH6310
HCHAamsafrom their reins.H3629
HVqp2msHSp1csYou have seen meH7200
HRHSp2msPull them outH5423
HRHNcbsafor the slaughter,H2878
HRHNcfsaand devote themH6942
HCHVhv2msHSp3mpfor the dayH3117
HTishall the landH776
HVqi3fsand the grassH6212
HVqi3msfrom the evilH7451
HRHNcfscof those who dwellH3427
HNcfpaand the birdsH5775
HCHNcmsahave been destroyedH5595
HVqp3cp"He shall notH3808
HToour final end."H319
HAampaand they wore you out,H3811
HCHTican you competeH8474
HTdHNcmpaAnd if you feel secureH982
HVqrmsain the landH776
HCHTithen will you doH6213
HVqi2msin the thick brushH1347
HRHNcmscof the Jordan?H3383
HNcmpcHSp2msand the houseH1004
HCHNcmscof your father,H1
HNcmscHSp2mseven they have dealt treacherouslyH898
I have forsakenH5800
HNcmscHSp1csI have leftH5203
HNcfscHSp1csI have givenH5414
HTothe dearly belovedH3033
HNcfscof My soulH5315
HNcbscHSp1csinto the handH3709
HRHNcfscof her enemies.H341
HRHSp1csas a lionH738
HRHNcmsain the forest;H3293
HRdHNcmsashe cries outH5414
HTmI have hated her.H8130
HNcfscHSp1csis likea speckledH6641
HVqv2mpall the beastsH2416
HNcfscof the field,H7704
HNcbscHSp1csthey have trampledH947
HNcfscHSp1csunder foot; they have madeH5414
They have madeH7760
HVqp3msHSp3fsit a desolation,H8076
HNcmsalays it toH5921
HNcmscthe high placesH8205
HNcmpathrough the wilderness;H4057
HNcfsaof the LORDH3068
HVqrfsafrom the one endH7097
HRHNcbscof the landH776
HCHRthe other endH7097
HNcbscof the land.H776
HNcmsashall have peace.H7965
They have sownH2232
HNcfpabut shall reapH7114
HCHNcmpaThey wear themselves out,H2470
HVNp3cpbutthey do notH3808
HVhi3mpAnd they shall be ashamedH954
HCHVqv2mpof their harvestsH8393
HRHNcfpcHSp2mpbecause of the fierceH2740
HTaof the LORD."H3068
HToI have caused My peopleH5971
HTmHSp1cswill pluck them outH5428
HVqrmscHSp3mpof their land,H127
And it shall come to passH1961
HRI have plucked them out,H5428
HToHSp3mpI will returnH7725
HVqi1csand have compassion on them,H7355
HCHVpq1csHSp3mpand will bring them again,H7725
HNcmsato his inheritanceH5159
HRHNcfscHSp3msand each manH376
HCHNcmsato his land.H776
And it shall come to passH1961
HCthey will diligentlyH3925
HNcbpcof My people,H5971
HRHVNcby My name,H8034
HRHNcmscHSp1cs'As the LORDH3068
HRdHNpthen they shall be builtH1129
HCHVNq3cpin the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof My people.H5971
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved