1. “The sin of Judah is engraved with a pen of iron, with the point of a diamond; it is carved upon the tablet of their heart and upon the horns of your altars;
2. While their children remember their altars and their Asherim beside every green tree on the high hills.
3. O My mountain in the field, I will give your wealth and all your treasures for spoil, and your high places because of sin, throughout all your borders.
4. And you, even of yourself, have let go of the inheritance which I gave you; and I will cause you to serve your enemies in a land which you do not know. For you have kindled a fire in My anger, which shall burn forever.”
5. Thus says the LORD, “Cursed is the man who trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departs from the LORD.
6. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes. But he shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land that is not inhabited.
7. Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD and whose hope is the LORD.
8. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters; it sends out its roots by the river, and it shall not fear when the heat comes, but its foliage shall be green; and he is not worried in the year of drought, nor will it cease from yielding fruit.
9. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
10. I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.
11. As the quail that hatches eggs it has not laid; in the same way he who gets riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the middle of his days, and in his end he shall be a fool.”
12. A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary.
13. O LORD, the Hope of Israel, all who forsake You shall be ashamed. “Those who depart from Me shall be written in the earth because they have forsaken the LORD, the Fountain of living waters.”
14. Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed, save me, and I shall be saved; for You are my praise.
15. Behold, they say to me, “Where is the Word of the LORD? Let it come now!”
16. As for me, I have not hurried away from being a shepherd to follow after You; nor have I desired the woeful day;You surely know it. That which came out of my lips was manifest before You.
17. Do not be a terror to me; You are my refuge in the day of evil.
18. Let those who persecute me be ashamed, but do not let me be ashamed; let them be afraid, but do not let me be afraid. Bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.
19. Thus the LORD said to me, “Go and stand in the gates of the children of the people, by which the kings of Judah come in, and by which they go out, and in all the gates of Jerusalem.
20. And say to them, ‘Hear the Word of the LORD, kings of Judah, and all Judah, and all the people of Jerusalem who enter in by these gates!
21. Thus says the LORD, “Take heed to yourselves, and carry no burden on the Sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem.
22. Nor carry out a burden from your houses on the Sabbath day, nor do any work, but keep the Sabbath day holy, as I commanded your fathers.
23. But they did not obey, nor inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff, so that they might not hear nor receive instruction.
24. And it shall be, if you diligently hearken to Me,” says the LORD, “to bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the Sabbath day, but keep the Sabbath day holy, to do no work in it;
25. Then kings and rulers sitting on the throne of David shall enter into the gates of this city, riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their rulers, the men of Judah, and the people of Jerusalem. And this city shall remain forever.
26. And they shall come from the cities of Judah, and from the places about Jerusalem, and from the land of Benjamin, and from the plain, and from the mountains, and from the south, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and grain offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise to the house of the LORD.
27. But if you will not hearken to Me to keep the Sabbath day holy, and not to carry a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the Sabbath day; then I will kindle a fire in its gates, and it will devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it will not be put out.” ’ ”
HVqsfsawith a penH5842
HNcmsawith the pointH6856
HRHNcmscof a diamond;H8068
HNcmscof their heartH3820
HNcmscHSp3mpand upon the hornsH7161
HCHRHNcbpcof your altars;H4196
While their childrenH1121
HNcmpcHSp3mpand their AsherimH842
O My mountainH2042
HNcmscHSp1csin the field,H7704
HRdHNcmsaI will giveH5414
HRHNcmsaandyour high placesH1116
HNcfpcHSp2msbecause of sin,H2403
And you, even of yourself,Hb
HCHRHSp2mshave let goH8058
HCHVqq2msof the inheritanceH5159
HRHSp2msand I will cause you to serveH5647
HVqrmpcHSp2msin a landH776
HTryou do notH3808
HCyou have kindledH6919
HNcbsain My anger,H639
HNcbscHSp3msand whose heartH3820
For he shall beH1961
HCHVqq3mslike a shrubH6176
HRHNcmsain the desert,H6160
HRdHNcfsaand shall notH3808
HVqi3msBut he shall inhabitH7931
HCHVqq3msthe parched placesH2788
HNcmpain the wilderness,H4057
HNcbscthat is notH3808
HVqi3msin the LORDH3068
HRHNpand whose hopeH4009
For he shall beH1961
HCHVqq3mslike a treeH6086
HNcmsaand it shall notH3808
HVqi3msbut its foliageH5929
HAamsaand he is notH3808
HVqi3msin the yearH8141
HCHTnwill it ceaseH4185
HAamsaabove all things,H3605
HRHNcmsaand desperately wicked;H605
HNcfpaeven to giveH5414
HCHRHVqcto each manH376
HRHNcmsaaccording to his ways,H1870
HRHNcbpcHSp3msaccording to the fruitH6529
HRHNcmscof his doings.H4611
As the quailH7124
HNcmsathat hatches eggsH1716
HVqp3msit has notH3808
HVqp3msin the same way he who getsH6213
HRHNcmsashall leave themH5800
HVqi3msHSp3msin the middleH2677
HRHNcmscof his days,H3117
HNcmpcHSp3msand in his endH319
HCHRHNcfscHSp3mshe shall beH1961
HNcmscfrom the beginningH7223
HNcmscof our sanctuary.H4720
HNcmscwho forsake YouH5800
HVqrmpcHSp2msshall be ashamed.H954
HVqi3mp"Those who depart from MeH5493
HCHVqrmpcHSp1csshall be writtenH3789
HVNi3mpin the earthH776
HCthey have forsakenH5800
HNpand I shall be healed,H7495
HVhv2msHSp1csand I shall be saved;H3467
HNcmscof the LORD?H3068
HNpLet it comeH935
As for me,H589
HCHPp1csI have notH3808
HVqp1csfrom being a shepherdH7462
HRHVqrmsato follow after You;H310
HTnhave I desiredH183
HVqp2msit. That which came outH4161
HNcmscof my lipsH8193
HNcmscHSp1csin the dayH3117
Let those who persecute meH7291
HVqj3mpbut do notH408
HVNj3mpbut do notH408
HNcfsaand destroy themH7665
HCHVqq2msin the gatesH8179
HRHNcmscof the childrenH1121
HNcmpcof the people,H5971
HVqi3mpand by whichH834
HRHSp3msthey go out,H3318
HVqi3mpand in allH3605
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpwho enter inH935
HNcmsaon the SabbathH7676
HRHNcmscnor bring it inH935
HCHVhq2mpby the gatesH8179
HNcmsafrom your housesH1004
HRHNcmpcHSp2mpon the SabbathH7676
But they did notH3808
HTobut made their neckH6203
HCHVhw3mpso that they might notH1115
And it shall be,H1961
HNp"to bring inH935
HNcmsathrough the gatesH8179
HTdHNcfsaon the SabbathH7676
HNcmscholy, to doH6213
HCHVqq3cpinto the gatesH8179
HRdHNcmsaand on horses,H5483
HPp3mpand their rulers,H8269
HNpand the peopleH3427
And they shall comeH935
HCHVqp3cpfrom the citiesH5892
HNpand from the placesH5439
HTdHNcmsaand from the south,H5045
HCHNcmsaand grain offerings,H4503
HCHVhrmpcsacrifices of praiseH8426
HNcfsato the houseH1004
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HCHCyou will notH3808
HNcmscholy, and notH1115
HNcmsaeven entering inH935
HCHVqcat the gatesH8179
HNpon the SabbathH7676
HRHNcmscthen I will kindleH3341
HNcbsain its gates,H8179
HRHNcmpcHSp3fsand it will devourH398
HNpand it will notH3808
HCHTnbe put out."’”H3518
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved