2. “Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD, “I remember you, the kindness of your youth, the love of your betrothals, when you went after Me in the wilderness, in a land not sown.
3. Israel was holiness to the LORD, and the firstfruits of His increase. All that devour him shall be held guilty; evil shall come on them,” says the LORD.’ ”
4. Hear the Word of the LORD, O house of Jacob, and all the families of the house of Israel.
5. Thus says the LORD, “What injustice have your fathers found in Me, that they have gone far from Me and have walked after vanity, and have become vain?
6. Nor did they say, ‘Where is the LORD Who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, Who led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of dry places, and of deep darkness, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man lived?’
7. And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat its fruit and its goodness; but when you entered, you defiled My land and made My inheritance an abomination.
8. The priests did not say, ‘Where is the LORD?’ And they who handle the law did not know Me; the rulers also rebelled against Me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal and walked after things that do not profit.
9. Therefore I will contend with you,” says the LORD, “and against your children’s children I will contend.
10. For pass over the coasts of Kittim, and see; and send to Kedar, and carefully consider, and see if there has ever been such a thing as this.
11. Has a nation changed their gods who are yet no gods? But My people have changed their glory for that which does not profit.
12. Be amazed, O heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid; be utterly desolated,” says the LORD,
13. “For My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken Me, the Fountain of living waters, and hewn out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
14. Is Israel a servant? Or is he a servant of the house? Why has he become a prey?
15. The young lions roared against him; they gave their voice. And they made his land a waste; his cities are burned without inhabitant.
16. Also the sons of Noph and Tahpanhes have shaved the crown of your head.
17. Have you not brought this on yourself, in that you have forsaken the LORD your God, when He led you by the way?
18. And now what profit is there in going the way of Egypt, to drink the waters of Sihor? Or what have you to do in the way of Assyria, to drink the waters of the River?
19. Your own evil shall correct you, and your backslidings shall reprove you; therefore know and see that it is an evil and bitter thing that you have forsaken the LORD your God, and that My fear is not in you,” says the Lord GOD of hosts.
20. “For of old time you broke your yoke and tore up your bonds; and you said, ‘I will not serve,’ yea, upon every high hill and under every green tree you lay down like a harlot.
21. Yet I planted you a noble vine, wholly a true seed. How then have you turned into the degenerate shoots of an alien vine to Me?
22. For though you wash yourself with potash, and multiply soap for yourself, yet your iniquity is marked before Me,” declares the Lord GOD.
23. “How can you say, ‘I am not defiled; I have not gone after the Baalim’? See your way in the valley, know what you have done! You are a swift camel traversing its ways;
24. A wild donkey used to the wilderness; in the desire of her passion she snuffs at the wind; in her time of mating who can turn her away? All those who seek her will not weary themselves; in her month they will find her.
25. Withhold your foot from being unshod, and your throat from thirst. But you said, ‘There is no hope; no; for I have loved strangers, and after them I will go.’
26. As the thief is ashamed when he is found, so is the house of Israel ashamed; they, their kings, their rulers, and their priests, and their prophets;
27. Saying to a tree, ‘You are my father,’ and to a stone, ‘You gave me birth.’ For they have turned their back to Me, and not their face; but in the time of their trouble they will say, ‘Arise and save us!’
28. But where are your gods that you have made for yourselves? Let them arise, if they can save you in the time of your trouble; for according to the number of your cities are your gods, O Judah.
29. Why will you contend with Me? You all have sinned against Me,” says the LORD.
30. “In vain I have stricken your children; they received no correction. Your own sword has devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion.
31. O generation, see the Word of the LORD. Have I been a wilderness to Israel, or a land of thick darkness? Why do My people say, ‘We roam freely; we will come no more to You’?
32. Can a virgin forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? Yet My people have forgotten Me days without number.
33. How you carefully plan your way to seek love. Therefore, even the wicked women you have taught your ways.
34. Also in your skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents; though you did not catch them breaking in.
35. Yet, in spite of all these things you say, ‘Because I am innocent, surely His anger shall turn from me.’ Behold, I will pass judgment on you because you say, ‘I have not sinned.’
36. Why do you go about so much to change your way? You also shall be ashamed of Egypt, as you were ashamed of Assyria.
37. Yes, you shall go out from this place , with your hands on your head. For the LORD has rejected those in whom you trust, and you will not prosper by them.”
HCHVqq2msin the earsH241
HNcmscof your youth,H5271
HNcfscof your betrothals,H3623
HNcfpcHSp2fswhen you wentH3212
HRHSp1csin the wilderness,H4057
HRdHNcmsain a landH776
HNcmsato the LORD,H3068
HRHNpand the firstfruitsH7225
HNcfscof His increase.H8393
HNcmscthat devour himH398
HVqrmpcHSp3msshall be held guilty;H816
HNcbsahave your fathersH1
HCthey have gone farH7368
HRHRHSp1csand have walkedH3212
HTdHNcmsaand have become vain?H1891
HCHTndid they say,H559
HNpWho brought usH853
HTdHVhrmsaout of the landH776
HToHSp1cpthrough the wilderness,H4057
HRdHNcmsathrough a landH776
HNcfsaand of pits,H7745
HCHNcfsathrough a landH776
HRHNcbscof dry places,H6723
HNcfsaand of deep darkness,H6757
HCHNcmsathrough a landH776
And I broughtH935
HNcmscHSp3fsand its goodness;H2898
HCHNcmscHSp3fsbut when you entered,H935
HNpAnd they who handleH8610
HRHSp1csand the prophetsH5030
HCHRthings that do notH3808
HRHDI will contendH7378
HNcmpcI will contend.H7378
HTmthere has ever beenH1961
HVqp3fssuch athing as this.H2063
Has a nationH1471
HCHPp3mpare yet noH3808
HNcmpaBut My peopleH5971
HNcbscHSp3msfor that which does notH3808
HNcfpathey have forsakenH5800
HNcmpaand hewn outH2672
The young lionsH3715
HNcmscHSp3mpAnd they madeH7896
Have you notH3808
HRHSp2fsin that you have forsakenH5800
HRHNcbscHe led youH3212
HVhrmscHSp2fsby the way?H1870
HTiprofit is thereHl
HRHSp2fsin going the wayH1870
HRHSp2fsto do in the wayH1870
HNcmpcof the River?H5104
Your own evilH7451
HNcfscHSp2fsshall correct you,H3256
HVpi3fsHSp2fsand your backslidingsH4878
HCHNcfpcHSp2fsshall reprove you;H3198
HCit isan evilH7451
HCHAamsathingthat you have forsakenH5800
HNcmpcHSp2fsand that My fearH6345
HCof old timeH5769
HNcbpcHSp2fsand you said,H559
HCHVqw2fs'I will notH3808
HVqp1csHSp2fsa noble vine,H8321
HCHTithen have you turnedH2015
HVNp2fsinto the degenerateH5494
HAampcshoots ofan alienH5237
HCyou wash yourselfH3526
HTican you say,H559
HVqi2fs'I am notH3808
HVNp1csI have notH3808
HNcbscHSp2fsin the valley,H1516
HTiyou have done!H6213
HVqp2fsYou area swiftH7031
A wild donkeyH6501
HAamscto the wilderness;H4057
HNcmsain the desire of herH5315
HVqp3fsat the wind;H7307
HNcbsainher time of matingH8385
HNcfscHSp3fswho can turn her away?H7725
HVqi3mpin her monthH2320
HRHNcmscHSp3fsthey will find her.H4672
HNcfscHSp2fsfrom being unshod,H3182
HRHAamsaand your throatH1627
HRHNcfsaBut you said,H559
HCHVqw2fs'There is no hope;H2976
HCI have lovedH157
HAampaand after themH310
HCHRHSp3mpI will go.'H3212
As the thiefH1590
HChe is found,H4672
HTmis the houseH1004
HNcmpcHSp3mpand their priests,H3548
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpand their prophets;H5030
HVqrmpato a tree,H6086
HNcmscHSp1csand to a stone,H68
HPp2fsgave me birth.'H3205
HCthey have turnedH6437
HNcbpabut in the timeH6256
HCHRHNcbscof their troubleH7451
HNcfscHSp3mpthey will say,H559
HVqv2msHShand save us!'H3467
HTryou have madeH6213
HRHSp2fsLet them arise,H6965
HCthey can save youH3467
HVhi3mpHSp2msin the timeH6256
HRHNcbscof your trouble;H7451
HCaccording to the numberH4557
HNcmscof your citiesH5892
HRdHNcmsaI have strickenH5221
HNcmsaYour own swordH2719
HNcmpcHSp2mplike a destroyingH7843
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HNpHave I beenH1961
HNcbscof thick darkness?H3991
HTido My peopleH5971
HVqp1cpfreely; we will comeH935
Can a virginH1330
HNcmpcHSp3fsYet My peopleH5971
HCHNcmscHSp1cshave forgotten MeH7911
HTiyou carefully planH3190
HTothe wicked womenH7451
HTdHNcfpayou have taughtH3925
HTain your skirtsH3671
HNcmscof the soulsH5315
HNcbpcof the poorH34
HCyou did notH3808
Yet, in spite ofH5921
HCI am innocent,H5352
HTmHSp1csI will pass judgmentH8199
HVqcHSp2fs'I have notH3808
HTido you go aboutH235
HTashall be ashamedH954
HRHTryou were ashamedH954
HTayou shall go outH3318
HVqp3msthose in whom you trust,H4009
HRHNcmpcHSp2fsand you will notH3808
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved