1. When Pashhur the son of Immer the priest (he was chief officer in the house of the LORD) heard Jeremiah prophesying these things,
2. Then Pashhur struck Jeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the upper Benjamin Gate, which was by the house of the LORD.
3. And it came to pass on the next day, Pashhur brought Jeremiah out of the stocks. Then Jeremiah said to him, “The LORD has not called your name Pashhur, but Terror from All Around.
4. For thus says the LORD, ‘Behold, I will make you a terror to yourself and to all your friends. And they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and your eyes shall behold it. And I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he will exile them into Babylon, and kill them with the sword.
5. And I will give all the wealth of this city, and its produce, and all its precious things, and all the treasures of the kings of Judah, even I will give it into the hand of their enemies; who will strip them and take them, and bring them to Babylon.
6. And you, Pashhur, and all who dwell in your house, shall go into captivity. And you shall come to Babylon, and you shall die there, and shall be buried there; you and all your friends to whom you have prophesied lies.’ ”
7. O LORD, You have enticed me, and I was deceived. You are stronger than I, and You have prevailed. I am in derision all the day; everyone laughs at me.
8. For whenever I speak, I cry out, I cry violence and ruin; for the Word of the LORD has been a reproach and a cause of mocking to me all day.
9. But if I say, “I will not mention Him, nor speak in His name any more,” then His Word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I could not stop.
10. For I heard the mocking of many, “Terror is all around!” “Denounce! Yea, let us denounce him!” Every man of my peace is watching for my fall, saying, “Perhaps he will be lured away, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him.”
11. But the LORD is with me like a mighty, awesome One. Therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not overcome me. They shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not be blessed. Their everlasting shame shall never be forgotten.
12. But, O LORD of hosts, who tries the righteous and sees the reins and the heart, let me see Your vengeance on them. For I have committed my cause to You.
13. Sing to the LORD, praise the LORD; for He has delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers.
14. Cursed is the day in which I was born; let not the day in which my mother bore me be blessed.
15. Cursed is the man who brought news to my father, saying, “A man child is born to you;” making him very glad.
16. And let that man be as the cities which the LORD overthrew, and repented not; and let him hear the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noontide;
17. Because he did not kill me from the womb; or that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb always enlarged with me.
18. Why did I come forth from the womb to see labor and sorrow, that my days should be consumed in shame?
HTrwerein the upperH5945
HTrwasby the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof the LORD.H3068
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3mson the next day,H4283
HCTerror from All Around.H4036
HTmHSp1csI will make youH5414
HRHSp2msand to allH3605
HVqrmpcHSp2msAnd they shall fallH5307
HCHVqq3cpby the swordH2719
HRHNcfscof their enemies,H341
HVqrmpcHSp3mpand your eyesH5869
HCHToI will giveH5414
HNpinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the kingH4428
HNpand he will exile themH1540
HNpHSdand kill themH5221
HCHVhq3msHSp3mpwith the sword.H2719
And I will giveH5414
HNcmscits precious things,H3366
HNcmpcof the kingsH4428
HNpevenI will giveH5414
HVqi1csitinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof their enemies;H341
HVqrmpcHSp3mpwho will strip themH962
HCHVqq3cpHSp3mpand take them,H3947
HCHVqq3cpHSp3mpand bring themH935
HVqrmpcin your house,H1004
HRdHNcbsaAnd you shall comeH935
HCHNpand you shall dieH4191
HCHDand shall be buriedH6912
HRHSp3mpyou have prophesiedH5012
HNpYou have enticed me,H6601
HVpp2msHSp1csand I was deceived.H6601
HCHVNw1csYou are stronger than I,H2388
HVqp2msHSp1csand You have prevailed.H3201
HVpi1csI cry out,H2199
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHNcfsaand a cause of mockingH7047
But if I say,H559
HCHVqq1cs"I will notH3808
HVpi1csin His nameH8034
HDthen His Word wasH1961
HCHVqq3msin my heartH3820
HRHNcmscHSp1cslike a burningH1197
HVqsmsain my bones,H6106
HRHNcfpcHSp1csand I am wearyH3811
HCHVNq1cswith holding it in,H3557
HVlcand I couldH3201
HNcmsais all around!"H5439
HVhv2mpYea, let us denounce him!"H5046
HNcmscof my peaceH7965
HVqrmpcfor my fall,H6761
HDhe will be lured away,H6601
HVPi3msand we shall prevailH3201
HRHSp3msand we shall takeH3947
But the LORDH3068
HToHSp1cslike a mighty,H1368
HVNi3mpand they shall notH3808
HVqi3mpme. They shall be greatlyH3966
HCthey shall notH3808
But, O LORDH3068
HNcfpaand the heart,H3820
HCHNcmsalet me seeH7200
HCI have committedH1540
HVqv2mpto the LORD,H3068
HCHe has deliveredH5337
HNcbscof the poorH34
HAamsafrom the handH3027
HRHSp3msI was born;H3205
HTonews to my father,H1
HRHSp2msmaking him veryH8055
And let thatH1931
HCHVqq3msas the citiesH5892
HCHTnand let him hearH8085
HNcfsain the morning,H1242
HRdHNcmsaand the shoutingH8643
HTrhe did notH3808
HVop3msHSp1csfrom the womb;H7358
HRHNcmsaor that my motherH517
HNcfscHSp1csmight have beenH1961
HNcmscHSp1csand her wombH7358
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved