1. “Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture,” says the LORD.
2. Therefore thus says the LORD, God of Israel, against the shepherds who feed My people, “You have scattered My flock, and have driven them away, and have not taken care of them. Behold, I will bring upon you the evil of your doings,” says the LORD.
3. “But I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all the countries where I have driven them, and will bring them again to their fold. And they shall be fruitful and multiply.
4. And I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them. And they shall fear no more, nor be afraid; nor shall they lack anything,” says the LORD.
5. “Behold, the days come,” says the LORD, “that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall do justice and righteousness in the earth.
6. In His days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely. And this is His name by which He shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
7. Therefore, behold, the days come,” says the LORD, “that they shall no more say, ‘The LORD lives, Who brought the children of Israel up out of the land of Egypt;’
8. But, ‘The LORD lives, Who brought up and led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries where He had driven them.’ And they shall dwell in their own land.”
9. As for the prophets my heart within me is broken; all my bones shake. I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine has overcome because of the LORD and because of the words of His holiness.
10. For the land is full of adulterers. Because of swearing the land mourns; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and they wield power unjustly.
11. “For both prophet and priest are ungodly; yea, in My house I have found their evil,” says the LORD.
12. “So their way shall be to them as slippery ways in the darkness; they shall be driven on, and fall in their way; for I will bring evil on them, even the year of their judgment,” says the LORD.
13. “And I have seen repulsive things in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied by Baal and caused My people Israel to go astray.
14. I have also seen in the prophets of Jerusalem a horrible thing; they commit adultery and walk in lies. They also strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that none returns from his evil; they are all of them like Sodom to Me, and her inhabitants like Gomorrah.
15. Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets, ‘Behold, I will feed them wormwood, and make them drink poisonous water; for from the prophets of Jerusalem ungodliness has gone forth into all the land.’ ”
16. Thus says the LORD of hosts, “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They make you vain; they speak a vision from their own heart, not out of the mouth of the LORD.
17. They still say to those who despise Me, ‘The LORD has said, “You shall have peace!” ‘ And they say to everyone who walks after the imagination of his own heart, ‘No evil shall come upon you!’ ”
18. For who has stood in the counsel of the LORD to see and hear His Word? Who has attended to His Word and heard it?
19. Behold, the tempest of the LORD has gone forth in fury, a whirling tempest. It shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
20. The anger of the LORD shall not return, until He has executed and until He has performed the purposes of His heart; in the latter days you shall understand it perfectly.
21. “I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran; I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
22. But if they had stood in My counsel and had caused My people to hear My words, then they would have turned them from their evil way and from the evil of their doings.
23. Am I a God Who is near,” says the LORD, “and not a God afar off?
24. Can anyone hide himself in secret places so that I shall not see him?” says the LORD. “Do I not fill the heavens and earth?” says the LORD.
25. “I have heard what the prophets said, who prophesy lies in My name, saying, ‘I have dreamed, I have dreamed.’
26. How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies and who are prophets of the deceit of their own heart?
27. They scheme to cause My people to forget My name by their dreams which they tell, each one to his neighbor, as their fathers have forgotten My name for Baal.
29. “Is not My Word like a fire?” says the LORD; “and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
30. Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets who steal My words each one from his neighbor.
31. Behold, I am against the prophets who use their tongues and say, ‘He says,’ when I did not say.
32. Behold, I am against those who prophesy false dreams and tell them, and cause My people to go astray by their lies and by their wantonness. Yet I did not send them nor command them; therefore they shall not profit this people at all,” says the LORD.
33. “And when this people, or the prophet, or a priest, shall ask you, saying, ‘What is the oracle of the LORD?’ You shall then say to them, ‘What oracle? I will even forsake you, says the LORD.’
34. And as for the prophet, and the priest, and the people, who shall say, ‘The oracle of the LORD,’ I will even punish that man and his house.”
35. Thus you shall say each one to his neighbor, and each one to his brother, “What has the LORD answered? And what has the LORD spoken?”
36. And you shall mention the oracle of the LORD no more. For every man’s word becomes his own oracle; for you have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD of hosts our God.
37. Thus you shall say to the prophet, “What has the LORD answered you? And what has the LORD spoken?”
38. But since you say, “The oracle of the LORD,”therefore thus says the LORD, “Because you say this word, ‘The oracle of the LORD’—after I have sent to you saying, ‘You shall not say, “The oracle of the LORD” ‘—
39. Therefore, behold, I, even I, will completely forget you, and I will forsake you and the city that I gave to you and your fathers, and cast you out of My presence.
40. And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.”
HNcbscHSp1csand have driven them away,H5080
HCHVhw2mpHSp3mpand have notH3808
HNcmscof your doings,"H4611
HNcfscof My flockH6629
HNcbscHSp1csout of allH3605
HTrI have drivenH5080
HDand will bring them againH7725
HNcbscHSp3fpAnd they shall be fruitfulH6509
And I will set upH6965
HRHSp3mpwho will feed them.H7462
HCHVqq3cpHSp3mpAnd they shall fearH3372
HCHTnshall they lackH6485
HNp"that I will raiseH6965
HNcmsaand a KingH4428
HCHVhq3msand shall doH6213
HCHNcfsain the earth.H776
In His daysH3117
HNpshall be saved,H3467
HTrHe shall be called,H7121
HNp"that they shall noH3808
HNpup out of the landH776
HNcmscof the houseH1004
HNpout of the northH6828
HRHNcbsaand from allH3605
HTrHehad driven them.'H5080
HDAnd they shall dwellH3427
HRtheir own land."H127
As for the prophetsH5030
HVqp1cslike a drunkenH7910
HRHNcmsaand like a manH1397
HNpand because ofH6440
HNcmpcof His holiness.H6944
HVqp3fsthe pleasant placesH4999
HNcfpcof the wildernessH4057
HNcmsaare dried up,H3001
HVqp3cpand their courseH4794
HAafsaand they wield powerH1369
HTain My houseH1004
HRHNcmscHSp1csI have foundH4672
HRHNcfpawaysin the darkness;H653
HRdHNcfsathey shall be driven on,H1760
HCHVqq3cpin their way;Hb
HCI will bringH935
HRHSp3mpeven the yearH8141
HNcfscof their judgment,"H6486
"And I have seenH7200
HNcfsain the prophetsH5030
HToand caused My peopleH5971
HNpto go astray.H8582
I have also seenH7200
HVqp1csin the prophetsH5030
HNpa horrible thing;H8186
HNcfsathey commit adulteryH5003
HRdHNcmsaThey also strengthenH2388
HVhrmpaso that noneH1115
HVqp3cpfrom his evil;H7451
HVqp3cpall of themH3605
HRHSp1csand her inhabitantsH3427
HNcfsaand make them drinkH8248
HNcfsahas gone forthH3318
HNcmpcof the prophetsH5030
HNcmscfrom their own heart,H3820
HTnout of the mouthH6310
HRHNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HVqato those who despise Me,H5006
HNcmsa' And they sayH559
HVqrmsaafter the imaginationH8307
HRHNcfscof his own heart,H3820
HVqp3msin the counselH5475
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVhp3msto His WordH1697
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HNphas gone forthH3318
HCHNcmsaIt shall fall grievouslyH2342
HNcmscof the wicked.H7563
HTaof the LORDH3068
HRHe has executedH6213
HCHRHe has performedH6965
HNcfpcof His heart;H3820
HNcmscHSp3msin the latterH319
HTdHNcmpayou shall understandH995
"I have notH3808
HVqp3cpI have notH3808
HCHCthey had stoodH5975
HVqp3cpin My counselH5475
HToand had caused My peopleH5971
HNcmpcHSp1csthen they would have turned themH7725
HCHVhi3mpHSp3mpfrom their evilH7451
HRHNcbscHSp3mpand from the evilH7455
HCHRHNcmscof their doings.H4611
HVNi3mshimself in secret placesH4565
HRdHNcmpaso that IH589
"I have heardH8085
HNcmsain My name,H8034
HRHVqc'I have dreamed,H2492
HVqp1csI have dreamed.'H2492
HTishall this beH3426
HTiHTmin the heartH3820
HRHNcmscof the prophetsH5030
HTdHNcmsaand who are prophetsH5030
HCHNcmpcof the deceitH8649
HNcfscof their own heart?H3820
HToto cause My peopleH5971
HNcmscHSp1csby their dreamsH2472
HNcmsato his neighbor,H7453
HNcmsalet him tellH5608
HNcmsaAnd he whoH834
HNcmscHSp1cslet him speakH1696
HNpI am againstH5921
HTmHSp1csI am againstH5921
HRthose who prophesyH5012
HNpand tell them,H5608
HToand cause My peopleH5971
HNcmscHSp1csto go astrayH8582
HCHVhw3mpby their liesH8267
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpand by their wantonness.H6350
HVpp1csHSp3mptherefore they shall notH3808
HNcmsashall ask you,H7592
HNcmscof the LORD?'H3068
HNpYou shall then sayH559
HNcmsaI will even forsakeH5203
And as for the prophet,H5030
HCHTdHNcmsaand the priest,H3548
HCHTdHNcmsaand the people,H5971
HNcmscof the LORD,'H3068
HNpI will even punishH6485
HDyou shall sayH559
HNcmscHSp3msand each oneH376
HTihas the LORDH3068
HCHTihas the LORDH3068
And you shall mentionH2142
HCHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVqi3mshis own oracle;H4853
HTdHNcmsafor you have pervertedH2015
HNcmpcof the livingH2416
HNcmpaof the LORDH3068
HCHCsince you say,H559
HNcmscof the LORD,"H3068
HNcmscof the LORD'—H3068
HNpafter I have sentH7971
HRHVqc'You shall notH3808
HNcmscof the LORD"H3068
HTmHSp1cseven I, will completelyH5377
HToHSp2mpand I will forsakeH5203
HRHSp2mpand your fathers,H1
HCHRHNcmpcHSp2mpand cast youout ofH5921
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved