1. The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah. It was the first year of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon;
2. The word which Jeremiah the prophet spoke to all the people of Judah and to all the people of Jerusalem, saying,
3. “From the thirteenth year of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, even to this day, that is the twenty-third year, the Word of the LORD has come to me, and I have spoken to you, speaking again and again. But you have not hearkened.
4. And the LORD has sent to you all His servants the prophets, again and again and sending them again and again; but you have not hearkened nor bowed down your ear to hear.
5. They all said, ‘Turn again now, each one from his evil way, and from the evil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the LORD has given to you and to your fathers forever and ever.
6. And do not go after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and do not provoke Me to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no harm.’ ”
7. “Yet you have not hearkened to Me,” says the LORD, “so that you might provoke Me with the works of your hands, to your own hurt.
8. Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘Because you have not heard My words,
9. Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north,’ says the LORD, ‘and Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant; and will bring them against this land, and against its people, and against all these nations all around you. And I will completely destroy them, and make them a waste, and a hissing, and everlasting ruins.
10. And I will take away from them the voice of rejoicing and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones and the light of the candle.
11. And this whole land shall be a desolation and an astonishment. And these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
12. And it shall be, when seventy years are fulfilled I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, and the land of the Chaldeans,’ says the LORD, ‘for their iniquity, and I will make it an everlasting desolation.
13. And I will bring on that land all My words which I have spoken against it, all that is written in this book which Jeremiah has prophesied against all the nations.
14. For many nations and great kings shall make them slaves, also. And I will repay them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.’ ”
15. For thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, to me, “Take the wine cup of this wrath at My hand, and cause all the nations to whom I shall send you to drink it.
16. And they shall drink, and reel to and fro, and be crazed because of the sword that I will send among them.”
17. Then I took the cup at the LORD’S hand, and made all the nations drink, to whom the LORD had sent me.
18. Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and their kings, and their rulers, to make them a desolation and an astonishment, a hissing, and a curse, (as it is today),
19. Pharaoh, king of Egypt, and his servants, and his rulers, and all his people,
20. And all the mixed people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Gaza, and Ekron, and the rest of Ashdod;
21. Edom, and Moab, and the sons of Ammon,
22. And all the kings of Tyre, and all the kings of Sidon, and the kings of the isles beyond the sea,
23. Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the uppermost corners.
24. And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mixed people who dwell in the desert,
25. And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,
26. And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are on the face of the earth; and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.
27. “Therefore you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, “Drink and be drunk, and vomit, and fall, and rise no more because of the sword which I will send among you.” ‘
28. And it shall come to pass if they refuse to take the cup at your hand to drink, then you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, “You shall certainly drink.
29. For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by My name; and shall you go unpunished? You shall not go unpunished. For I will call for a sword on all the inhabitants of the earth,” says the LORD of hosts.’
30. And prophesy against them all these words, and say to them, ‘The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter His voice from His holy habitation. He shall mightily roar over His dwelling place. He shall give a shout, like those who tread out grapes, against all the people of the earth.
31. A noise shall come to the ends of the earth; for the LORD has a controversy with the nations; He will plead with all flesh. He will give those who are wicked to the sword,’ says the LORD.”
32. Thus says the LORD of hosts, “Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be stirred up from the farthest corners of the earth.
33. And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth; they shall not be mourned, nor gathered, nor buried. They shall be as dung on the ground.
34. Howl, you shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, you lords of the flock! For the days of your slaughter and of your scatterings are fulfilled; and you shall fall like a choice vessel.
35. And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the lords of the flock to escape.
36. A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and a howling of the lords of the flock shall be heard; for the LORD has spoiled their pasture.
37. And the peaceful pastures are cut down because of the fierce anger of the LORD.
38. Like the lion, He has left His den; for their land is wasted because of the fierceness of the oppressing sword, and because of His fierce anger.”
HNpin the fourthH7243
HTrThe word which JeremiahH3414
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHSp1csand I have spokenH1696
HCHVpaagain and again.H7925
HVhaBut you have notH3808
And the LORDH3068
HTdHNcmpaagain and againH7925
HCHVqathem again and again; but you have notH3808
They all said,H559
HRHNcbscHSp3msand from the evilH7455
HCHRHNcmscof your doings,H4611
HRHSp2mpand to your fathersH1
And do notH408
HNcmpato serve them,H5647
HRHVqcHSp3mpand to worshipH7812
HRHSp3mpand do notH3808
HVhi2mpwith the worksH4639
HRHNcmscof your hands;H3027
HNcbdcHSp2mpand I will do youHl
"Yet you have notH3808
HRyou might provoke MeH3707
HVhcHSp1cswith the worksH4639
HRHNcmscof your hands,H3027
HNcbdcHSp2mpto your ownHl
HNcfpcof the north,'H6828
HNcmscHSp1csand will bring themH935
HNcbsayou. And I will completely destroy them,H2763
HCHVhq1csHSp3mpand make themH7760
HRHNcfsaand a hissing,H8322
And I will takeH6
HNcmsaand the voiceH6963
HNcmscof the bridegroomH2860
HNcmsaand the voiceH6963
HCHNcmscof the bride,H3618
HNcmscof the millstonesH7347
HNcmdaand the lightH216
HCHNcbscof the candle.H5216
And it shall be,H1961
HRHVqcI will punishH6485
HTdHNcmsaand the landH776
HNcbscof the Chaldeans,'H3778
HTo'for their iniquity,H5771
HCHRI will makeH7760
And I will bringH935
HTrI have spokenH1696
HNcmscthat is writtenH3789
HCHNcmpashall make themHb
HTaAnd I will repayH7999
HRHSp3mpaccording to theirH1992
HRHNcmscHSp3mpand according to the worksH4639
HCHRHNcmscof their own hands.'”H3027
HTdHNcfsaat My hand,H3027
HToand cause allH3605
And they shall drink,H8354
HCHVqq3cpand reel to and fro,H1607
HCHVrq3cpand be crazedH1984
Then I tookH3947
HTdHNcfsaat the LORD'SH3068
HToand made allH3605
HNphad sent me.H7971
HToand their rulers,H8269
HRHNcfsaand an astonishment,H8047
HRHNcfsaand a curse,H7045
HCHRHNcfsa(as it is today),H2088
HNcmscthe mixed people,H6154
HNcmpcof the landH776
HNcmpcof the landH776
HNcbscof the Philistines,H6430
HNcmpcof the islesH339
HNcmpcof the north,H6828
HTdHNcfpcof the world,H776
HNcbpcof the earth;H127
HTdHNcfsaand the kingH4428
"Therefore you shall sayH559
HVqv2mpand be drunk,H7937
And it shall come to passH1961
HTdHNcfsaat your handH3027
HRHVqcthen you shall sayH559
HNcbpa"You shall certainlyH8354
HVhrmsato bring evilH7489
HRHVhcon the cityH5892
HVNp3msby My name;H8034
HNcmscHSp1csand shall youH859
HVNi2mpYou shall notH3808
HVqrmsafor a swordH2719
HVqrmpcof the earth,"H776
HVqi3msfrom on high,H4791
HNcmscHSp3msfrom His holyH6944
HCHRHNcbscHe shall mightilyH7580
HRHis dwelling place.H5116
HNcbscHSp3msHe shall giveH6030
HNcmsalike those who treadH1869
HRHVqrmpaout grapes, againstH413
HVqrmpcof the earth.H776
HNcbscof the earth;H776
HRHNphas a controversyH7379
HNcbsawith the nations;H1471
HNcmsaHe will give thoseH5414
HTdHAampato the sword,'H2719
HNcfsashall go forthH3318
HNcmsaand a greatH1419
HCHNcmsashall be stirred upH5782
HVNi3msfrom the farthest cornersH3411
HRHNcfdcof the earth.H776
And the slainH2491
HAampcof the LORDH3068
HRdHNcmsafrom one endH7097
HRHNcbscof the earthH776
HCHRthe other endH7097
HNcbscof the earth;H776
HTdHNcbsathey shall notH3808
HVNi3mpThey shall beH1961
HCHVqv2mpand wallow yourselves in the ashes,H6428
HAampcof the flock!H6629
HNcmpcHSp2mpof your slaughterH2873
HRHVqcand of your scatteringsH8600
HVqp3cpand you shall fallH5307
HCHVqq2mplike a choiceH2532
HNcmscof the cryH6818
HNcfscof the shepherds,H7462
HTdHVqrmpaand a howlingH3215
HCHNcfscof the lordsH117
HAampcof the flockH6629
HTdHNcbsashall be heard; forH3588
Like the lion,H3715
HRdHNcmsaHe has leftH5800
HNcmscof the oppressingH3238
HTdHVqrfsasword, and because ofH6440
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved