1. “My soul is weary of my life; I will give full vent to my complaint; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.
2. I will say to God, ‘Do not condemn me; make me know why You contend with me.
3. Is it good to You that You should oppress, that You should despise the work of Your hands, and shine upon the counsel of the wicked?
4. Have You eyes of flesh? Or do You see as a man sees?
5. Are Your days like the days of man? Are Your years like man’s days,
6. That You seek out my iniquity, and search for my sin?
7. Although You know that I am not wicked, yet there is none who can deliver out of Your hand.
8. Your hands have made me and shaped me, together all around; yet You destroy me.
9. Remember, I beseech You, that You have formed me as the clay; and will You bring me into the dust again?
10. Have You not poured me out like milk, and curdled me like cheese?
11. You have clothed me with skin and flesh, and have fenced me with bones and sinews.
12. You have granted me life and favor, and Your providence has preserved my spirit.
13. And these things have You hidden in Your heart; I know that this was with You.
14. If I sin, then You mark me, and You will not acquit me from my iniquity.
15. If I am wicked, woe to me; and if I am righteous, I will not lift up my head, being filled with confusion—therefore look upon my affliction.
16. For if my head be lifted up, You will hunt me as a fierce lion; and again You will show Yourself awesome against me.
17. You renew Your witnesses against me, and increase Your anger upon me; changes and warfare are against me.
18. Why then have You brought me from the womb? Oh, that I had given up the spirit, and no eye had seen me!
19. I should have been as though I had not been; I would have been carried from the womb to the grave.
20. Are not my days few? Withdraw then, and let me alone, that I may take a little comfort,
21. Before I go, and I do not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death;
22. A land of obscurity, as the darkness itself and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness.’ ”
HVNp3fsof my life;H2416
HRHNcmpcHSp1csI will give full ventH5800
HNcmscHSp1csI will speakH1696
HVph1csin the bitternessH4751
HRHAamscof my soul.H5315
Is it goodH2896
HCYou should oppress,H6231
HCYou should despiseH3988
HNcmscof Your hands,H3709
HNcfscof the wicked?H7563
HCI am wicked,H7561
HRHSp1csand if I am righteous,H6663
HCHVqq1csI will notH3808
HCHVqv2msupon my affliction.H6040
Copyright © 2024 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved