1. And the LORD answered Job and said,
2. “Shall he who contends with the Almighty instruct Him? He who reproves God, let him answer it.”
3. And Job answered the LORD and said,
4. “Behold, I am vile! What shall I answer You? I will lay my hand on my mouth.
5. Once I have spoken; but I will not answer; yea, twice, but I will proceed no further.”
6. And the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
7. “Gird up your loins now like a man. I will demand of you, and you declare unto Me.
8. Will you even annul My judgment? Will you condemn Me so that you may be righteous?
9. And have you an arm like God? Or can you thunder with a voice like His?
10. Deck yourself now with majesty and excellency, and array yourself with glory and beauty.
11. Cast abroad the rage of your wrath; and behold everyone who is proud, and abase him.
12. Look on everyone who is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.
13. Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in darkness.
14. Then I will also confess to you that your own right hand can save you.
15. Now behold the behemoth, which I made along with you; he eats grass like an ox;
16. See, now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the muscles of his belly.
17. He moves his tail like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are knit together.
18. His bones are like tubes of bronze; his ribs are like bars of iron.
19. He is the first of the ways of God; let his Maker bring His sword near.
20. For the mountains yield food for him, and all the beasts of the field play there.
21. He lies under the lotus trees, in the covert of the reed and the marsh.
22. The lotus trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook surround him.
23. Behold, if a river overflows, he does not run away; he is confident even if Jordan swells up to his mouth.
24. Can anyone capture him when he is on watch, or pierce through his nose with a trap?”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved