4. Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man who is old be born? Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time and be born?”
5. Jesus answered, “Truly, truly I say to you, unless anyone has been born of water and of Spirit, (see explanation) he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
7. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘It is necessary for you to be born again anew
10. Jesus answered and said to him, “You are a teacher of Israel, and you do not know these things?
11. Truly, truly I say to you, We speak that which We know, and We testify of that which We have seen; but you do not receive Our testimony.
12. If I have told you earthly things, and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
13. (And no one has ascended into heaven, except He Who came down from heaven, even the Son of man, Who is in heaven.)
14. And even as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, in the same way it is ordained that the Son of man be lifted up,
15. So that everyone who believes in Him may not perish, but may have everlasting life.
16. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that everyone who believes (see explanation) in Him may not perish, but may have everlasting life.
17. For God sent not His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
18. The one who believes in Him is not judged, but the one who does not believe has already been judged because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19. And this is the judgment: that the light has come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20. For everyone who practices evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, so that his works may not be exposed;
22. After these things, Jesus and His disciples came into the land of Judea; and there He stayed with them and was baptizing.
23. And John was also baptizing in Aenon, near Salim because there was much water there; and the people were coming and were being baptized,
24. For John had not yet been cast into prison.
25. Then there arose a question between the disciples of John and some of the Jews about purification.
26. And they came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, He Who was with you beyond Jordan, to Whom you have borne witness, behold, He is baptizing, and all are coming to Him.”
27. John answered and said, “No one is able to receive anything unless it has been given to him from heaven.
28. You yourselves bear witness to me that I said, ‘I am not the Christ,’ but that I am sent before Him.
29. The one who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands by and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the voice of the bridegroom; in this then, my joy has been fulfilled.
30. It is ordained that He increase, and that I decrease.
32. And what He has seen and heard, this is what He testifies; but no one receives His testimony.
33. The one who has received His testimony has set his seal that God is true;
35. The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.
36. The one who believes in the Son has everlasting life; but the one who does not obey the Son shall not see life, for the wrath of God remains on him.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved