1. And the LORD spoke to Moses saying,
2. “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘If a woman has conceived seed and has borne a male, then she shall be unclean seven days; as on the days of her menstrual impurity she shall be unclean.
3. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
4. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying thirty-three days. She shall touch no holy thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying are fulfilled.
5. But if she bears a female, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her menstruation. And she shall continue in the blood of her purifying sixty-six days.
6. And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon or a turtledove for a sin offering, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to the priest.
7. And he shall offer it before the LORD, and make an atonement for her. And she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that has borne a male or a female.
8. And if she cannot afford a lamb, then she shall bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons. The one shall be for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for her, and she shall be cleansed.’ ”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved