1. “ ‘And if anyone sins and hears the voice of swearing, and is a witness, and he has seen or known, if he does not tell it, then he shall bear his iniquity.
2. Or if anyone touches any unclean thing, whether a dead body of an unclean beast, or a dead body of unclean domestic animals, or the dead body of unclean swarming things, and if it is unknown to him, he also shall be unclean and guilty—
3. Or if he touches the uncleanness of man, whatever uncleanness by which he is unclean, and it is unknown to him, but when he knows of it, then he shall be guilty.
4. Or if a soul swears, pronouncing with his lips to do evil or to do good, whatever it is that a man speaks rashly with an oath, and he does not realize it, but when he knows of it, then he shall be guilty of these in any matters.
5. And it shall be when he is guilty in one of these, and shall confess how he has sinned;
6. Then he shall bring his trespass offering to the LORD for his sin which he has sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a doe of the goats, for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for him for his sin.
7. And if he is not able to bring a lamb, then he shall bring for his trespass which he has committed, two turtledoves or two young pigeons to the LORD—one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering.
8. And he shall bring them to the priest, who shall offer the one for the sin offering first, and shall wring off its head from its neck, but shall not divide it into separate pieces.
9. And he shall sprinkle of the blood of the sin offering against the side of the altar, and the rest of the blood shall be drained at the base of the altar. It is a sin offering.
10. And he shall offer the second for a burnt offering, according to the ordinance. And the priest shall make an atonement for him for his sin which he has sinned, and it shall be forgiven him.
11. But if he is not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering. He shall put no oil on it, neither shall he put frankincense on it; for it is a sin offering.
12. And he shall bring it to the priest, and the priest shall take his full handful of it, a memorial of it, and burn it upon the altar, on the fire offering to the LORD. It is a sin offering.
13. And the priest shall make an atonement for him for his sin that he has sinned in any of these, and it shall be forgiven him. And the rest shall be the priest’s, as a grain offering.’ ”
14. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
15. “If a soul commits a trespass and sins through ignorance in the holy things of the LORD, then he shall bring for his trespass to the LORD a ram without blemish out of the flock, together with an amount set by you, by shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary, for a trespass offering.
16. And he shall make it good in which he has sinned, in the holy thing, and he shall add the fifth part of it, and give it to the priest. And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering, and it shall be forgiven him.
17. And if anyone sins, and he has done that which is forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD, and does not realize it, and he is guilty and shall bear his iniquity;
18. Then he shall bring a ram without blemish out of the flock, at your evaluation, for a trespass offering, to the priest. And the priest shall make an atonement for him for his ignorance in which he erred without knowing it, and it shall be forgiven him.
19. It is a trespass offering. He has certainly trespassed against the LORD.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved