1. And as He was going out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, “Master, see how splendid the stones and buildings are!”
2. Then Jesus answered and said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? There shall not be left a stone upon a stone that shall not be thrown down.”
3. And as He was sitting on the Mount of Olives across from the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew came privately and asked Him,
4. “Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign when all these things are about to be accomplished?”
5. And Jesus in answering them began to say, “Be on guard lest anyone deceive you.
6. For many shall come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ’; and they shall deceive many.
7. But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for it is necessary for these things to come to pass, but the end is not yet.
8. For nation shall rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be earthquakes in different places, and there shall be famines and disasters. These things are the beginning of sorrows.
9. But keep yourselves on guard, for they shall deliver you up to councils and synagogues. You shall be beaten, and you shall be brought before governors and kings for My sake, for a witness against them.
11. But whenever they lead you away and deliver you up, do not be anxious beforehand nor meditate on what you should say; but whatever shall be given to you in that hour, that speak. For you are not the ones who are speaking, but the Holy Spirit.
12. Then shall brother betray brother to death, and the father the child. And children shall rise up against their parents and shall put them to death.
14. Now when you see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it should not stand (let the one who reads understand), then let those who are in Judea flee into the mountains.
15. And let the one who is on the housetop not come down into the house, nor go in to take anything out of his house;
16. And let the one who is in the field not return to the things he left behind to take his garment.
17. But woe to those who are with child and to those who are nursing infants in those days!
18. And pray that your flight may not be in winter;
19. For in those days shall be great tribulation, such as has not been the like from the beginning of the creation that God created until this time, nor ever shall be again;
20. And unless the Lord had limited the days, no flesh would be saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He has chosen, He has limited the days.
21. And then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ’; or, ‘Look, there is the Christ’; do not believe it.
22. For there shall arise false Christs and false prophets, and they shall give signs and wonders, in order to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
23. But you, watch out for them! Behold, I have foretold all these things to you.
24. Now in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give its light;
25. And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken;
26. And then they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27. And then He shall send His angels, and shall gather together His elect from the four winds, and from the extremity of earth to the extremity of heaven.
28. But learn the parable of the fig tree: When its branches become tender, and it puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
29. In the same way also, when you see these things coming to pass, know that it is near, even at the doors.
30. Truly I say to you, this generation shall in no way pass away until all these things have taken place.
31. The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but My words shall never pass away.
32. But concerning that day and the hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.
33. Take heed, be watching and praying. For you do not know when the time is coming.
34. It is like a man journeying to a far country, leaving his house and giving authority to his servants, and to each one his work, and commanding the doorkeeper to watch.
35. Be watching, therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming: at evening, or at midnight, or at the cock’s crowing, or in the morning;
36. Lest he come suddenly and find you sleeping.
37. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved