1. In those days the multitude of people was very great, and they had nothing to eat. And when Jesus had called His disciples to Him, He said to them,
2. “I am moved with compassion for the multitude because they have continued with Me three days already and have nothing to eat;
3. And if I send them to their homes fasting, they will faint on the way; for some of them have come from far away.”
4. Then His disciples answered Him, “How could anyone be able to satisfy all these with bread in a desert?”
5. And He asked them, “How many loaves do you have?” And they said, “Seven.”
6. Then He commanded the multitude to sit on the ground; and He took the seven loaves; and after giving thanks, He broke the loaves and gave them to His disciples so that they might set them before the people. And they set the loaves before the multitude.
7. They also had a few small fish; and after blessing them, He commanded His disciples to set these before them also.
8. And they all ate and were satisfied. Then they took up over seven baskets of fragments that were left.
9. Now those who had eaten were about four thousand; and He sent them away.
10. And immediately afterwards, He went aboard the ship with His disciples, and they came to the district of Dalmanutha.
11. And the Pharisees came out and began to dispute with Him, tempting Him and seeking from Him a sign from heaven.
12. But after sighing deeply in His spirit, He said, “Why does this generation seek a sign? Truly I say to you, there shall no sign be given to this generation.”
13. Then He left them; and after going aboard the ship again, He departed for the other side.
14. But they had forgotten to take bread; and they did not have any with them, except one loaf in the ship.
15. Then He charged them, saying, “Watch out! Be on guard against the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod.”
16. And they were reasoning with one another, saying, “It is because we do not have any bread.”
17. But Jesus knew it and said to them, “Why do you reason that I said this because you do not have any bread? Do you still not perceive or understand? Are your hearts still hardened?
18. Don’t you see with your eyes? Don’t you hear with your ears? And don’t you remember?
19. When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments did you take up?” They said to Him, “Twelve.”
20. “And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments did you take up?” And they said, “Seven.”
21. Then He said to them, “Why is it that you still don’t understand?”
22. And He came to Bethsaida, and they brought to Him a blind man and besought Him that He might touch him.
23. Then He took hold of the blind man’s hand and led him out of the village, and He spit on his eyes and laid His hands on him, and then He asked him if he saw anything.
24. And when he looked up, he said, “I see men as trees walking.”
25. Then He again laid His hands on his eyes and made him look up. And he was restored, and he saw everything clearly.
26. And He sent him to his house, saying, “You must not enter the village, nor tell it to anyone in the village.”
27. Then Jesus and His disciples went into the villages of Caesarea Philippi. And along the way He was questioning His disciples, saying to them, “Who do men say that I am?”
28. And they answered, “John the Baptist; and others, Elijah. And some say, one of the prophets.”
29. And He said to them, “But you, Who do you say that I am?” And Peter answered and said to Him, “You are the Christ.”
30. Then He strictly charged them that they should tell no one about Him.
31. And He began to teach them that it was necessary for the Son of man to suffer many things, and to be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and to be killed, but after three days to rise from the dead.
32. And He spoke these words openly. Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him.
33. But He turned and looked at His disciples, and then rebuked Peter, saying, “Get behind Me, Satan, because your thoughts are not of the things of God, but of the things of men.”
34. And when He had called the multitude to Him with His disciples, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and let him take up his cross and follow Me.
35. For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it; but whoever will lose his life for My sake and for the gospel’s, he shall save it.
36. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his life?
37. Or what shall a man give in exchange for his life?
38. For whoever shall be ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”
N-DPFthe multitude of peopleG3793
N-APMto Him, He saidG3004
"I am moved with compassionG4697
CONJthey have continuedG4357
A-APMthey will faintG1590
V-RAI-3Pfrom far away."G3113
N-APMand after giving thanks,G2168
V-AAP-NSMHe broke the loavesG2806
V-IAI-3Sthem to HisG846
N-DPMso that they mightG2443
CONJset them beforeG3908
V-2AAS-3Pthe people. AndG2532
CONJthey set the loaves beforeG3908
V-AAP-NSMthem, He commandedG2036
V-2AAI-3SHis disciples to set these beforeG3908
CONJthey all ateG5315
CONJthey took upG142
N-GPNthat were left.G4051
N-GPMand they cameG2064
CONJafter sighing deeplyG389
P-2DPthere shall noG1487
CONJthey had forgottenG1950
N-APMand they did notG3756
V-PAM-2PBe on guardG991
V-2AAP-NSMit and saidG3004
I-ASNdo you reasonG1260
CONJI said this because you doG2192
PRT-Nhave any bread?G740
V-PAI-2Pwith your eyes?G3788
V-PAI-2Pwith your ears?G3775
N-GPNdid you take up?"G142
CONJI broke theG3588
N-GPNdid you take up?"G142
P-DSMa blind manG5185
P-ASMthat He mightG2443
CONJHe took hold ofG1949
P-DSMand then He askedG1905
CONJhe was restored,G600
V-PAP-NSM"You must notG3366
V-2AAS-2Sit to anyoneG5100
N-DSFHe was questioningG1905
CONJit was necessaryG1163
CONJto be rejectedG593
CONJto be killed,G615
N-APFto rise from the dead.G450
P-ASMaside and beganG756
N-APMand then rebukedG2008
PRT-Nof the thingsG3588
CONJof the thingsG3588
CONJwhen He had calledG4341
N-ASMto Him withG4862
P-1GSlet him denyG533
CONJlet him take upG142
I-NSNshall it profitG5623
CONDhe shall gainG2770
PRTshall be ashamedG1870
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved