1. And when He had called His twelve disciples, He gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every kind of sickness.
2. Now the names of the twelve apostles are these: first, Simon who is called Peter, and his brother Andrew; James, the son of Zebedee, and his brother John;
3. Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew, the former tax collector; James, the son of Alpheus; and Lebbeus, who was surnamed Thaddeus;
4. Simon, the Cananean; and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him.
5. These twelve Jesus sent out after commanding them, saying, “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter into a city of the Samaritans;
6. But go instead to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7. And as you are going, proclaim, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’
8. Heal the sick. Cleanse the lepers. Raise the dead. Cast out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
9. Do not provide gold, nor silver, nor money in your belts,
10. Nor a provision bag for the way, nor two coats, nor shoes, nor a staff; for the workman is worthy of his food.
11. And whatever city or village you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and there remain until you leave.
12. When you come into the house, salute it;
13. And if the house is indeed worthy, let your peace be upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14. And whoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you leave that house or that city, shake off the dust from your feet.
15. Truly I say to you, it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.
16. Behold, I am sending you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore, be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
17. But beware of men; for they will deliver you up to councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18. And you shall also be brought before governors and kings for My sake, for a witness to them and to the Gentiles.
19. Now when they deliver you up, do not be anxious about how or what you should speak; for in that hour it shall be given to you what you shall speak.
20. For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father that speaks in you.
21. Then brother will deliver up brother to death; and the father, the child; and children will rise up against their parents and have them put to death.
22. And you shall be hated by all for My name’s sake; but the one who endures to the end, that one shall be saved.
23. But when they persecute you in this city, escape into another; for truly I say to you, in no way shall you have completed witnessing to the cities of Israel until the Son of man has come.
24. A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master.
25. It is sufficient for the disciple that he become as his teacher, and the servant as his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call those of his household?
26. Therefore, do not fear them because there is nothing covered that shall not be uncovered, and nothing hidden that shall not be known.
27. What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, proclaim upon the housetops.
28. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body, but do not have power to destroy the life; rather, fear Him Who has the power to destroy both life and body in Gehenna.
29. Are not two sparrows sold for a coin? And yet not one of them shall fall to the ground without your Father taking account of it.
30. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.
31. Therefore, do not be afraid; you are better than many sparrows.
32. Now then, whoever shall confess Me before men, that one will I also confess before My Father Who is in heaven.
33. But whoever shall deny Me before men, that one will I also deny before My Father, Who is in heaven.
34. Do not think that I have come to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35. For I have come to set a man at variance against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36. And a man’s enemies shall be those of his own household.
37. The one who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and the one who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38. And the one who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me.
39. The one who has found his life shall lose it; and the one who has lost his life for My sake shall find it.
40. The one who receives you receives Me, and the one who receives Me receives Him Who sent Me.
41. The one who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive the reward of a prophet; and the one who receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive the reward of a righteous man.
42. And if anyone shall in the name of a disciple give to one of these little ones to drink a cup of cold water only, truly I say to you, he shall in no way lose his reward.”
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved