1. And again Jesus answered and spoke to them in parables, saying,
2. “The kingdom of heaven is compared to a man who was a king, who made a wedding feast for his son,
3. And sent his servants to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast; but they refused to come.
4. Afterwards he sent out other servants, saying, ‘Say to those who have been invited, “Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and the fatted beasts are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding feast.” ’
5. But they paid no attention and went away, one to his farm, and another to his business.
6. And the rest, after seizing his servants, insulted and killed them.
7. Now when the king heard it, he became angry; and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8. Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding feast indeed is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy;
9. Therefore, go into the well-traveled highways, and invite all that you find to the wedding feast.’
10. And after going out into the highways, those servants brought together everyone that they found, both good and evil; and the wedding feast was filled with guests.
11. And when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not dressed in proper attire for the wedding feast;
12. And he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you enter here without a garment fit for the wedding feast?’ But he had no answer.
13. Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind his hands and feet, and take him away, and cast him into the outer darkness.’ There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
15. Then the Pharisees went and took counsel as to how they might entrap Him in His speech.
16. And they sent their disciples along with the Herodians to Him, saying, “Master, we know that You are true, and that You teach the way of God in truth, and that You are not concerned about pleasing anyone; for You do not respect the persons of men.
17. Therefore, tell us, what do You think? Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?”
18. But Jesus, knowing their wickedness, said, “Why do you tempt Me, you hypocrites?
19. Show Me the tribute coin.” And they brought to Him a silver coin.
20. And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is on this?”
21. They said to Him, “Caesar’s.” And He said to them, “Render then the things of Caesar to Caesar, and the things of God to God.”
22. And when they heard this, they were amazed; and they left Him and went their way.
24. Saying, “Master, Moses said, ‘If anyone dies without having children, his brother shall marry his wife and shall raise up seed to his brother.’
25. Now there were with us seven brothers; and the first one, being married, died with no seed; and he left his wife to his brother.
26. And likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
27. And last of all the woman died also.
28. Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven shall she be, for all had her?”
29. Then Jesus answered and said to them, “You do err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.
30. For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but they are as the angels of God in heaven.
32. ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.”
33. And when the multitudes heard this, they were amazed at His teaching.
34. But after the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they came together before Him.
38. This is the first and greatest commandment;
39. And the second one is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
40. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
41. While the Pharisees were assembled together, Jesus questioned them,
42. Saying, “What do you think concerning the Christ? Whose Son is He?” They said to Him, “The Son of David.”
43. He said to them, “How then does David in spirit call Him Lord, saying,
44. ‘The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet” ’?
45. Therefore, if David calls Him Lord, how is He his Son?”
46. And no one was able to answer Him a word, neither dared anyone from that day to question Him any more.
V-API-3Sto a manG444
N-DSMwho wasa king,G935
V-AAI-3Sa wedding feastG1062
T-APMhad been invitedG2564
ADVhe sent outG649
V-2AAM-2Pto those whoG3588
T-DPMhave been invited,G2564
INJI have preparedG2090
T-NPMthey paid no attentionG272
V-AAP-NPMand went away,G565
V-AAP-NSMit, he became angry;G3710
CONJafter going outG1831
ADVwho was notG3756
N-ASNfor the wedding feast;G1062
ADVdid you enterG1525
N-ASNfit for thewedding feast?'G1062
T-NSMhe had no answer.G5392
CONJYou do notG3756
V-PAI-3SIs it lawfulG1832
I-ASNdo you temptG3985
N-GSM-TAnd He saidG3004
CONJshall raise upG450
A-GPM-NUIshall she be,G2071
P-DPM"You do err,G4105
CONJ-Nare given in marriage,G1547
A-GPMhave you notG3756
N-NSMof the dead,G3498
CONJof the living."G2198
CONJHe had silencedG5392
N-APM-Tthey came togetherG4863
P-DSM" 'You shall loveG25
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved