1. And the LORD spoke to Moses saying,
2. “Speak to the children of Israel, and take a rod from each of them for a father’s house, of all their leaders, for their fathers’ houses, twelve rods. Write every man’s name upon his rod.
3. And you shall write Aaron’s name upon the rod of Levi. For one rod shall be for the head of the house of their fathers.
4. And you shall put them in the tabernacle of the congregation before the testimony where I will meet with you.
5. And it shall be, the rod of the man whom I shall choose shall blossom. And I will make to cease from Me the murmurings of the children of Israel by which they murmur against you.”
6. And Moses spoke to the children of Israel, and all their leaders gave to him a rod, for each leader, one rod for each leader, for their father’s house, twelve rods. And the rod of Aaron was among their rods.
7. And Moses laid out the rods before the LORD in the tabernacle of witness.
8. And it came to pass on the next day Moses went into the tabernacle of witness. And behold, the rod of Aaron for the house of Levi had budded and had brought forth buds, and had bloomed blossoms, and had yielded almonds.
9. And Moses brought out all the rods from before the LORD to all the children of Israel. And they looked, and each one took his rod.
10. And the LORD said to Moses, “Bring Aaron’s rod again before the testimony to be kept as a token against the rebels. And you shall completely take away their murmurings from Me so that they do not die.”
11. And Moses did as the LORD commanded him, so he did.
12. And the children of Israel spoke to Moses saying, “Behold, we die, we perish, we all perish.
13. Whoever comes near the tabernacle of the LORD shall die. Shall we be consumed to die?”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved