1. And Balaam said to Balak, “Build me here seven altars, and prepare here seven oxen and seven rams for me.”
2. And Balak did as Balaam had spoken. And Balak and Balaam offered on every altar a bull and a ram.
3. And Balaam said to Balak, “Stand by your burnt offering, and I will go. Perhaps the LORD will come to meet me. And whatever He reveals to me I will tell you.” And he went to a high place.
4. And God met Balaam. And he said to Him, “I have prepared seven altars, and I have offered upon every altar a bull and a ram.”
5. And the LORD put a word in Balaam’s mouth and said, “Return to Balak, and thus you shall speak.”
6. And he returned to him. And lo, he stood by his burnt sacrifice, he and all the leaders of Moab.
7. And he took up his parable, and said, “Balak, the king of Moab, has brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, ‘Come, curse Jacob for me, and come, defy Israel.’
8. How shall I curse whom God has not cursed? Or how shall I defy whom the LORD has not defied?
9. For from the top of the rocks I see him, and from the hills I see him. Behold, the people shall dwell alone, and shall not be counted among the nations.
10. Who can count the dust of Jacob and the number of the fourth part of Israel? Let me die the death of the righteous, and let my last end be like his!”
11. And Balak said to Balaam, “What have you done to me? I took you to curse my enemies, and behold, you have kept on blessing them!”
12. And he answered and said, “Must I not be careful to speak that which the LORD has put in my mouth?”
13. And Balak said to him, “Please come with me to another place from where you may see them. You shall see only the nearest of them, and shall not see them all. And curse them from there for me.”
14. And he brought him into the field of Zophim, to the top of Pisgah, and built seven altars and offered a bull and a ram on every altar.
15. And he said to Balak, “Stand here by your burnt offering while I meet Him yonder.”
16. And the LORD met Balaam and put a word in his mouth, and said, “Go again to Balak and say this.”
17. And when he came to him, behold, he stood by his burnt offering, and the leaders of Moab were with him. And Balak said to him, “What has the LORD spoken?”
18. And he took up his parable and said, “Rise up, Balak, and hear. Listen to me, son of Zippor.
19. God is not a man that He should lie, neither the son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken, and shall He not fulfill it?
20. Behold, I have received word to bless. And He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it.
21. He has not seen iniquity in Jacob, neither has He seen perverseness in Israel. The LORD his God is with him, and the shout of a King among them.
22. God brought them out of Egypt. He has, as it were, the strength of an ox.
23. Surely, there is no enchantment against Jacob, nor any divination against Israel. According to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, ‘What God has worked!’
24. Behold, the people shall rise up like a great lion, and lift up himself like a young lion. He shall not lie down until he eats of the prey and drinks the blood of the slain.”
25. And Balak said to Balaam, “Neither curse them at all nor bless them at all.”
26. But Balaam answered and said to Balak, “Did I not tell you, saying, ‘All that the LORD speaks, that I must do’?”
27. And Balak said to Balaam, “Please, come. I will bring you into another place. Perhaps it will please God that you will curse them for me from there.
28. And Balak brought Balaam to the top of Peor that looks toward Jeshimon.
29. And Balaam said to Balak, “Build seven altars here for me, and prepare seven bulls and seven rams here for me.”
30. And Balak did as Balaam had said, and offered a bull and a ram on every altar.
HCHVhw3mson every altarH4196
HNcmsaand a ram.H352
HRyour burnt offering,H5930
HNcfscHSp2msand I will go.H3212
HVNi3msto meet me.H7125
HTiHe reveals to meH7200
HVhi3msHSp1csI will tellH5046
HRHSp2msAnd he wentH3212
HCHVqw3msto a high place.H8205
HNpAnd he saidH559
HRHSp3ms"I have preparedH6186
HTdHNcmpaand I have offeredH5927
HCHVhw1csupon every altarH4196
HNcmsaand a ram."H352
And the LORDH3068
HCHDyou shall speak."H1696
And he returnedH7725
HRhis burnt sacrifice,H5930
And he took upH5375
HNphas brought meH5148
HNpout of the mountainsH2042
HRHNcmpcof the east,H6924
HCfrom the topH7218
HRHNcmscof the rocksH6697
HNcmpaI see him,H7789
HVqi1csHSp3msand from the hillsH1389
HCHRHNcfpaI see him.H7200
HRHNcmsaand shall notH3808
HVti3msamong the nations.H1471
HNpand the numberH4557
HToof the fourthH7255
HNcmscof the righteous,H3477
HAampaand let my last endH319
HTihave you doneH6213
HRHSp1csI took youH3947
HCHTmyou have keptH1288
And he answeredH6030
HCHVqw3ms"Must I notH3808
HVqi3msin my mouth?"H6310
HTryou may see them.H7200
HRHDYou shall seeH7200
HNcmsathe nearest of them,H7097
HNcbscHSp3msand shall notH3808
HCHNcmscHSp3msAnd curse themH6895
And he brought himH3947
HCHVqw3msHSp3msinto the fieldH7704
HNcmsaand a ramH352
HCHNcmsaon every altar.H4196
And the LORDH3068
HNcmsain his mouth,H6310
And when he cameH935
HRhis burnt offering,H5930
HNcfscHSp3msand the leadersH8269
HNpwere with him.H854
HTihas the LORDH3068
And he took upH5375
HNcmsathat He should lie,H3576
HCHVpi3msneither the sonH1121
HNcmsathat He should repent.H5162
HVqp3msand shall He notH3808
HVqi3msOr has He spoken,H1696
HCHVpp3msand shall He notH3808
He has notH3808
HCHTnhas He seenH7200
HRHSp3msand the shoutH8643
HCHNcfscof a KingH4428
HRHNpAccording to this timeH6256
HRdHNcbsait shall be saidH559
HRHNpand of Israel,H3478
HNcmsashall rise upH6965
HVqi3mslike a great lion,H3833
HRHNcbsaand lift up himselfH5375
HVti3mslike a young lion.H738
HCHRHNcmsaHe shall notH3808
HCHNcmscof the slain."H2491
HNp"Did I notH3808
HToHSp3msI must do'?"H6213
HVqv2msHShI will bring youH3947
HDit will pleaseH3474
HTdHNcmpathat you will curse themH6895
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved