1. And Israel dwelt in Acacia Grove, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.
2. And they called the people to the sacrifices of their gods. And the people ate and bowed down to their gods.
3. And Israel joined himself to Baal Peor. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel.
4. And the LORD said to Moses, “Take all the heads of the people and impale them before the LORD facing the sun, so that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.”
5. And Moses said to the judges of Israel, “Every one of you kill his men who were joined to Baal Peor.”
6. And behold, a man of the children of Israel came and brought to his brethren a woman of Midian, in the sight of Moses, and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping before the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
7. And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation and took a spear in his hand.
8. And he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and pierced both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman, through her belly. So the plague was stayed from the children of Israel.
9. And those that died in the plague were twenty-four thousand.
10. And the LORD spoke to Moses saying,
11. “Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned My wrath away from the children of Israel in that he was zealous for My sake among them, so that I did not destroy the children of Israel in My jealousy.
12. Therefore say, ‘Behold, I give him My covenant of peace.
13. And he shall have it, and his seed after him, the covenant of an everlasting priesthood because he was zealous for his God and made an atonement for the children of Israel.’ ”
14. And the name of the Israelite who was killed, he who was struck with the woman of Midian, was Zimri, the son of Salu, leader of a chief house of the Simeonites.
15. And the Midianite woman’s name who was killed was Cozbi, the daughter of Zur. He was head over a people, and of a chief house in Midian.
16. And the LORD spoke to Moses saying,
17. “Attack the Midianites and strike them.
18. For they trouble you with their lies, with which they have deceived you in the matter of Peor, and in the matter of Cozbi the daughter of a ruler of Midian, their sister, who was stricken in the day of the plague because of Peor.”
And they calledH7121
HRdHNcmsato the sacrificesH2077
HRHNcmpcof their gods.H430
HNcmpcHSp3fpAnd the peopleH5971
HCHVqw3msand bowed downH7812
HCHVvw3mpto their gods.H430
And the LORDH3068
HNcmpcof the peopleH5971
HNpfacing the sun,H8121
HTdHNcbsaso that the fierceH2740
HTaof the LORDH3068
HRHNpmay be turned awayH7725
HNcmsaof you killH2026
HNcmpcHSp3mswho were joinedH6775
HTdHVNsmpato Baal Peor."H1187
HNcmsaof the childrenH1121
HToa woman of Midian,H4084
HTdHAafsain the sightH5869
HNpand in the sightH5869
HNcfscof the childrenH1121
HVqrmpabefore the doorH6607
HNcmscof the tabernacleH168
HNcmscof the congregation.H4150
And when Phinehas,H6372
HCHVqw3msit, he rose upH6965
HNcmsain his hand.H3027
And he wentH935
HToand pierced bothH8147
HAcmdcHSp3mpof them through,H1856
HNcfscHSp3fsSo the plagueH4046
HNpin that he was zealousH7065
HTofor My sakeH7068
HRHNcmscHSp3mpso that I did notH3808
HNpin My jealousy.H7068
And he shall haveH1961
HRHSp3msand his seedH2233
HNcfscof an everlastingH5769
HTrhe was zealousH7065
HVpp3msfor his GodH430
HRHNcmpcHSp3msand made an atonementH3722
And the nameH8034
HCHNcmscof the IsraeliteH376
HNpwho was killed,H5221
HRthe woman of Midian,H4084
HNcmscof a chiefH1
HNcmscof the Simeonites.H8099
And the MidianiteH4084
HCHNcmscwho was killedH5221
HNcmscover a people,H523
HNcfpaand of a chiefH1
HRHSp2mpwith their lies,H5231
HTrthey have deceivedH5230
HNcfscof a rulerH5387
HNcfscHSp3mpwho was strickenH5221
HTdHVHsfsain the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof the plagueH4046
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved