1. Then came the daughters of Zelophehad, the son of Hepher, the son of Gilead, the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh, of the families of Manasseh, the son of Joseph. And these are the names of his daughters: Mahlah, Noah, and Hoglah, and Milcah, and Tirzah.
2. And they stood before Moses and before Eleazar the priest, and before the leaders and all the congregation, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,
3. “Our father died in the wilderness, and he was not in the company of those who gathered themselves against the LORD in the company of Korah, but died in his own sin and had no sons.
4. Why should the name of our father be taken away from among his family because he has no son? Therefore give us a possession among the brothers of our father.”
5. And Moses brought their cause before the LORD.
6. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
7. “It is right what the daughters of Zelophehad speak. You shall surely give them a possession of an inheritance among their father’s brothers. And you shall cause the inheritance of their father to pass to them.
8. And you shall speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘When a man dies and has no son, then you shall cause his inheritance to pass to his daughter.
9. And if he has no daughter, then you shall give his inheritance to his brothers.
10. And if he has no brothers, then you shall give his inheritance to his father’s brothers.
11. And if his father has no brothers, then you shall give his inheritance to his nearest relative of his family, and he shall possess it. And it shall be to the children of Israel a statute of judgment as the LORD commanded Moses.’ ”
12. And the LORD said to Moses, “Get up into this Mount Abarim and see the land which I have given to the children of Israel.
13. And after you have seen it, you also shall be gathered to your people as Aaron your brother was gathered.
14. For you rebelled against My command in the desert of Zin, in the strife of the congregation, to sanctify Me at the water before their eyes; they were the Waters of Strife in Kadesh in the wilderness of Zin.”
15. And Moses spoke to the LORD, saying,
16. “Let the LORD, the God of the spirits of all flesh, set a man over the congregation,
17. Who may go out before them, and who may go in before them, and who may lead them out, and who may bring them in, so that the congregation of the LORD may not be as sheep which have no shepherd.”
18. And the LORD said to Moses, “Take Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the Spirit, and lay your hand upon him.
19. And set him before Eleazar the priest, and before all the congregation, and you shall commission him in their sight.
20. And you shall put of your honor on him, so that all the congregation of the children of Israel may be obedient.
21. And he shall stand before Eleazar the priest, who shall ask for him according to the judgment of Urim before the LORD. At his word they shall go out, and at his word they shall come in, he and all the children of Israel with him, even all the congregation.”
22. And Moses did as the LORD commanded him. And he took Joshua and set him before Eleazar the priest and before all the congregation.
23. And he laid his hands upon him and commissioned him, even as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.
HNpof the familiesH4940
HNcmpcof his daughters:H1323
And they stoodH5975
HNcmscof the tabernacleH168
HNcmscof the congregation,H4150
HVqp3msin the wilderness,H4057
HTdHNcfsaof those who gathered themselvesH3259
HNpin the companyH5712
HVqp3msin his own sinH2399
HRHTishould the nameH8034
HNcmscof our fatherH1
HNcmscHSp1cpbe taken awayH1639
HNcmpcof our father."H1
"It is rightH3651
HTmwhat the daughtersH1323
HVqrfpaYou shall surelyH5414
HNcfscof an inheritanceH5159
HToAnd you shall cause the inheritanceH5159
HNcfscof their fatherH1
And you shall speakH1696
HVqi3msand has noH369
HRHSp3msthen you shall cause his inheritanceH5159
HToto his daughter.H1323
HNcmpathen you shall giveH5414
HRHNcmscHSp3msof his family,H4940
HRHNcfscHSp3msand he shall possessH3423
HToHSp3fsAnd it shall beH1961
HCHVqq3fsto the childrenH1121
And the LORDH3068
HTrI have givenH5414
HVqp1csto the childrenH1121
And after you have seenH7200
HTashall be gatheredH622
HRHTryou rebelled againstH4784
HNcmscHSp1csin the desertH4057
HNpin the strifeH4808
HRHNcfscof the congregation,H5712
HTdHNcfsato sanctify MeH6942
HRHVhcHSp1csat the waterH4325
HRdHNcmpabefore their eyes;H5869
HNpin the wildernessH4057
HTrmay go outH3318
HCHTrmay go inH935
HCHTrmay lead them out,H3318
HCHTrmay bring them in,H935
HVhi3msHSp3mpso that the congregationH5712
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
And the LORDH3068
HTdHNcfsaand you shall commissionH6680
HToHSp3msin their sight.H5869
And you shall putH5414
HCHVqq2msof your honorH1935
HNcfscof the childrenH1121
HNpmay be obedient.H8085
HTdHNcmsawho shall askH7592
HRHSp3msaccording to the judgmentH4941
HNcmscHSp3msthey shall go out,H3318
HCHRhis word theyH6310
HNcmscHSp3msshall come in,H935
HVqi3mphe and allH3605
HToHSp3msAnd he tookH3947
HNpand set himH5975
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved